[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dedicated arcade games thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: arcade_apex_1.jpg (316KB, 700x1326px) Image search: [Google]
arcade_apex_1.jpg
316KB, 700x1326px
Im setting up MAME and I just wanted to discuss all things arcade.
I have a pretty sizable list with all the ovbious picks like Metal Slug, the 1984 games, etc and after checking up sites like racketboy I added stuff I didnt know existed like Revenge of death adder and battletoads.

do you anons have any picks you want shill here?
>>
Hardest part is finding CHD files.
>>
Just put everything on it. If there's games you want to feature, get their marquees and/or other cabinet art
>>
>>4214349

I actually did that, the list I mentioned are the games in my favourite list I picked from the rest of the romset
>>
>>4214352
Well then, side-scrolling run n gun games like Metal Slug include classics like Rolling Thunder and Contra plus maybe Cyber-Lip, Robocop, Gunforce and Midnight Resistance although Contra is a 'tate game. Does your cabinet's monitor turn? Since you have 1944 on there? Other vertical shmups you might specifically want to look at are DoDonPachi, Exed Exes, Gigawing, Ikaruga, Raiden, etc... That's a long list.

It's hard enough to do threads about single consoles but arcade hardware is so deep and broad it really needs to be narrowed down somewhat - plus a MAME machine should probably also have console games on it why not.
>>
>>4214372

Im emulating on PC, im not setting my own cabinet, is it too much of a problem for vertical games?
>>
File: iCade.jpg (929KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
iCade.jpg
929KB, 1836x3264px
>>4214393
One of the nicest things about LCD monitors and MAME is that they're so easy to rotate
>>
>>4214280
Dungeons and Dragons games
>>
>>4214280
>a pretty sizable list
I should hope so because if you're doing anything other than downloading a yuge romset you're retarded.

>>4214525
>Egrets are birds
kek
>>
>>4214280
Iirc there's a game called baseball Batman or such, damn good 4p beatemup. Raiden series.
>>
>>4214525
>MAME
>LCD
Yuck.
>>
>>4214280
So many amazing games that are either arcade exclusive (or the best versions thereof are), but I always had trouble getting MAME to work.
>>
>>4214525
This is a joke setup
>>
>>4218094
Mame is hard as balls to get working and it's full of input lag.
>>
>>4218103
Your mom's a joke setup
>>
>>4218113
oh wow you're actually serious about that setup. You shouldn't use a trip lol
>>
>>4214525
jesus christ you are a grampa
>>
>>4218117
It's the only way I have to play video games :~((
>>
Nah seriously though it's not too terribly laggy regardless of what you may have heard about bluetooth and android. I could do FP+Shoryuken chains and wake-up Shoryukens with maybe 50% success and I only get maybe 70-80% success on my real TWW cab.
>>
File: IMG_00511[1].jpg (318KB, 896x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_00511[1].jpg
318KB, 896x1200px
iCade sticks have real arcade style components inside too. Knock-off, but easily swapped out. I don't play with mine enough to have bothered swapping but it's a fairly proper stick.
>>
>>4218126
>with maybe 50% success and I only get maybe 70-80% success on my real TWW cab.

that's enough to make me not want to play
>>
>>4218142
It's better than I can do on the PS3 version.
>>
>>4218117
>oh wait you're serious let me laugh even harder
He's a sad sick fuck. And not just because of the rape dungeon.
>>
File: 1483825104334[2].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1483825104334[2].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>4218269
<3 you too, secret admirer here's another pic of me for your folder ^.^
>>
>>4218269
forgot your trip
>>
>>4218112
You must be doing it wrong. Using a Pi for MAME is a meme. People don't do that real, they do it because they can. Nobody who is serious would do that.

That said, it doesn't take a super fast computer, either. Something like a 3.0 Core2Duo or an i3, and you're golden.

I use a J-Pac and have zero lag whatsoever.
>>
>>4214280
I'll try my best to give some good recommendations, with reasoning too.

Gonbe no I'm Sorry: A Pac-man esque maze game by Sega made solely to mock the late prime minister Kakuei Tanaka over a money scandal. Enemies in this game are also all parodies of either famous Japanese figures in the 80s, or Michael Jackson and Madonna. Players must collect all gold from various areas in the stage, and can punch and jump to attack most enemies.

SonSon: An action/shooter game by Capcom based loosely on the journey to the west. Players play as sonson, the monkey (or tonton the pig for the 2nd player) and can move up and down between 8 stretches of land/levels of height. Enemies can be destroyed in groups to rack up more points and hidden items appear often.

Youkai Douchuuki: An action/platformer by namco. In this game, players take control of tarosuke, a boy who has been sent to jigoku (Japanese concept of hell) and must find a way out. the game, while mostly linear, has some branching options that will affect gameplay when it comes to story. The game has five endings depending on how well the player adheres to certain criteria, some of which tying into the game's Buddhist undertones. An English ROM of the arcade version exists.
>>
Whats the best place to get MAME ROM's? It's been so long since I've tried to emulate anything that I can't remember where I used to get ROM's from.
>>
>>4218917

H8 /vr/ if you dare
>>
>find out biggest game in MAME is Cube Quest at over 20GB
>decide I have to play it
>it's mid 2000s
>ultra shit internet with an extremely low data cap
>torrents have no seeds
>never heard of usenet
>all file hosts have ridiculous crippling download limits
>spend months downloading it piece by piece
>finally have it
>runs at like quarter speed on my toaster PC

Th..thanks MAME.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.