[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scored an Atari 7800 super fucking cheap, because it wouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: atari 7800 composite.jpg (132KB, 839x535px) Image search: [Google]
atari 7800 composite.jpg
132KB, 839x535px
Scored an Atari 7800 super fucking cheap, because it wouldn't turn on. Got it home, opened it up, and there was a cold solder joint on the main power supply transistor. Hit that, and boom, fixed. Took 15 minutes, tops.

Went to the local used game shop today to get some carts to include in the re-sale, and the guy said that doing an AV mod wasn't too bright anymore because new TV's are HDMI or RF only anymore. No more composite inputs at all. He said I shouldn't bother with doing the mod, as it's a waste of time.

Is the guy trying to blow smoke up my ass, or is this a legit thing? I've seen on eGAY many, many 7800's go for well over $150 with the mod.

So, who is right? Do the mod, or fuck it, sell as is?
>>
>>4215660
You can grab the unmodded console and shove it up your ass until you cum pixelated squirts.
>>
Any nigger using rf and especially any nigger using a modern TV isn't gonna give a fuck about an Atari 7800
>>
I'm pretty sure they all still have composite, he's either conning you or he's a dumbfuck.
Oh, and you're misusing the phrase "blow smoke up my ass".
>>
>>4215660
Please return to reddit. This has genuinely been the longest summer this place has ever seen
>>
>>4215660
The guy in the shop is even dumber than you. kek
>>
>>4215660
He's not lying to you, many modern tvs are HDMI only. But you shouldn't consider this anyway, play that 7800 on a decent crt in 240p.
>>
>>4215660
just go look at some new tv's you fucking autist.
>>
>>4215858
>I'm pretty sure they all still have composite, he's either conning you or he's a dumbfuck.
They have composite just not in the traditional manner as they require extra cables for it to work (you need a converter to plug the cables in instead of just the 3 cables as new TV's have on cable port for it).
>>
>>4215858
Some do, some don't. I think composite might be getting phased out.
>>
Eh, fuck it. I'm going to do the mod. The mod is tard level easy, and the picture is just so, so much better than RF. Besides, this is purely for resale as I already have a modded 7800 for myself.
>>
>>4216425
You're get less and less retarded than the shop guy by the hour.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.