[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here who is into arcade cabs? Got myself a Blast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: r3.jpg (199KB, 1378x922px) Image search: [Google]
r3.jpg
199KB, 1378x922px
Anyone else here who is into arcade cabs?

Got myself a Blast City this summer and trying to get my hands on a Sega S-TV board.

Already got some Jamma PCBs and an Atomiswave.
>>
>>4217848
Love the sega candy cabs but it's hard as fuck to get one in decent shape here on the east coast.
>>
Love the fake pic.
>>
>>4217916

what?
>>
Candy cabs are awesome but the only cab like that I EVER played many hours on that was remotely like them was Tekken 5. Having an authentic candy cab doesn't feel like it would be worth so much more to me than a big square-chassis RGB monitor and an all-happ supergun. I imagine they usually have siemetsu controls right?
>>
>>4217848
Cabs are expensive, high maintenance, prone to failure, consume too much power and take too much space. Only a retard would prefer collecting one over console ports or emulation. No wonder the only subrace that still sees value in them are the technology-illiterate Japanese.
>>
>>4217995
Ports are blasphemy and I've never seen a reasonably priced supergun.
>>
>>4217998
Then just emulate, man up and adapt to the input lag like a man.
>>
>>4218009
Just not the same and if I'm going to be buying sanwa parts it might as well be going into a candy cab since I like them.

Western cabs do take up way too much space though I don't know why anyone prefers those.
>>
>>4217848
I think cabs are really cool but way too rich for my blood. Maybe eventually I'll get House of the Dead or Ridge Racer or something, but it'll be one cab and that's it because I live in a 2 bedroom in the ghetto
>>
>>4217848
I used to repair them as a side business and ended up with a bunch I'd lend out in exchange for a cut of the take. Still have a few cabs and a bunch of boards.

>>4217995
Thanks for finishing off your insane rant with a zinger to prove how retarded you are.
>>
A word of advice for those that run candy cabs in America.

Get a step down converter to prevent future damage to your cab.
Even though they can run on a USA power outlet, the outlet will run slightly higher than what is usual in Japan. I believe we use 110AC while Japan uses 100AC.

I heard this from Ken, the guy who imports a lot of cabs into the USA(he lists them on ebay every once in a while). I forget exactly what he said, but he mentioned that blast cities are notorious for being problematic. Apparently, he figured out that the cause of the problems were that people were running them without step down converters.

It makes sense, because even though the cabs are working fine, over time that extra power could cause all sorts of damage without anyone noticing.

I have an anecdote about my own experience with this situation.
I had a used Japanese DS lite that I got off ebay.
The thing worked for a few years or so.
Then all of a sudden, it started getting weird problems like the screen fuzzing out and eventually dying.
I've had a few DS lites, and none of them ever did anything like the Japanese one.
And I sure as hell didn't drop it or treat it roughly.
The only thing that could've caused it, was that I used the Japanese AC adapter the whole time I had it.

It could be all a coincidence, but keep in mind that a step down converter could be had for like 20 bucks. If you're gonna plunk down $500-1000 for the cab, get the step down converter for some peace of mind. Replacement parts(especially a monitor chassis) are expensive.
>>
>>4219132
Nintendo went the extra mile in making a standard adaptor that works in the 100 to 120 volt range and from 50 to 60 Hz.
>>
>>4219132
Wow. Just wow.
>>
>>4219132
Good call. It was a problem with imported famicoms too.
>>
Where do I go to get a candy cab? There's shitall in local listings where I live (I'm prepared to drive, but in Canada, driving to the next big city can mean 2-5 hours).
>>
>>4217995
Do you ever feel the pressing need to de-value what you cannot have?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.