[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there an N64 emulator with a crt filter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: image~01.jpg (795KB, 1730x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image~01.jpg
795KB, 1730x1280px
Is there an N64 emulator with a crt filter?
>>
>Retroarch
>N64 Core
>Analog Shader Pack

That should do it.
>>
File: Glover (USA)-170825-142727.png (3MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Glover (USA)-170825-142727.png
3MB, 1440x1080px
>>4214929
Forgot pic.
>>
>>4214851
>n64
>emulator
lol.
>>
>>4214929
I'd love for this to work but RA is hell to set up.
>>
>>4214936
Filter name?
>>
File: N64 Emulation.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
N64 Emulation.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>N64 emulation
>>
>>4215553
In the Analog Shader Pack, this one is located in Televisions/Vintage/Old & Muddy/RF.cgp. I kind of picked it as a meme, though. I think Professional Monitors/Sony BVM/RGB.cgp looks the best. Here's a screenshot of it.
>>
>>4214851
Retroarch
>>
>>4215365
Except for the analog shader pack which I don't even know what it is (but I guess you could just place it on the shader folder created by retroarch)

The set up is obnoxiously simple. You open retroarch, you use the downloader inside it to download a core for each emulator you want to use and then you load the ROMs. There is no excuse. I had it more difficult with shit back in the day like magic engine or kawaks. Or ePSXe/PCSX2, fuck. Those don't only need an initial setup, they also have all this plugin fuckery.

I really don't understand this RetroArch is hard to use meme. It's simpler than half of the standalone emulators out there. It even automagically detects and sets up many controllers.
>>
>>4216374

The problem is that they have seperate filters, shaders, etc, and I don't know what the difference is. One might have stuff with "RGB" and another with "CRT". Am I suppose to use both at once? Some of them are accessible within the retroarch core menu, and some are accessible within the core. It's a mess
>>
>>4216381
You could just use shaders. You have plenty of options there already and all you have to do is choose presets until you find your favorite. I never use filters within the video settings menu or the core options, you don't need those at all really.
>>
>>4215562
>>4214947

GlideN64, get with the times, grandpas
>>
>>4216489
Yeah, fucking get with the times
>>
>>4216374
Setting up a controller is a pain in the ass too
>>
>>4215562
>psx game
>>
>>4217308
Amen, retroarch really needs a huge overhaul imo on the gui front to be nicely usable. I also don't know why retroarch hardly detects any of my roms for some reason so I can't use the collections function which sucks. And N64 emulation is bad compared to project 64 anyway.
It's too bad that it's the most usable pc-engine CD emulator since mednafen is fucking abysmal in usability.

I think emulators should follow the Dolphin/project 64 style GUI it's so quick and intuitive to use after initial setup which shouldn't take more than 10 minutes. Even epsxe is pretty good if it wasn't for the fact that for some reason i have to close it and restart it to change the game.

Only thing snes 9x does bad is it doesn't have good options for integer scaling. The few scaling presets it has are too small for large monitors.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.