[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wire managment.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: dsc00683.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
dsc00683.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
How do you manage your wires so it doesn't look like a giant tangled mess? im thinking about using this old 2" pvc pipe in the garage and shoving all the wires in there and tape it against the wall.
>>
>>4219872
I don't have everything plugged in at the same time
>>
Cable ties and wall mounts. If you're using power strips, those usually have nail slots for wall mounting. Cables and wires can usually be arranged somewhere behind the back panel of your desk or TV stand where they're slightly suspended out of sight.
>>
>>4219879
Pretty much says it all. If you're using shelves or something that doesn't have a back, you can just staple up some cardboard or even just packing paper to the back.
>>
>>4219872
I use my speakers and entertainment center to hide everything. Not so much hide as keep put of reach of the toddler
>>
File: tying cables.jpg (25KB, 540x397px) Image search: [Google]
tying cables.jpg
25KB, 540x397px
you tie them.
>>
>>4219872
I have a simple strategy. Keep them hidden from plain sight by either putting them behind my entertainment center or under the space of the entertainment center. You need to simplify your connections.
>>
File: 4-zip-tie-black-100-pack.jpg.png (2MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
4-zip-tie-black-100-pack.jpg.png
2MB, 800x800px
>>4219872
>>
I just let it remain a tangled mess and don't let it bother me, because I'm not an autist.
>>
>>4219872
>im thinking about using this old 2" pvc pipe
I use pic related.
>>
>>4220023
/thread
>>
>>4219872
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiO-rNyVngU

There is only one choice for your retro cable management. Tie that shit up tight like a union worker in the 50s with nothing to do for the rest of the day
>>
>>4220376
What an oddly specific metaphor.
>>
>>4220424
You only see it in old phone plant and space equipment, everyone else just used zip ties.
>>
File: sku_292729_3[1].jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
sku_292729_3[1].jpg
38KB, 600x600px
>>4219872
I used to use >>4220058, but now I just use velcro cable ties.
>>
Sysadmin here;

>>4220023

Zipties are for infrastructure cabling, bundles that won't ever move like huge bundles of CAT6 dropping from ceiling into a patch panel. Too much of a pain in the ass to be cutting ties when you need to move something.

>>4220058

The only place you ever want to use wiring loom is when you want to hide cables from the public, kiosks, advert displays. See above, it's a pain to unwind when you need to make a minor change to your setup; also automotive split-tube wiring harness is infinitely superior and cheaper than coil loom.

>>4220480

This is what you want, easy to work with, bundles look tidy, and easy to make changes.
>>
>>4219872
How can people be literary too stupid to manage wires?
>>
>>4221852
>>How can people be literary too stupid to manage wires?
>>literary too stupid
>>literary
stupid
>>
>>4223821
>the meme
>your head

Literary
>>
replace everything with wifi adapters
>>
>>4219872
Trunking. Basically a non hillbilly version of your pipe.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.