[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SNES like visuals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: example.png (4KB, 990x372px) Image search: [Google]
example.png
4KB, 990x372px
I have an unusual need and think that maybe /vr/ is the only board on 4chan that can help me.

I need some kind of way to recreate SNES style sprite/text work. Starting a vidya related Youtube channel and I want the logo to be styled like pic related but cycling through the colors.

Is there some kind of rom editor I could use?
>>
You don't need to fuck around with any ROMs or anything. Just find a font similar to that that you want to use (search "whatever game" font, or just look for pixely fonts on dafont) and do whatever you want to it in After Effects or whatever else you're using.
>>
>>4224093
I'm using Adobe Premiere but hardly know how to do anything beside the actually video editing...this is just such a weirdly specific effect and I've only ever seen it on retro systems
>>
>>4224103
You mean pixels?
>>
>>4224134
yes
>>
>>4224036
Just use mspaint and rip off some companies logo
>>
>>4224151
You are making a thread about "How do I pixel"? Are you serious?
>>
>>4224162
about how do I make animations like SNES, yes
>>
>>4224173
Sprite work is basically a practice in and of itself, I doubt you'll be able to make something of the "SNES quality" you're thinking of.

Like, even if you were really sure how to define that quality, going and making your own stuff with that in mind would be a waste of time unless you were already good at this kind of thing.

I'll give you a tip: try stealing colors drectly from pre-existing game titles screens. Stay on that pallette and you'll get some semblance of what you want.
>>
Go on Spriter's Resource and look for ripped fonts, or take emulator screenshots of SNES game title screens.

Just use MS Paint for spriting, anything else is overkill to the point of being clunky. Do a simple gradient shade with the text using a couple colors.
>>
>>4224036
>unusual need
There are literally millions of other attention whores who need the same thing for their shit youtube shit and can't draw a picture in paint.
>>
>>4224036

>how do I shot web?
>>
>>4224036
I'm willing to do this for you.

The kind of discontinued equipment you would need to render something like that with with authentic pixel density and chromatics, it's gonna cost you at least $400.

I'm do it for $350.
>>
>>4227094

Don't rip him off. It's true that the equipment is expensive, especially the pixel renderer, but at that price he may as well buy it himself.

I'll do it for 200 plus tip.
>>
>>4227094
>>4227103
Topkek. If OP is too retarded to do this in a few minutes in a free paint program what makes you think he has $4 let alone $400.
>>
>>4227357
Exactly, that is why I'm offering to do it for $100
>>
>>4224036
i know exactly what you want. i'll do it for $650, a $100 discount.
>>
>>4224036
I'll do it for $1000 but my work is second to none.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.