[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Populous discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1589.png (15KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1589.png
15KB, 320x200px
ITT: Populous discussion
>>
File: 6210_front.jpg (64KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
6210_front.jpg
64KB, 512x512px
>>
>>4222704
Holy crap, I haven't thought about Populous in ages.
>>
>>4222714
>>
One of the greatest games of all time.

>>4222704
I hope that knight walks right into that swamp.
>>
Populous was a revolutionary game but the gameplay is too simplistic for me. Populous II on the other hand is still perfectly playable and enjoyable.
>>
What do you guys think of the SNES port, gamepad controls aside?
>>
>>4222748

It's shit.
>>
File: 3908.png (16KB, 640x400px)
3908.png
16KB, 640x400px
>>4222704
Why does it look like Genesia?
>>
>>4222868
Populous came out first in 1989
>>
I love Populous.
After 25 years I'm still not entirely sure that I'm playing it correctly.
>>
>>4222868
>>4222887

Populous inspired a lot of games.
>>
oh gosh i forgot about Populous. only ever played the SNES version, and sunk many hours into it. what other games are there like it?
>>
Are you guys still playing The Beginning?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVn9RgUykHU

Beautiful soundtrack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNkcjxZgc4s
>>
>>4222982
I have to fucking play it again. I was like 7 when I last played this. Played the fuck out of it, even if I didn't know what I was doing.
>>
>>4223023

You can get it from here:

http://popms.net/en/downloads/programs/viewdownload/7-programs/49-populous-the-beginning
>>
>>4222968

Play Populous 2 and 3.
>>
>>4222868
>that well developed area
>only area owned
doingitwrong.jpg right there.
>>
Got this when it was one of the only snes games available.
Never understood how to play. it.
>>
File: Powermonger_1.png (29KB, 320x200px)
Powermonger_1.png
29KB, 320x200px
>>4222868
>>4222943
>>
>>4222704
Good modern populous game when? They're all half baked Indy cash grab scams
>>
>>4222740

Is there a swamp there? It looks like ruined cropland to me. I think swamps are more black and speckly on that land.
>>
>>4223524

Yeah there are a few semi-obscure things you need to know to get going well in it. Like there's some way to automatically flatten land around structures that isn't completely obvious, and of course you need to have some idea of what in the world the papal magnet does, and how leaders work, and what in the hell the shield is trying to tell you. (Okay I still don't entirely understand the shield.)

But it's fairly simple once you've learned most of that. And then... actually it ends up being kind of easy and samey, from one map to the next. There isn't a lot of variety I think... I mean what can they do? Every map is just a square, and tweaking the rules and the landscape attributes doesn't change the fundamental strategy much. It's awkward when you can't raise or lower land, but otherwise you just kinda do the same thing over and over I guess.

It's a cool game though.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.