[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Game breaking characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: Haborym1.gif (774B, 32x49px) Image search: [Google]
Haborym1.gif
774B, 32x49px
I will start with Haborym from Tactics Ogre.

>has the highest DEX stat in the game
>because of his high DEX stat, his spells are way more effective than other casters
>most of the time will petrify more than half of the enemies on the map if you Charge him at the start of the battle
>give him the Fudo skill (damages target based on user's DEX) and he will kill the final boss in 2 hits of Fudo
>>
>>4213112
Because every fight in the game has you start so far away from the enemy however, he's still not better than any character raised as a Ninja or an Archer with a crossbow who can just aim outside of the displayed ranged and kite everything to death.

In fact, if you don't already have a bunch of ninjas/archers with crossbows/shortbows, good fucking luck ever saving that asshole in the first place.

The most broken character in TO is actually Canopus who can basically solo the game by flying around and throwing rocks (this is almost actually not an exaggeration).
>>
how about anyone with a bow?
>>
>>4213126
Don't Crossbows lack the ability to shoot outside of the target area? I thought that was the main advantage bows/shortbows had over crossbows, since crossbows are so much lighter.

And yeah if you give Canopus a bow he's a very OP character in the early game, I prefer to keep him with a spear for that reason. By the time he learns the ranged magic that hawkmen learn his stats seem to balance out a bit, and by the mid game he doesn't seem that much stronger than the generic characters.
>>
Arycelle just by being an archer is more gamebreaking than Haborym
>>
File: Orlandu.jpg (530KB, 860x1648px) Image search: [Google]
Orlandu.jpg
530KB, 860x1648px
TG Cid. Balthier in the PSP port is pretty broken too.

I would say Cloud, but he needs work when you first get him. Cid is stronk the instant you get him.
>>
File: 12.nagisa.jpg (64KB, 590x800px) Image search: [Google]
12.nagisa.jpg
64KB, 590x800px
>bringing a gun to a fistfight
>>
Citan
A party without him is a gimped one
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.