[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to buy a new snes reset switch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: DSCF5872.jpg (234KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF5872.jpg
234KB, 800x600px
bought a snes on ebay and somehow they broke the reset switch so it stayed a black screen until i rip the metal part out of it.
>>
>>4213847
Does the reset button do anything that a power cycle does not? I think you'd be better off just removing the button.
>>
>>4215831
I did but I would still like to replace it tho.
>>
>>4213847
Probably not. You could have probably fixed it if you hadn't fucked it up more and you can find parts you can adapt to work. Delete this waste of space thread and post your question in the correct (mod/repair) thread and maybe you'll get some help.
>>
>>4213847
That's an Alps keyswitch. I feel a new Matias switch or any other Alps switch desoldered from a old keyboard would be electrically compatible.
>>
You could just buy an entire dead snes board. Those are cheap as fuck, and 99% of them have the reset button working because they usually are trashed for any other reason than that.
>>
If you want it to look completely stock you have to track down the exact make of the switch and keep in mind mechanical switches can be fairly expensive. You can use just about any switch you have if you can make the keycap reach the switch.
>>
Fuck, I just threw away a dead SNES 2 weeks ago. I would have given it to you. :(
>>
>>4215887
Unless the reset switch snuggly fits onto it and doesn't just press down, he could probably use Cherry MX or basically any mechanical key switch.
>>
>>4216619
Collectorfag here. Thanks for being a dumb fuck. If we had a few million more tards like you my collection would be worth what I believe it should be.
>>
File: and nothing of value was lost.jpg (18KB, 292x173px) Image search: [Google]
and nothing of value was lost.jpg
18KB, 292x173px
>>4217629
Dude, it was a fucking wreck. The case was busted to fucking pieces and the PPU was shot. I put it on eBay for $10 to see if anyone wanted it, and not even a "watcher" in the 2 weeks it was up there, so into the garbage it went.
>>
>>4217681
>i can't fix shit so i throw it away
Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart for driving up the price of my 6 CIB SNESs by a millionth of a percent.
>>
>>4217802
How the fuck do you fix a case that's in pieces? Like, literally busted into shards.

Also, show me one motherfucker on this planet that can fix a faulty SNES PPU.
>>
>>4217813
>doubles down on stupid
Thanks again kiddo
>>
>>4217813
http://projectvb.com/nss/logs.htm
You can get one from another faulty SNES with a different grilled chip and make 1 good console out of 2 bad ones.
Ain't even that hard if you have a hot air station.
>>
>>4217802
Should have bought it when he put it up for two weeks if you care that much.
>>
>>4218116
When the case is in shambles, what's the point?
>>
>>4218141
>post
>your head
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.