[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DIABLO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: Screenshot041.jpg (466KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot041.jpg
466KB, 800x600px
>one socket ethereal berserker axe drop episode
>>
>>4223369
That's an odd way to spell berserker axe.

Also first for hammerdins and skellymancers are the worst.
>>
>>4223548
got three socketed ethereal vortex shield the other day

I guess no botd and exile for me
>>
>>4223369
How is it possible for a Zod to drop in act 1? I was under the impression that after a certain point in the rune hierarchy (50-75% of the way up) that it was impossible for the runes to drop naturally, even with maxed item find. Yeah yeah bots and duping blah blah.

Granted I haven't played in maaaaaaaaany years so my knowledge is likely horribly out of date. Maybe they patched it, I don't know and haven't been interested enough to look it up.
>>
>>4223659
OPs pic is cowlvl, not act 1
>>
>>4223659
It looks like the secret cow level.
>>
>>4223659
All runes have a drop chance

It's just that Zod runes have like a 0.000000000001% drop chance

you could probably craft dozens of them before you find one from random drop
>>
File: 1 zod.png (6KB, 281x463px) Image search: [Google]
1 zod.png
6KB, 281x463px
When attempting to cube Zod, make sure to bring the needed materials.
>>
File: Screenshot003.jpg (478KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot003.jpg
478KB, 800x600px
>>4223659
>>4223668
>>4223670

technically it's act 1 but moo moo farm
>>
>>4223863
We're gonna need more mules
>>
Is there a mod out there that makes any runeword possible on any base item? For instance Bramble on a bow or Fury on a helmet, but still giving them random rolls when you make them? Im always so bummed there is little freedom (in SP/nonladder especially) with experimenting with builds and aura sillyness because of this. Imagine giving a paladin whirwind or giving a necro like 15 auras for his summons. Would be really neat imo
>>
>>4225269
Hero editor and a dice
>>
File: 6.jpg (16KB, 468x152px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
16KB, 468x152px
>>4225269
You could probably do something based on the general procedure for activating ladder-only runewords for single player

create a new directory path: \Diablo II\Data\Global\Excel\

the ladder runewords are pasted in pastebin here: xGLWhmZ1

the paste is made into a text file i.e. 'runewords.txt' and placed in the directory

the game will read the file if you start diablo with the command-line params -direct -txt

You can make changes to the runewords, like raising the minima of all the mods with ranges.
>>
Lightning Sorceress in Diablo 2 is probably my favorite class of any RPG game, it's wonderful.
>>
>>4225269
>extract "data" folder from patch_d2.mpq into Diablo 2 folder
>go into "data" and find "runes.txt"
>set everything under the "server" column to "FALSE"
>set everything under the "itype1" column to "any"
>go to "itemtypes.txt" and set every piece of equipment under the "maxsock1", "maxsock25" and "maxsock40" columns to 6 (don't do this to gems and potions or your game might explode if it hasn't already)
>go to "armor.txt" and set everything under the "invwidth" column to "2", "invheight" column to "3" and "gemsocket" column to "6"
>repeat for "weapons.txt"
>go to "misc.txt" and repeat the previous procedure for amulets, rings and charms

Now every piece of equipment will have up to 6 sockets and take any runeword. If you really want to get creative, you could also replace all the characters with the barbarian sprite so that any character can dual wield. Or if you want to go even further beyond, you could give every single skill to every single character, thereby maximizing game freedom.
>>
What's the best way to play Diablo 1? Usually there seems to be some controversy. Is the ps1 port actually viable?
>>
>>4225269
I made a very poorly constructed mod because your idea is funny. You'll need D2SE to run it.

>all equipment (weapons, armor, charms, jewelry) is now 2x3 tiles
>all equipment now supports up to 6 sockets
>ladder runewords are enabled
>all runewords work in all equipment
>added cube recipes to easily socket things (if you want it easier just mess around with cubemain.txt)

https://mega.nz/#!RHYnRJrK!nXPAsVWJ5OilPtgLzL_ZJRWY49mrjr06PWDN-W697dU
>>
>>4227523
>10 stacked lvl 15 holy shock aura melee sorc
>>
>>4227714
You could do more than that, since the balancing is really dumb.

>inventory is now 40x16 (640 tiles), allowing for ~100 charms
>10 pieces of non-charm equipment
>110 dream runewords for level 1650 holy shock

I'm pretty sure the game caps skills at either 127 or 255, though, so you'd probably end up overrolling. That is if the game doesn't crash from having that much data on a single character (save file size cap is 4096 kb, only ever reached on mods with huge inventories or extremely complicated items).
>>
>>4225918
Is melee shock bolt sorc still a thing
>>
Is it good to run River of Flame? Seems like nobody is farming there?
>>
File: Barbarian_diablo_II.gif (190KB, 97x203px) Image search: [Google]
Barbarian_diablo_II.gif
190KB, 97x203px
>>4223369

> Fire up Diablo 2 after years of not playing
> Roll a Barbarian
> Put every statpoint into magic
> Put every skillpoint into Leap
> Not Leap Attack
> Leap
> Join people's games and just jump around them like an idiot
> Follow them wherever they go, leaping nonstop the entire time
> An endless series of Barbarian grunts mixed with me laughing my ass off is the only sound in the room

Diablo 2 is fun
>>
>>4230783
you should try building a singer
>>
Hey if you want to do some D2 ladder I'm all set for grinding with you :)
>>
>>4231047
who are you talking to
>>
>>4231047
>ladder
Why would you even play on Bnet, it's literally a bunch of bots. The heyday of d2 online is far gone.
>>
Whose smart idea it was to disable gambling Necromancer totems, wands, and other items?

Whose smart idea it was to disable buying socketed items? Jewels? Gems?

Why are vendor items utter shit?
>>
>>4227491
Isnt there a HD mod? Anyway I think d1 is abandonware so you can play without the mod if you're hardcore /vr/.
>>
>>4231918
Gold in d2 is handled terribly. The more valuable it is the more it encourages you slow down your playing by picking up trash loot, playing inventory tetris, going back to town, selling it, and constantly checking the vendors to see if they randomly get something worth buying.
>>
>>4232195
don't forget spending a metric ton to revive a dead merc
>>
>>4232229
Yeah all the expenses are just an annoyance. Because once you get past a3 normal that's all they are, expenses. There's nothing to spend your cash on except bills...unless you want to spend 20 minutes gambling for something which will almost certainly be a waste of time.

And there isn't even a challenge to the bill paying, all it means is you need to pick up a few more wands off the ground every once in awhile.

The only currency system that ever worked was d1 and Poe. In d1 the black smith is actually useful for about 75% of the game's length and when he isn't you can buy permanent stat ups as a money sink.

Most importainly the drop rate for vendor-worthy gear is sane, you can pick up everything and it won't slow you down. If d2 had money sinks worht carrying about you'd play the game 3 times slower because you'd have to return to town to sell off your trash after every 3rd encounter in hell.

Poe, almost currencies have a use even at the highest of all content. You can spam alterations on elixers and actually get something useful, alchs and trans+regal can actually be used with scours to generate rares. Fuses and above are all essential

Also the interface is a million times better than d2's gambling that has you refreshing pages for hours.
>>
File: 1752.12.png (27KB, 245x152px) Image search: [Google]
1752.12.png
27KB, 245x152px
>>4232287
> If d2 had money sinks worht carrying about you'd play the game 3 times slower because you'd have to return to town to sell off your trash after every 3rd encounter in hell.

christ, when you put it that way I guess I'm glad there isn't much incentive to stockpile cash. just stay out in the field and keep killing.

something currency-like that does drop regularly are the ingreds for crafting. depending on the build, one or more crafted items are usually the best possible equipment for a slot. Pic related, I rolled this FCR ring last week.
>>
>>4232927
Runes work fine because picking them up isn't a pain. Gold drops all the time and so do high gold items, while runes drop at rate so that even if you picked up every single it wouldn't slow you down (storing them is another story though). If the rune system were to be redone I think the number of runes should be cut dramatically but reduced. Every rune should be worth picking up and relatively scarce. No more managing a truck low of low runes.

I also think gems should be changed to scale with player level. They actually worth using in normal mode, but once you hit nightmare it's only very specific situations where you want them.
>>
>>4232945
You're overlooking the balancing the game does already. Low lvl runes arent worth having around because you can do 2 countess runs and get them again. In nightmare I rarely save anything below Dol or so. As for gems, gem drops get more common later on, too. Nightmare a3-4 has flawlesses at every turn and if like you say, you're only using them in specific situations, what's the problem?

Ill agree on the gold part, but being able to gamble any specific item wouldnt be balanced, either. Different classes also have more or less to gain from vendors. If you're a paladin, you're shit out of luck. If you're a necro struggling at some part and you can cough up the cash (which as you meantioned, is easily done), getting a wand with lots of skills might push you through. Bow amazons' best weapons are at the vendors if you're lucky enough to get a 200% ed elite spawn. In hell, it happens more than you think. Also, see gold farming as a punishment. In many cases, youll be spending it to repair elite armor, and you lose it when you die. These penalties, to me, feel like subtle hints to go farming a little more. In SP I sometimes have to spend 300k while my stash just got raped by a boss stack. Well, time to takr a step back.
>>
>>4230783
Underrated post
>>
>>4223625
>got three socketed ethereal vortex shield the other day
Does it have resists or ed? There is a Ko Ko Mal Shield that works great with the high resist of pally class shields. I have a 96% resist all shield, and I don't think it was the max.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.