[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to play Sonic 3 and/or Knuckles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: Sonic_3nK.png (41KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_3nK.png
41KB, 640x448px
What's the best way to play Sonic 3 and/or Knuckles?
>>
Knuckles routes are totally short, underused and not that much harder than the Sonic routes.
>>
Best is to delete that rom and download Mario instead because Sanic was never good.
>>
>>4222976
>>4222987
don't samefig.

you already got your answer on /v/. it's not gonna be any different here. Go for Sonic 3 complete.
>>
>>4222987
Why do you come into threads about things you don't like?
>>
>>4222987
>FIlthy casual confirmed
Go back to /v/ dumbass.
>>
>4222985 (You)
>4222987 (You)

posts almost exactly 1 minute apart

nice samefag
>>
Sonic 3 Complete is the absolute best way to play Sonic 3 & Knuckles nowadays. It is the only hack that I prefer over the original game.
>>
Might as well ask here :
Is there a way to reuse the giant rings for emerald farming?
If you play Sonic 1 or 2 on a real Genesis, you can enter a special stage on act 1, get an emerald, reset the console, and the emerald stays on memory, so you can keep doing it until you get all 7. Is there something similar on 3?
>>
>>4224861
I don't think so, but the game has save files so you can just reload if you fuck up a special stage.

Blue sphere is a thousand times easier than the maze or halfpipe anyway.
>>
>>4224870
I tried that, I failed, hit reset, reloaded, and the ring was already gone, I guess it saves the moment you touch it or as soon as you fail.
>>
I didn't know there was a sonic 3 complete. What does it do?
>>
Play Sonic 3 first and play Sonic and Knuckles. That is the best way to do it. S3&K together got less content than the two separate.

>>4225124
It adds some transition animations and rearranges stage orders. Also it fixes minor annoying shit like some super sonic animations and the ability to choose to not transform when over 50 rings. It does far more than those, actually, but minor stuff like those.
>>
>>4225185
>rearranges stage orders
That is an optional feature. That's important to note. I like Flying Battery where it is.
>>
>>4225124
Does a fuckton of shit and has multiple options for almost any nitpick you might have, including music, character sprites and abilities. Essentially makes Sonic 3&K look like a beta version, close to release.
>>
>>4222976
There's no such thing as Sonic The Hedgehog 3 Complete.
>>
>>4225575
You're no such thing as Sonic The Hedgehog 3 Complete.
>>
>>4222976
>What's the best way to play Sonic 3 and/or Knuckles?

Finish Sonic 3 alone, then Sonic & Knuckles alone, then lock the cartridges together and finish the linked game. They all have their own set of endings.

>Sonic 3 Complete
It's a rather autistic ROMhack that "fixes" things about the linked game that apparently triggered the ROMhack's author. I don't see any point. The games are meant to be toggled between linked and non-linked, so there's already a variety of ways to play them.
>>
>>4222987
Right on the money.
>>
Are there any equivalents to S3C of Sonic 2 and 1? As in, basic enhancement romhacks?
>>
>>4224861
If you flunk a giant ring, then shut the game off, the ring will still be gone. However, if you beat the game, then just go to Mushroom Hill Act 1 for example (which has the giant ring right at the beginning), you can then farm them. Win or lose, if you reload, they will reappear.
>>
File: Bowtie.jpg (31KB, 377x377px)
Bowtie.jpg
31KB, 377x377px
>>4222976
is there a working torrent yet?

I'm not sure if my PC can even handle the game
>>
>>4225616
No it isn't you cunt and stop using fucking meaningless buzzwords like "muhhh autistic" makes you look like a lazy minded ignorant shitter. Sonic 3 complete sorts out a ton of inconcsistencies in level order, bugs and modes, see here to learn so you can avoid looking like a retard in public in future.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_3_Complete
>>
>>4226329
>"stop calling me autistic!!"
>(autistic rant)

Chill out. S3&K didn't have that many bugs. Most of that stuff IS just autistic nitpicking. Knuckles' scenario did have a few goofs like Robotnik's sprite appearing in boss fights when it should have been the robot instead, but the differences between locked-on and non-locked games are largely intentional. Needing a ROMhack to "address" those things is utterly silly.

But feel free to continue insulting me if you like. I'm sure that will prove your point about my being a lazy minded ignorant shitter who looks like a retard in public.
>>
>>4226329
Some purists must be purist for the sake of being purist. They will absolutely never be satisfied and deem any work, no matter the quality, to be inferior to the original source.

He seems to forget that right away on the screenshot it shows how it's possible to, indeed, play the game in multiple ways, in this case even more.
>>
>>4226329
>>4226360

Stop samefagging
>>
>>4226359
>Using "autism" as an insult
>Sounding like an idiot
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.