[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought this game on steam (which was my first mistake) a while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 645507-xwing.jpg (40KB, 518x640px) Image search: [Google]
645507-xwing.jpg
40KB, 518x640px
Bought this game on steam (which was my first mistake) a while back and have been trying off and on again to get a good control scheme with a controller (too poor to afford a flight stick, but I might in the future).

So I spent way to long trying to find a good control scheme using joy2key only to find that the game doesnt let you unmap "fire" or "roll" which kind of screws things up. Does anyone know of a fix?
>>
File: PS4 Xwing Layout.png (123KB, 1000x640px) Image search: [Google]
PS4 Xwing Layout.png
123KB, 1000x640px
Pic related, its my layout Im trying to use. I wouldnt mind just swapping roll and fire, but the fact that Im using the control modifier means when I try to change weapon or fire settings, the game tries to fire or roll, respectively. I could remap those two, but I like the orientation and was hoping for a fix thats intuitive to the scheme, like a mod or just changing some config file
>>
>>4213135
Get flight stick, honestly. You can play this with a 360 or xboxone controller relatively well. No joy2key necessary.

I use a logitech 3d pro. it's $40 american but is a good balance between cheap and effectiveness/utility.
>>
How are you able to calibrate the joysticks without corners? Otherwise get a cheap CH Flightstick and a Gameport-USB adapteror a Joystick with corners and use the keyboard for commands.
>>
>>4213147
That's the plan when I get money. I'd like to save up for a nice one though, since I bought a cheap fighting game stick a few years ago and felt the need to upgrade it almost immediately, essentially wasting 50 bucks, though this probably isn't a situation like that so I'll look into it probably
>>
>>4213135

Lets hope they make a full remake of Tie fighter Vs X-Wing as a spin off for all the flight sim nerds as there is a load of space battles they do along with a full camping would BTFO wing commander out of life.
>>
File: 41oMu00v4YL._SX300_.jpg (12KB, 300x266px) Image search: [Google]
41oMu00v4YL._SX300_.jpg
12KB, 300x266px
>>4213186
well, just know this game doesn't support HOTAS so if you were wanting that warthog simstick or something similar it would be a waste, at least for this game. Depending on how deep into the flightsim rabbit hole you wanna go the 3D pro is a good stick for basic needs even at the <$100 price range. The only criticism I have of it is the twisting motion that is made to simulate petal controls (which x-wing and tie-fighter also doesn't support) is kind of wonky when trying to use while maneuvering in other flightsims.
>>
>>4213135
>too poor to afford a flight stick
Then don't bother trying to play it. Either use a joystick or don't play it at all.
>>
>>4213135
old gameport joysticks are pretty cheap.
>>
File: pr075release_huey01.1.jpg (391KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pr075release_huey01.1.jpg
391KB, 1024x768px
>>4213340
I'm going to buy this so I can play PR and finally fly the fucking choppers like a boss.
>>
>>4213135
Old games like this are not meant to be playable with a gamepad alone. You're supposed to use a joystick AND the keyboard. You only need the two to four face buttons bound, whatever the game itself allows. Learn to use the keyboard for extended functions, it's how the game works.
>>
any reason you're just not using the mouse and keyboard?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.