[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SNES/NES/GBA Reccomendation Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

I work on a cruise ship where I can only bring my phone for gaming. I'm heading back soon and want to emulate some great games.

Mainly so far I emulate GBA games (pic related), but I really want the best recommendations you guys have

I have a Galaxy S8+ so if you think of any mobile games or other systems I should emulate post those too.
>>
>>4211046
Angry birds
>>
>>4211046
>www.google.com
>"best SNES games"
>"best NES games"
>"best GBA games"
Also, GBA isn't allowed here.
>>
>>4211046
>GBA
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
NOT RETRO
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>4211046
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Boy_Advance
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Boy
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/NES
>>
File: 1503450231534.jpg (90KB, 957x621px) Image search: [Google]
1503450231534.jpg
90KB, 957x621px
>>4211053
>Comparing /vr/ reccomendations to reading buzzfeed articles about best retro games

oh.
>>
>>4211046
Fuck off.
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>4211067
>/vr/ recommendations
>muh echo chamber approved games
Neck yourself, kiddo.
>>
>>4211067
I recommend you kill yourself.
>>
>>4211046
Why limit yourself to SNES/NES/GBA? The Genesis has some hidden gems.

I'm currently playing Crusader of Centy right now based on a thread here some time ago and it's a pretty fun game with awesome music. If you're a Zelda fan you'll no doubt like it.

Terranigma, Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia as well.
>>
>>4211129
Fuck Sega.
>>
>>4211130
More like fuck Nintendo. From the draconian policies they had back when they were a monopoly to culling fangames and limiting supply with the NES/SNES classic for publicity's sake. Nintendo is a very unfriendly company hiding behind friendly mascots.

I know, """it's a business""", but I'm too autistic to ignore "bad" business practices that are out in the open. At least the Switch is cool and they're actually trying to differentiate their consoles from the static PC build UXHD4KVR spec war Sony and Microsoft is making them to be.
>>
DID YOU KNOW that super mario brothers 2 was known as Dopey Donkey Picnic in Japan ???
>>
>>4211157
At least Nintendo still makes games. Fuck Sega.
>>
>>4211172
You just reminded me that there is still no Space Channel 5 Part 3. You're right. Fuck Sega.
>>
>>4211173
Or OutRun 3.
>>
>>4211046
S8+ should run Dreamcast and PSX why not look into those also.
>>
>>4211046
>Galaxy S8+
I had one of the nes30 pro controllers. It worked great with my phone.

I have an older model than you, but I had luck with snes/sega/gba (Only used gba for Final Fantasy) emulators. I had the cradle to hold the phone with the controller....I got it for a job that I was doing, but we got done early....I was figuring on 80+ hours of gameplay paid, but only managed 18.

It worked great. It sucks that you can't take a "system". What about one of them mini lcd and a system? Id really be trying to smuggle a pi retro and screen at the minimum.
>>
Use RetroArch with a controller instead of buying probably the same codebase.
>>
You do realize that you can stick the entire nes\snes\gb\gbc\genesis\sms\gba in one micro sd card, right? Why pick when you can have it all?
>>
>>4211303
because 90% of the libraries are shit
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-24-00-41-05.png (611KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-24-00-41-05.png
611KB, 1440x2560px
Pic related is what I've been using for the past two years, also snes9x+ not pictured. Screen controls kinda suck, so using a gamepad would be advised. I used to link a PS3 controller with Bluetooth with my rooted nexus 5, but now I have a g5 and I'm using a mad catz lynx 3 gamepad. There's more comfortable gamepads out there though.
>>
>>4211046
If you've never played the Dragon Quest games, the mobile ports of the earlier games are pretty great.
>>
File: 1503380207357.gif (377KB, 322x725px) Image search: [Google]
1503380207357.gif
377KB, 322x725px
Not retro as fuck but download the DS emulator and blast all those adventure-puzzle-rpgs

I bought it for 5 dollars a couple weeks ago and haven't had this much fun in years. Ace Attorney, SRW OG Saga, Prof Layton, 999, DQ. Holy fuck. Am even considering on buying a 3DS so at least I can play the action ones
>>
>>4211046
Fuck off to /wsg/.
>I work on a cruise ship
I hope you get raped by buttpirates.
And fuck those shitty "minimal" wallpapers as well.
>>
Discussing GBA is violating /vr/-rules.
>>
>>4211046
>I have a Galaxy S8+
consider N64 emulation.
>>
>>4211046
super mario bros
>>
>>4211046
>GBA
no
>>
>>4211173
Out of all the games Sega stopped making, you want this. Fuck you.
>>
>>4211067
>>4211076
>>4211068

Yeah i really want millennial hipster dave with his corduroy capris and oiled beard reccomending me his top 5 of the 5 retro games he has played since it became fashionable a week ago amongst his latte drinking, circle jerking friends.

I used google to find something that might help some of you.
https://www.reddit.com/r/socialskills/comments/1w8ydr/how_can_i_stop_being_an_asshole/
>>
>>4211046
>NES
Summer Carnival '92 - Recca
Crisis Force
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Mega Man
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 4
Mega Man 5
Mega Man 6
Castlevania
Castlevania III
Crystalis
Contra
Super C
Gradius
Gradius II
The Adventures of Lolo
The Adventures of Lolo 2
The Adventures of Lolo 3
Tecmo Super Bowl
River City Ransom
Super Dodge Ball
Magic Darts
Mini Putt
Vegas Dream

>SNES
Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
Contra III
Gradius III
The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past
Illusion of Gaia
Soul Blazer
Terranigma
Wild Guns
Super Smash T.V.
Battle Pinball
Super Pinball
Super Pinball II
Super Bomberman
Super Bomberman 2
Super Bomberman 3
Super Bomberman 4
Super Bomberman 5
Cybernator
Side Pocket
Space Megaforce
Super Castlevania IV
Clock Tower (YOU'LL NEED A TRANSLATED VERSION OF THE ROM, BUT IT'S WORTH IT)

>GBA
Double Dragon Advance
Pinball of the Dead
Doom
Doom II
Wolfenstein 3-D
Duke Nukem Advance
>>
>>4214228
>GBA
are you limiting your choices to /vr/ approved games? you should know those FPS games run like dogshit.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.