[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you have a daughter or son, do you play games together?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 22

File: aWjZ7Xd.jpg (145KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
aWjZ7Xd.jpg
145KB, 768x1024px
If you have a daughter or son, do you play games together?

If so, what games?
>>
Mostly modern games but he like Sonic, Mario, Street Fighter and Spyro. The first game he picked up and played on his own was Zaxxon at 1 year old
>>
A daughteru.

We play Donkey Kong Country series and Angry Birds.
>>
probably try different things
if it was me, them & other people I'd do party games
if it was just me & them I'd try different co-op or vs games. maybe do something like DDR vs mode and winner pics the next game we play together
>>
>>4215062
that 3d & 2d loli is definitely not retro
>>
File: download (20).jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (20).jpg
11KB, 225x225px
Do nephews count? I had a cool aunt when growing up that bought me games and played them with me, and it's one of my fondest memories, so I try to be the cool uncle for them.
>>
I used to play Doom and watch Adventure Time a lot with my niece and nephew. Even though I can't be a parent, I'm happy being the cool aunt ^~^
>>
Yea. My kids tend to like games they play on the tablet but together we play Joust and Super Mario mostly. For modern games they like the lego games and Minecraft.
>>
I haven't seen OP show but
https://exhentai.org/g/1100867/5f4348429d/
>>
>>4215226
so what's the connection between OP pic and a crying panda?
>>
>>4215242
Pandas are cute like the girl in the OP :3
>>
>>4215226
pomf
>>
>>4215062
I don't have kids yet, but when I do I will let them play games and also play games with them. I want to start them out on some older stuff, 4th gen or earlier, but mainly they can play whatever they want.

No fucking internet until they're 13 though. Or maybe later. This shit is addictive.
>>
>>4215271
Maybe, have you ever thought, your kids won't give a shit about this old crap?
>>
>>4215062
Minecraft, Borderlands 2, Diablo 3. My son will play anything that's co-op. He's seven now.
>>
>>4215316
I forgot to mention he loves playing the NES with me. Especially Duck Hunt.
>>
>>4215062
I'm that uncle who plays Postal 2 AWP with their 7 year old nephew.
>>
I have 2 nephews age 4 and 6, though their dad was never in their lives and i have helped my sis out and took care of them since they were babies. As a result they call me dad...i dont mind but i really dont know whats going to happen when they're older and figure things out..

Anyways i play / let them play retro games all the time. Usual stuff like smb 1-3, super mario world, tetris...etc. They like mega man but its too hard for them so they just watch me play.
>>
reminder that if you have kids you need to grow up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kp6Ggo3UzQ

i keep forgetting how many old people are on this board, at least it seems most of you know the difference between shoving your hobbies down your kids throat and occasionally playing mario kart 8 with them if they enjoy it
>>
>>4215367
LMAO the kid doesn't even know what's going on.
>>
She likes Puyo Puyo and Megaman Legends. Those are the only ones that can hold her attention for more than an hour, anyway.
>>
My 3 year old daughter likes Kirby super star DS
>>
My daughter doesn't game much, but enjoys some multiplayer Mario or Rayman legends.

My son takes after me and loves gaming, but at the minute it seems he'd rather watch a YouTube let's play rather than playing himself. I don't get it.
>>
My daughter and son play games on their ipads. They love this game called 'doctor' they go to the back bedroom and play it for hours at a time. Apparently it's super intensive too because they are always sweating when they get done playing. I would offer to play with them but they can never find the app when I ask to play it. Hahaha. Kids will be kids.
>>
>>4215407
l-lewd
>>
>>4215132
Briefly explain to us a day in the life of Cool Uncle and his siblings' kids.
>>
File: chino surprise.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
chino surprise.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>4215407
>>
>>4215407

hahaha

Not retro
>>
>>4215465
best punchline
>>
>>4215367
>I keep forgetting how many old people are on this board
How could you forget if this a retro board for old men
>>
>>4215418
Nothing mindblowing, but here's an example
>pick them up after school, take them to amusement park/mall/dinosaur exhibit (whatever's available at the time)
>get something to eat that THEY want instead of whatever their picky mom decrees
>2 SCOOPS
>if it's around festivities or I haven't been able to visit in a while, get them a couple of games
>half the time we play on PS4, the other half they ask me to show them some older games so I oblige, N64 is a favorite of them
>they get to stay up late when I visit too
I guess they're having fun because of the laughs and the fact that they're not staring at their smartphones like the rest of the time
>>
File: hyaluj4xnlmx.jpg (42KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
hyaluj4xnlmx.jpg
42KB, 500x492px
>>4215486
I kinda feel bad watching them grow up since I know they'll enter that teenage "ugh, everything blows and is so lame" phase, I hope they remember our time together as fondly as I remember the time with my aunt
>>
>>4215475
Not really, it's a hipster board for hipster millennials.
>>
>>4215062
I have both. The daughter never played anything except pokemanz but fortunately has a few friends who are into other stuff, so we play when they come over. But this limits it to 3+ player games since I have a son who loves games. So smash, racing games, gun games, toy commander, maybe mario party if cantgitguds are hanging on. I play tons of stuff with my son. He's OK with taking turns on shmups and stuff where levels are short or odds are you'll die along the way. Doesn't mind taking turns in collectathons either. So we've played a lot of single player stuff together. 2 player arcade games, coop or competitive, are what we play the most. We play modern stuff as well but the same types.
>>
No.

If I have a son I'll take him outdoors so we can go fishing and hunting so he becomes strong and alpha and not a fat little bitch like his dad, if I have a daughter I'll try and salvage the situation and stop her from becoming a social media ultra-whore.
>>
No kids of my own, but I have 2 nieces and 4 nephews who are all about video games. My oldest nephew is a big fan of Bomberman and the NES Mario series. Bomberman is a blast when we can get most of the kids in on it at the same time.

We've tried Quake III and Unreal Tournament but there were some hardware related issues that slowed us down.
>>
Don't have a family but the zelda games might be fun to play with a kid, the games are very wondrous and creative. Besides that maybe some high octane first person shooter to show them what adulthood games are like.
>>
>>4215491
maybe 4u
>>
>>4215062
Yes to all.

Mariokart for any of the 3 systems with everyone involved. My wife is a party pooper and complains of motion sick bla bla bla...

The boy and I just finished Halo. Trying to get him into some RPGs because I think it will help with reading. Possibly easing into shining force.
>>
File: Splatoon_Audience.png (255KB, 600x356px) Image search: [Google]
Splatoon_Audience.png
255KB, 600x356px
>>4215642
>what adulthood games are like.
Here's the reality.
>>
>>4215723
except 90% of people that play splatoon are kids. you just frequent /v/ a lot.
>>
>>4215784
You're missing the point, in that 90% of people who play "adult" games are also kids.
>>
File: 2017-08-25 22.46.44.jpg (221KB, 682x627px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-25 22.46.44.jpg
221KB, 682x627px
>>4215226
>>
>>4215296
>mainly they can play whatever they want
>>
>>4215491
>hipster millennials
I was born in the mid 80s I'm an old man AND a millenial. How is that possible?

I'm also a hipster.
>>
>>4215948
You're also a faggot.
>>
>>4215490
Just don't turn into a cunt like my uncle who got really pissy over inheritance and never talked to any of us again.
>>
>>4215948
>omg im over 30 im so old lol xd
>>
i have neither
i'm not in a relationship and 99.9% certain i'll never have children

i have a nephew, though. he lives with his mother (my sister) cos his dad's a fuckin deadbeat. i don't see him often cos i live ten hours away from them but am hoping slightly that when he knows me better i can introduce him to vidya

they live in a town with approx 5000 people in the mountains so there isn't much there in the way of vidya. maybe if they ever visit me here (i live in the city) i can take him to an arcade or something if he wants to.
>>
File: chrischan.jpg (176KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
chrischan.jpg
176KB, 1280x720px
>>4215491
>muhllennials
Reminder that if you're not a "millennial", you're either max 18 years old or as old as pic related.
>>
>>4215395
Why not play together?
>>
>>4216823
>not being Gen X master race

Get the fuck off my board, millennial scum.
>>
>>4216823
Depending on who you ask people who are 18-23 now are considered Gen Z, distinct from Millenials (Gen Y)
>>
>>4215103
My daughter and I have been playing Stepmania almost every day on my Precision pad since I got it a couple months ago. It's a great way to get her playing vidya while tiring her out.

Retro games that we've played together that I'm remembering right now:
Pinball (NES), Rad Racer, SMB1/3, SMW1/2, SM64, Bubble Bobble, Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle, Marble Madness, a bunch of Pac-Man games, Excitebike.

For modern stuff she really likes Rabi-Ribi which is fairly retro as far as the controls/gameplay goes (it's a weeb "metroidvania").
>>
File: pastel.jpg (85KB, 697x593px) Image search: [Google]
pastel.jpg
85KB, 697x593px
>>4215062
sleepy loli
>>
>>4216823
Cool. So neither me or my youngest are millennials. Probably explains why we're so fucking gud at games.

>>4217379
Nobody asks that one young millennial.
>>
File: 1489881579585.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1489881579585.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
>>4215486
>>2 SCOOPS
Shit nigger if I did that my sister would kill me since my nephew goes nuclear even with the slightest amount of sugar.

As I said I have a nephew (4) and a niece (10). The girl doesn't seem to like anything specific, though she had that weird phase when she and all her friends were super into FNAF. They never played the game, they just watched videos of people playing and collected some trading cards. She seems to like Pikachu and Kirby but everyone loves Kirby so...

My nephew breaks anything he touches so until now I have avoided lending him the vidya. Yesterday he snuck onto my while I was playing RE5 (the part with the bat/worm thing) and he thought it was fucking awesome. He also watched me play Crash Bandicoot and Dino Crisis, and he like those. Might start with some Kirby in the future.
>>
Me and my son play vidya we going through donkey Kong country he's shit at it though.
>>
>>4215062
I don't have any kids of my own yet. I used to play with my father, but he doesn't really play video games anymore due to arthritis and sciatica. Now he's very picky about what kinds of games to play (it must use a peripheral like the wheel I bought for my PS2) and in general doesn't appreciate retro.

That is all.
>>
don't sexualise your daughter, anon.
>>
File: 1451025722033.png (44KB, 173x254px) Image search: [Google]
1451025722033.png
44KB, 173x254px
>>4217520
>For modern stuff she really likes Rabi-Ribi
You're raising her right, anon.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>4217643
Ok then.
>>
I wish i had a daughter to play vidya with
>>
>>4218573
cool selfie kid
>>
File: Untitled2.png (245KB, 573x383px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
245KB, 573x383px
>>4218582
>>
>>4215062
I certainly don't show her shit anime
>>
>>4218697
>shit anime
Is your order a pile of dicks?
>>
cute bum, post more :3
>>
>>4218697
Gochiusa is a masterpiece though
>>
File: 1501888169388.gif (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1501888169388.gif
10KB, 300x300px
>>4218174
>You're raising her right, anon.
Thanks, that really means a lot man.
>>
>>4215062
Basically all of N64 games I own and Shining Force 1 and 2
>>
>>4217341
>being underage
MODS
>>
>>4217341
>Gen-X
So you were born before the 80's? Get out of here Grandpa.
>>
>>4215242
>https://exhentai.org/g/1100867/5f4348429d/
Someone doesn't browse /d/ enough..
>>
File: saturn.jpg (539KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
saturn.jpg
539KB, 1536x2048px
only the best and most important games.
>>
>>4220004
lol is this kid asian
>>
Truth be told once I have kids I'm locking my systems & games - especially disc-based ones - away until they're at an age where they're capable of knowing that a peanut butter sandwich doesn't go into cartridge slot... which honestly could be as old as 12.
>>
File: steamgame.png (807KB, 1054x534px) Image search: [Google]
steamgame.png
807KB, 1054x534px
>>4217520
Is this the right game for a child, I wonder
>>
>>4222734
come on i played tomb raider when i was a child and i never noticed lara was supposed to be hot
>>
>>4215316
>letting your single digit child play any of that
You are a pathetic excuse for a parent and your son will grow up into a shitlord. You're fucking scum.
>>
I don't have any console to speak of (yet) and my 3 years old son likes to fiddle with an old smart phone anyway. But in a /vr/ related event, we sat together at my PC to watch some C64 emulation stuff.

I played some River Raid and Blue Max. No visible reaction. Then I started to play Boulder Dash II and during the third level he finally said, "this is not nice". Well I was just waiting for the ameba to fill the sand like in video related. Well maybe it's better to wait some more years I guess.

https://youtu.be/mdRWwDwbAi0?t=130
>>
>>4222734
Whew, good thing you threw those circles in there or I wouldn't have had a clue as to what you were talking about.

go on a crusade over Tinkerbell, Ariel, etc first and let us know how that went.
>>
>>4220242
yeah, I found him in the dumpster. i've been raising him as my own ever since.
>>
>>4222903
I understand Minecraft but what's wrong with the other two.
>>
I love playing quiz games I cant read and pretending I have a daughter
>>
>>4215475
As a kid I became interested in retro games because of the retronauts podcast.
Now I'm 20.
>>
>>4224629
Minecraft is the only good game listed.
And don't you start with me on minecraft.
I could go for hours about all the things I hate about minecraft. But it's a good game especially for kids because it's constructive and creative.
>>
>>4224783
You're still a kid.
>>
>>4215486
Oh so you bribe them. Disappointing.
>>
No, but I played vidya with my nieces.
They seem to actually enjoy playing older games (Neo Geo stuff) and older-style games (like Puyo Puyo Tetris and Sanic maniax) on the switch with me.
>>
>>4222734
HOLY SHIT A FLAT FAIRY SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDRUHFRLPH

But seriously Rabi Ribi is a genuine game for kids. when you turn down the difficulty that is

Conversely, kids won't be traumatized by stuff like Senran Kagura. I let my little niece play Estival Versus a bit and it was fun for her.
>>
Picked up Mega Man collection and Disney Afternoon collection to play a few old NES games with my son.

He couldn't believe how hard Mega Man 1 was.

We play a lot of modern games and board games, not much /vr/ stuff but he dabbles with the old Final Fantasy games I've got on my Vita
>>
>>4215093
1 year olds dont have the cognitive skills to play a video game
>>
>>4215154
>aunt
You meant uncle
>>
>>4215723
Fuck off Nintendo
>>
>>4224793
Fuck im 30 this year and still think im a kid
>>
>>4225218
You aren't a kid on the day when you know eating a burger at 1am leads you to wake up at 4am with heartburn so bad you throw up.
>>
If I ever have a kid he will be fairly exposed to multiple genres. Maybe really obscure shit so when he's an adult he has to live without knowing what the fuck was that game that he played when he was a small child.

In any case exposure to multiple genres just so he at least doesn't get addicted to one stupid thing like a MOBA or FPS.

>>4225279
I have a 28 year old friend that does that.
>>
>>4215062
My niece loves playing JRPGs, Zelda and Castlevania. Among other retro games.
She has a wide variety on tastes but those are her favorites.
Most of her tastes come from me and my girlfriend, who she affectionately calls "aunt".
We often play games together alongside my girlfriend and her only friend at school (my niece is a pretty lonely tomboy).

I have no child yet since I haven't proposed to my girlfriend yet let alone made a baby.
>>
>>4225410
My niece is not a daughter of a sister of mine, she is the daughter of one of my many cousins.
She's already 14 and she'll turn 15 soon.
My niece is this quirky and weird tomboy who is often a subject of attraction to guys at her school.
Her father left when she was only 10, and even when he was there for her, he was pretty distant.
She was very depressed at that time, to the point that she would often express how much she wants to attempt suicide, she was also going through puberty at that age.
Take note that she is considered really attractive by her schoolmates and she is really smart, but she keeps thinking that she's ugly because she is always being bullied and her grades were failing since her father left.

I helped her through her dark times, I taught her how to set her own course, I taught her to always have a positive view in life, always have fun and enjoy life and to help others when in need.
She looks at me like the father she never had.
Of course, my girlfriend also helped.
I also taught her many things like responsibility and maturity.
My cousin (who is her mother) keeps telling me that me and my girlfriend helped her daughter turn into a woman.
For starters, my niece was very dependent on her mother until I helped her through her depression and taught her many things.

Things may not be completely happy for her yet and she is still socially awkward but things are noticeably improving for her and her mother who tried almost everything to help her daughter.
Her mother was surprised how much more energetic, optimistic and happy her daughter is.
>>
>>4225427
ok
>>
>>4220287
Good idea anon. Just last week i had to disassemble my Wii to remove a puzzle piece from the cd slot.

My kids started playing the typical mobile games on their tablets so now when i try to get them to play a real game they act like its too hard and want to quit after about 5 minutes. I swear, mobile gaming and the whole f2p/p2w shit is cancer.

I dumped all the games off their tablet and picked up a GBA and some games at the thrift store for $10.

Together we play some retro stuff like mario kart and crusin usa as well as more modern stuff like brawlhalla and Minecraft.

Goodtimes.
>>
>>4215364
there's a touching indie-movie script here...
>>
>>4224687
... wow
>>
File: 8faP311G.jpg (12KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
8faP311G.jpg
12KB, 256x256px
>>4224805
I let them be kids for once instead of part of a regiment under their drill sergeant-like mom
And if staying up late to play video games is bribing, well
>>
>>4219961
Gen X goes up to early 80s, millennial also go down to early 80s. Generations are really bullshit. Often there are people who are on the borders who you'd be stupid to classify as either especially if they have siblings on the other side of your arbitrary borders that grew up in near identical conditions.

That being said, the millennial generations seem to have no fucking taste, especially in video games, but largely have their shit together in political, social, and environmental areas some how. They need to stay away from music and games but they're better people for the world.

>>4215062
I don't have kids, but if I did I'd play games with them, but I wouldn't buy them modern consoles.
>>
>>4215642
>Besides that maybe some high octane first person shooter to show them what adulthood games are like.
FPS games aren't adulthood games and you likely aren't playing high octane anything and if you did kiddos would quit their shit instantly.
Also Zelda isn't creative.
>>
>>4215367
This fucking guy is awful for godsakes at least wait till they are old enough to know what the fuck their doing. Shoving things down you're kids throats to make them like you is stupid
>>
>>4226647
His jap wife devorced him and took the kid because he bought too many arcade machines no joke. Although most wives don't want their husbands to have hobbies.
>>
>>4225367
Your friend is now 25 years away from watching the weather network as actual entertainment.
>>
>>4225427
Cool blog faggot. Not retro and from the sound of it neither are you.
>>
>>4224489
>>
>>4215797
>that side tit
>that long black hair
>that tiny white dress
>delicious melanin
My fucking dick. Source?
>>
>>4225427
Fucking pedo
>>
>>4227385
Karina-chan's evening nap
>>
I'm 29 and my daughter is 15. We always plan a day each week that we play spend playing the latest co-op games together. Though our last game we played together was Secret of Mana.

Yes I got a kid very early.

No it wasn't planned.
>>
>>4227329
Wow j'pensais jamais voir MARCEL BÉLIVEAU sur 4chan.
>>
>>4227560
>blogging about getting cucked as a teen
wew lad
>>
>>4227682
>forced memes outside of /v/eddit
Come on man, it's time you grew out of that shit.
>>
>>4227560
Sounds like my Japanese Anime.
>>
>>4227560
>we always plan a day each week
This poor girl getting forced to retro on visitation days.
>>
>>4227574
On ne l'a pas oublié en France, et je trouve que son visage est très... utilisable.
>>
I have a nephew. And I can see why the future is doomed.
>Playing Super Mario Galaxy
>Arrive on a stage that looks hard, immediately hands over controller to me
>"You haven't even played it, why don't you try it?"
>"It looks hard."
>"So? You've gotta try it and keep trying until you make it."
>"Ok, I'll try."
>dies once
>hands controller over to me
He's seven but for fucks sake, when I was seven I remember getting my ass handed to me when playing contra or something, at least I'd try a couple dozen times before giving it a break.
If I insist that he tries it he does, and I can see he slowly learns with his mistakes by getting further and further with each life he loses. But 4 out of 5 times, when he dies four or five times in a row, he'll either say "You do it" or "Let's play something else."
>>
>>4227560
>Yes I got a kid very early.
I was 22 when I had my son. 14 is not "very early", 14 is "you are a fucking retard".
>>
>>4229083
I'm sorry to tell you this, but your nephew is a faggot. Cease interaction immediately.
>>
>>4229083
Whoop his ass at any fighting game. Kiddo's got to man up.

>>4229110
Yet I'm sure he regrets nothing.
>>
>>4227704
>kid who gets cucked as a teen and blogs about it on 4chan lectures others on maturity
wew lad
>>
>>4225193
I only said he picked it up. He had played with Colecovision controllers as a baby so he had an interest then when I had the Flashback hooked up he figured out that pressing the buttons made stuff happen on screen.
>>
>>4229110
Wew lad
No need to be upset
>>
>>4229083
My 6 year old nephew does this too.
I wish I could just sit him down in front of Mario 3 for an afternoon so he could mess up and learn from his mistakes, but he only likes to play co-op games. Especially ones where the other player can carry the other through difficult sections, like NSMBW or Kirby Return to Dreamland.
>>
My dad showed me how to play Wolfenstein 3D in DOS when I was 5 years old.
>>
>>4215465

Come now, "Doctor" is more retro than the entire medium of video games.
>>
>>4229826
The tablet remake isn't.
>>
I don't have any kids yet and I don't plan on having them for a while still, but I'd probably play co-op games with them, and definitely some adventure games. I'd also try to get them to appreciate slow games you should play alone like Thief, maybe let them watch while I'm playing them.
Definitely would keep them from playing whatever the new incarnation of mobage crapware will be. I can see it only getting worse in the future, and the young kids I see around with giant tablets playing those terrible games disgust me immensely.
I don't know if computers will change much in the meantime, but I'd like to just leave one to them to mess up, maybe put a parental lock and see if they can get around it (like I did when I was younger, though my dad set it up out of actual concern). I learned a lot by trying to fix the stupid shit I did to my computer myself.
>>
>>4225427
Just fuck off and never return, thanks
>>
>>4229083
It sucks. An unfortunate by-product of our instant gratification mindset that's been creeping up for the past decade or so.

I remember being <10 years old and getting so frustrated with certain NES games that I would be in tears, crying out of anger, and STILL be doing my damn best just to beat the level.
>>
File: I never got raped.png (216KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
I never got raped.png
216KB, 500x484px
mfw no says "hide the salami"
>>
>>4231163
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>4227762
A surveillance camera?
>>
My daughter has always liked 1v1 fighting games. For the past few months she's played a lot of blazblue central fiction. I can't even wrap my head around that game, but this 11 year old girl is getting 10 win streaks online
>>
>>4215465
>i didn't play doctor
>so it's not retro
>>
File: somersault!7.jpg (502KB, 1015x1500px) Image search: [Google]
somersault!7.jpg
502KB, 1015x1500px
>>4233462
just like one of my japanese adult doujins
>>
>>4233462
Have you SOMERSAULTed her yet?
>>
>>4233462
Sick. Sounds like she's ready for Capcom vs. SNK 2, the most technical and varied fightan' of all time.
>>
>>4233519
Shit I've been found out
>>
>>4215316
>Plays boderlands 2
>he's 7
What the fuck, why do you let your kid play that. there's ERSB ratings for a reason ya know
>>
>>4238626
>pic related ya know
When will summer end?
>>
Yea I have a daughter in 3rd grade, and we play the Raspberry Pi constantly. Our favorite game is Street Fighter II : Rainbow Edition bootleg Version 3 Redwave. We crank up the soundbar and have a blast!!!
>>
>>4241410
Is the Raspberry Pi appealing to daughters the same way the Retron is to wives?
>>
>>4225478
why did you give them an tablet in the first place? this is a huge red flag for bad parenting, especially with the elsa/spiderman and other bullshit on youtube
>>
No kids yet, I hope they share my hobby though when I have them. My dad and I were polar opposites when it came to our leisure time, which was always a bit disheartening since it was difficult to share with each other, though we tried.

Won't matter though, if my kids are into baseball, I'll spend my free time learning how to coach them. If they want to join the scouts, I'll go camping. It's their childhood, and as long as they're doing what they enjoy, I'm perfectly happy to help them along.
>>
>>4227560
Congrats, I almost had the same around your age, but my gf lost the kid. She would be about 14 now.

My cousins had children around that age as well, also not planned, sometimes they're a little jealous since I was able to take the time and do college, but coming home to your child every day is a bigger treasure than anything else.
>>
>>4215062
I got her into doom for awhile, but she got bored of it. Wish I knew of some easy babby-mode games I could show her on my XP craptop without emulating.
>>
She likes Puyo Puyo and Busta Move

She used to play a DS PuyoPuyo game online with japs all the time. It had an english patch
>>
>>4241472
20 years ago people were saying the same thing about Gameboys and Pokemon. neck yourself, fampai.
>>
>>4242480
How good is she at the Puyo stuff?
>>
My niece doesn't really like any games besides mobile ones. My nephew is walking the same path. Maybe I'll buy him a dingoo for Christmas or something.
>>
>>4242681
gameboy didn't expose kids to fetish porn and potential dangerous situations as something funny with badly animated mickey mouse cheering

for pokemon it's arguable
>>
>>4242341
you sound like you will be a great father
>>
>>4224790
I guess if he lets them play video games like that the child will turn out to be you? That'd be horrifying.
>>
>>4243539
>the internet has furries, cp and gore
>better not let my kids use the internet until they're 18!

A good parent regulates and moderates usage of a useful medium instead of banning it altogether.
>>
I have a 6 year old and I put a controller in his hand as soon as he was able to use one. Started him off slow with Kirby's Epic Yarn and Pac-Man & The Ghostly Adventures (decent enough platformer).

Now we play all kinds of stuff, he's currently fixated on Breath of the Wild but when we game together it's usually Super Smash Bros., Kirby Return to Dreamland, or Mario Kart 8. We also 1v1 in Overwatch sometimes, but that's a lot more fun for him than it is for me.

He's developing a different taste in games than me, so I'm just gonna keep enjoying platformers and typical Nintendo couch co-op for as long as he's willing.
>>
File: 1.jpg (96KB, 404x718px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
96KB, 404x718px
What is actually happening
>>
>>4242341
You have the makings of a good father.
>>
>>4247228
3dpd woman trapped a hopeless weeb with a kid by secretly cosplaying as his favorite daki
>>
>>4224783
>>4225427
>>4242351
I just put in my NES and give them final fantasy. I won't let them have any other games until they turn sixteen.
>>
>>4243524
Handheld is the way to go nowadays. Dingoo's would be a great first choice.
>>
>>4215062
I've tried very hard to get my 7 year old daughter into games. We actually games for a few hours one night and she beat the first level of sonic 1 and 2 respectively. I've tried getting her girl games for the n3ds like fashion designer games, nintendogs, and random animal involved shovel ware. She didn't really like any of it. Then for her birthday I got her the yoshi wooly world amiibo game bundle for n3ds. She beat one level and really doesn't care to play it much. But she does play with the poochy amiibo with her other toys and always wants to listen to the wooly world soundtrack.

I tried. Maybe I'll have better luck with my newborn daughter here in a few years.
>>
>>4215465
Perhaps they are playing Dr Mario.
>>
>>4251439
Don't try so hard, anon. Give her enough exposure and she'll decide for herself when/if she's interested.
If you try to force it too much, retro gaemin' will always seem like "a weird old dad thing"
>>
>>4253006
Yeah I stopped trying to get her into games. All she cares about it swimming.
Thread posts: 171
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.