[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gold Box Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: gateway.jpg (226KB, 713x992px) Image search: [Google]
gateway.jpg
226KB, 713x992px
I started Gateway to the Savage Frontier a few days ago, and I'm really enjoying it. Never played a Gold Box game before, so I picked this one because I heard the two Savage Frontier games are good for beginners. Although I also heard that they're probably the weakest installments as well. Any truth to that? I plan to start the Krynn games after I'm finished with these two. Anyway, Gold Box thread. I wanna know all you know about these games. Stories, complaints, tips, whatever.
>>
>>4220114
I am not well versed in these games but I kinda want to be. A while back I made an attempt at playing Pool of Radiance but it was very annoying to get myself situated. Seemed quite grand overall, though. I think I regret not persevering with it.

These Savage Frontier games are easier to get into are they?
>>
>>4222189
In my experience, yes. The two Savage Frontier games have more tame combat encounters and they are a bit shorter than the others. If you play Gateway to the Savage Frontier and still end up frustrated, I'd recommend the Gold Box Companion. It adds automapping to all of the games and implements the fix command (which auto heals and re-memorizes spells in the camp menu) from the later games into the earlier ones. You should have a lot easier of a time getting situated in Pool of Radiance if you use it.
>>
File: Stronghold_(1993)_Coverart[1].png (170KB, 256x328px) Image search: [Google]
Stronghold_(1993)_Coverart[1].png
170KB, 256x328px
>>4220114
I don't know how I played so many hours of this game considering I remember literally none of the mechanics.
>>
There were console adaptations of some of these games. The NES port of Pool of Radiance is definitely worth checking out.
>>
Made it to Ascore. From what I understand, facing Vaalgamon is optional. Anyone know if you get something special for defeating him? I plan to fight him regardless, just want a heads up.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.