[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amiga thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 6

File: Amiga500.jpg (8KB, 353x143px) Image search: [Google]
Amiga500.jpg
8KB, 353x143px
ITT: we appreciate the Commodore Amiga.

Remember, only Amiga makes it possible
>>
>>4210752
>over 12 hours later
>nothing
ahahah nobody appreciates that piece of shit
>>
I think you an I were probably the only ones here old enough to have play this thing. I remember being about 4 or 5 at the time, my dad showing me how to play Dungeon Master and Frontier Elite II. I still have the system somewhere up in my attic. What were some of the games you played?
>>
/vr/ hates the amiga for having mediocre platformers but loves fucking commander keen
>>
I like the Amiga for music making and the demo scene, but not a big fan of its game library.
>>
File: 013.gif (83KB, 1984x1168px) Image search: [Google]
013.gif
83KB, 1984x1168px
>>4212153
CK gets shit on for having bad level design though.
>>
>>4212160
Aren't these blocks on the bottom straight up ripped from SMB3's fortress levels?
>>
The only ones worth a fuck today are the ones with the PowerPC's in them. Pretty much the 1200, 3000, and 4000, and even the 1200 is iffy at best.

If you're running a 4000T with a 233MHz Cyberstorm PPC and 128 megs of ram, you've got something. Other than that, pfft. Use an emulator.
>>
>>4212169
idiot
>>
>>4212157
yeah, most of the games had amazing presentation but often were not quite there in terms of gameplay

That's understandable though, if you jump from C64 or ZX Spectrum where every single byte matters into a real powerhouse that was Amiga, you'd also go crazy making graphics and soundtracks before figuring out how to use all that memory for gameplay
>>
>>4212160
I'm pretty sure everyone loves Commander Keen for it's second trillogy
The first games are horribly outdated because it was the first of it's kind on IBM PC - just like how everyone remembers Wolfenstein 3D or Catacomb Abyss instead of Hovercraft 3D
>>
I loved my A1200 and had a lot of games that are still in my favourites. I go back to them every now and then, but I still play Sensible Soccer a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS35qazA2PQ
>>
>>4212160
How exactly is this bad level design?
I am making my own game and want to avoid bad design.
>>
>>4212169
>Not an 600 with a Vampire
I agree with >>4212186
>>
>>4212169
>Other than that, pfft. Use an emulator.
FS-UAE being the best emulator there is, still have lots of issues and performance problems that even an unexpanded Amiga 500 dosen't have.

Your post makes no sense.
>>
Question:

If I buy an NTSC Amiga from my local retro shop, will it be able to play all of its European games in the correct speed on an NTSC CRTV?

This question is also asked for other microcomputers like C64 and Spectrum.
>>
>>4212420
All? No. Same for C64.
For Amiga, buy a PAL machine and use a RGB monitor or VGA scandoubler.

There are no NTSC Spectrums, only Timex Sinclair that are Spectrum compatible.
Spectrum requires PAL.
>>
>>4212445
There's a Timex Sinclair in dark corner on my neighborhood retro shop, untouched by normies who only buy Nintendo gear.

If I buy it will I be able to play all of its European games in the correct speed on an NTSC CRTV?
Or do I need to hook it up with RGB to a PVM or use a VGA scandoubler and PC CRT monitor?
>>
>>4212474
>If I buy it will I be able to play all of its European games in the correct speed on an NTSC CRTV?
No, it's about the frequency what the machine outputs, not the tv. Besides, those Timex things are only 48k, you'd miss out on all the 128k games. I'd still buy the Timex one if you can get a good price.
>>
>>4212487
The 48k Spectrums are the ones with the dogshit audio that sounds worse than IBM PC speaker bloops, right?

Are you saying that even if I use RGB out with a compatible display, I won't be able to play European games on my NTSC Amiga/C64/Speccy/CPC?
>>
>>4212587

I played PAL games on my US Amiga. I had to adjust my 1084 monitor so it didn't cut off the bottom scanlines, but that was about it.
They might have been running faster than on a PAL machine, I don't know, but I still beat Superfrog so whatever. (I know Commando ran faster on my C64 because it was PAL on an NTSC machine. It just made the music even better.)
>>
>>4212625
See
>>4212445
You won't be able to play some at all, some with glitches or speed issues, very rarely a game works perfectly.
>>
>>4212474
>>4212587
Spectrum and C64 have nothing to do with RGB or scandoublers. That was about the Amiga and a easier way to use a PAL Amiga in a NTSC region.

Timex Sinclair will have issues. C64 will have issues.That's only for playing PAL games.
Buy a PAL machine if you want to play PAL games and use the appropriate gear to get them running, power adapter, etc.

Only 6128 CPC's where NTSC. Finding one would be way harder then a PAL one and you'd still be limited what games you could play.

You already got your answer several times, how dumb can people be?
>>
>>4213058

And I'm saying I played a ton of PAL games on my NTSC Amiga back in the day. Sometimes they ran a little fast, but it wasn't a big deal. I generally had to adjust my monitor and go.
>>
>>4212132
I was 16 when I got my first Amiga.

>>4212169
>I can count to potato
Of course you can
>>
Good memories playing stuff like Theme Park and the wealth of football games on my friend's 500. I was Nintendo back then but bought an Amiga myself later on when I was about 16. The Amiga had some of the best games of the time.
>>
>>4210752
Amiga computers will always have a very special place in my heart. 20 years on and these machines still impress me immensely. Still some times hook up my amiga cd32 with the sx01 add-on at Christmas and play ports/demos of 1200 games. I will never truly own a 1200 and I'm fine with that. thinking back, these machines where my childhood. It's like a happy place I go to when life throws me a curve ball. No need to think about networks, politics or my job. Some times its nice to just hit the count down button and watch all those green haired wee guys explode.
>>
>>4212587
>The 48k Spectrums are the ones with the dogshit audio that sounds worse than IBM PC speaker bloops, right?
I don't think they sound worse than the other Spectrums, but I'd say you need a 128k Spectrum to really get the most out of it.
>>
>>4212161
the commander keen tech demo was an attempt to port SMB3 to PC
>>
>>4212351
>FS-UAE being the best emulator there is
WinUAE is much better.
>>
>>4214048
WinUAE supports wider configuration. FS-UAE has better game compatibility. Some games are unable to run at top speed under WinUAE.
>>
>>4212107
So sad, nobody cares about OPs meme platform
>>
>>4214048

If only it was cross-platform.
>>
I didn't own one back then and I didn't especially want one because I was content with C64 and this crappy XT PC. But now, I wish I had history with it, buying one now simply wouldn't be the same.
>>
>>4215028
Why not? I never owned one as a kid/teenager but I've been into them for several years now and own quite a few.
>>
>>4210752

I have:

A500 standard
A500+ standard
A600 2meg and gotek
A1200 1230 blizzy 32meg 50mhz
2 x CD32 standard
A4000 3640, cybervision 64, birgramplus 256meg, xsurf 100 ethernet.

I appreciate Amiga.
>>
>>4214115
>FS-UAE has better game compatibility
Rubbish.
>>
>>4215301

I don't know, overall situation just don't let me have anything like that right now
>>
>>4215873
Do this.
Download Agony and WinUAE and FS-UAE.
Now try them both. You will quickly notice that WinUAE has shuttering sound and runs slightly slower while FS-UAE works perfectly, and no, no matter your settings, it won't help with WinUAE.

Why are you defending a emulator so much? They are all based on UAE.
This smells like a thickheaded teenagers fanboism.
>>
why don't mods just delete these threads? they are slow and just take up board space
>>
>>4216940
>they are slow and just take up board space

Well, so are you, and yet here you are.
>>
I really want an Amiga since they seem cool as hell, but I can't find one in non-garbage condition for less than £100, and much more to get a good one like a 1200. I've never seen one in the wild.
>>
>>4216978
>I really want X because Z say X is Y
Yeah sure, once you got one, you won't know shit to do with it and probably fuck something up and then post here how much they suck because you're too stupid to use one.

You won't find one under 100€ / $100 / £100, specially a 1200.
If you're going to cheap out there's not much of a point at all, those machines require lot of investments these days.
Even the bare minimum A500 with a chipRAM expansion and GOTEK is going to cost a few hundred bucks.
>>
>>4217256
>Yeah sure, once you got one, you won't know shit to do with it and probably fuck something up and then post here how much they suck because you're too stupid to use one.

>Anybody who didn't buy an Amiga in 1991 is too stupid to use one

Good one. I find old home computers really interesting because of how different they all are from each other, but the Amiga seems to be one of the more expensive old home computers that I'm interested in. Besides playing games, if I had one I'd probably write software for it, just for the hell of it.
>>
>>4217256
>>4217383

It's also no surprise that Amiga threads are pretty much dead on here when you pretty tell people who are interested in it to fuck off.
>>
>>4217383
>>4217406
>Good one. I find old home computers really interesting because of how different they all are from each other, but the Amiga seems to be one of the more expensive old home computers that I'm interested in. Besides playing games, if I had one I'd probably write software for it, just for the hell of it.
You don't make posts like "hurr over 100 pounds is too expensive" if you're actually interested.

>Anybody who didn't buy an Amiga in 1991 is too stupid to use one
Never said that, why do you try to make me look like a bad guy if you cheap out and people mock you for it?
>>
>>4216465
>Why are you defending a emulator so much?
Why are you defending FSUAE so much? This smells like a thickheaded teenagers fanboism :^)
>>
>>4217598
Firstly, somebody's interest in something isn't defined by how much money they have. £100 isn't a lot of money for me (but it's far higher than anything else /vr/ that I've been interested in), but are poorfags not allowed to be interested in something?

I didn't actually say that £100 is "too expensive" for me, but it's certainly a shit ton more than most /vr/ hardware, and only a couple years ago people would be banging on about how cheap Amigas were, so I've been looking around for one for years now, trying to find a bargain.

Eventually I'll probably suck it up and buy one, but its hard to justify spending such an amount of money on an old computer.
>>
File: 1491358198781.png (7KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491358198781.png
7KB, 640x400px
I used to spend hours on this.
>>
>>4212420
>>4212445
>>4212487
AFAIK software PAL/NTSC switching was a thing since the release of I don't remmember which Amiga 2000/500 revisions.
>>4217256
>You won't find one under 100€ / $100 / £100, specially a 1200.
Actually you can but thanks to today's artificially jacked up prices it's harder than 3 years ago.
>>4217598
>You don't make posts like "hurr over 100 pounds is too expensive" if you're actually interested.
You can 'cause for a 500 or a 1200 it IS too expensive, unless they're selling other shit with it.

>>4212157
Agreed. There are some nice games, but they're not the main appeal of the machine.
>>
>>4218535
>Actually you can but thanks to today's artificially jacked up prices it's harder than 3 years ago.
it's not artificial if there literary aren't any on the market anymore
everything is almost already owned by people who care about the machines and not normies who don't

>You can 'cause for a 500 or a 1200 it IS too expensive, unless they're selling other shit with it.
modern expansions are expensive too, too poor? then stop bitching
>>
>>4217601
Because you recommended an emulator on a /vr/ board that for games, FS-UAE is better for games.

That's the opposite of fanboyism, you use the right tool for the job and not only one because you only like that one.
>>
>>4216940
cry more
6th gen will never be retro, you're stuck with /v/
>>
>>4218668
>it's not artificial if there literary aren't any on the market anymore
The used-computer market is full of them, sold by people digging them out of the basement, that nowadays think they can make big bucks out of them. But then again it's no use to argue seriously with you, there's no way someont who isn't shitposting would post some shit like
>modern expansions are expensive too, too poor? then stop bitching
because otherwise you'd have to be really retarded to compare million-unit selling low-end Amiga models that sat in a basement for 20 years taking dust and suffering from the humidity then resold as is for a hundred bucks with brand-new, freshly made accelerator boards and produced in low quantity.
>>
>>4218824
Why did you sage?

When you open up any online sites where you can find them 90% of them are sold by people who know their shit and not random plebs who found them in their basement.

Also, obviously NIB units and units with boxes will go for more.
>>
>>4218860
>When you open up any online sites where you can find them 90% of them are sold by people who know their shit
If by "guys who know their shit" you mean greedy reseller then yeah, there are quite a few, but they don't represent the majority of the sellers, at least here they don't. Also, no, they don't know their shit, copy pasting shit from wikipedia isn't "knowing their shit". They only clean the unit a little and sell them as is. Sometimes without the workbench floppy or even the mouse, for the triple of the prices of three years ago. Not even a recap could justify selling an Amiga 500 or 1200 as is at the price at which an Amiga 2000 could go a few years ago or even a MegaST 4 + Unitor + Notator SL + MegaFile 30 nowadays. Amigas aren't rare at all, they're really common for old computers, and people who know their shit (without the quotes) know that their amiga hardware won't sell if they're selling 30 year old hardware at full price. I knew someone who was eager to sell his Amiga 2000 + 68030 accel board + SCSI controller for 130€, and on a local Amiga forum there was a thread were we mocked people selling their Amiga 500 for more than 100€. No what we have right now is just inflated prices from resellers who want nothing but a big juicy margin from a piece of hardware they bought at a flea market early in the morning.

>Why did you sage?
The thread started as a "muh amurricans" piece of shit, it could have gone better but now it's really unlikely. I love the amiga, but amiga threads on /vr/ just plain sucks.
>>
>>4219121
>The thread started as a "muh amurricans" piece of shit
???
>>
>>4219121
>If by "guys who know their shit" you mean greedy reseller then yeah
No, most are people who actually are Amiga faggots, it's very rare you find clueless normies with basements finds or greedy resellers.

>Amigas aren't rare at all, they're really common for old computers, and people who know their shit (without the quotes) know that their amiga hardware won't sell if they're selling 30 year old hardware at full price.
It's not rarity that does it. Why the fuck should someone sell their Amiga for 100 bucks just because some faggot bitches? Also yes, they do, go look at forums, 900€ Amiga 1200 with a Blizzard and scandoubler? Gone in days.
No, I'm talking real Amiga people, someone who has dozens of Amigas, works actively on modern projects and has been active in the community for decades? Guess what, go to any forum, even for their unexpanded Amiga 1200, they will want 400 bucks, because they don't want to clueless faggot to own it, but someone whos ready to go out for it, so they know the person might actually care.

>I knew someone who was eager to sell his Amiga 2000 + 68030 accel board + SCSI controller for 130€
I donate hardware that goes easily on eBay for several hundreds easily for free to museums. I still wouldn't give it away for free to anyone, I'd want some symbolic money.
Your point?

>and on a local Amiga forum there was a thread were we mocked people selling their Amiga 500 for more than 100€.
Why? Because the NEET guys in their early 20's don't want to go out for a cult computer? That's the point why the prices are so high, so you wouldn't try to.

I'm not an Amigafag by any measure, I own several and been in the community for decades, but I couldn't give more of a fuck what goes down with you guys.

Why are you bitching at inflated prices? Retro computing is in the hands of those who deal with it, it's your own community that does the prices, not even resellers. Resellers wouldn't raise the prices if people wouldn't buy.
>>
Someone told me you could take Mac OS 8 and put it on a PPC Amiga. Is this true?
>>
>>4219747

Yes. I used to know a dude on FIDOnet who did professional work on Macs, and his secret was that he was actually using Amigas with a program called Shapeshifter that let you install MacOS on an Amiga.
Thanks to the Amiga's hardware offloading a lot of the work for graphics, disk access and other stuff, he said his software ran significantly faster than on a Mac with the same CPU/mhz, which let him get his work in faster than other guys could.
>>
>>4219747
You can put it even on a 68k Amiga.
The fastest Macintosh is a 68k Amiga, that's a true joke from the 90's already.

>>4219761 Is right, it will be way faster than an actual Macintosh with the same CPU.
>>
>>4219630
this
most amiga fags are in their late 30's to early 50's, they make six figure salaries, obviously they won't cheap out of their hobby and put proper prices onto their shit
>>
>>4212157
really extremely very much this
Octamed and AHX are the shit.

>>4213373
>I don't think they sound worse than the other Spectrums
nah, 48k speccy only has the 1-bit CPU driven beeper, 128k has an actual 3-channel AY (or is it the YM? always get that shit mixed up, they're functionally the same anyway) soundchip

if you've got games in 128k format, they sounds worlds above anything in 48k format just because of the not awful sound

>>4219785
Man, I have no idea how Apple succeeded where Commodore didn't.
maybe it's the UI, because I hate the Amiga's UI so much (not the look, but more the feel, like rightclick top-menus and file management in Workbench), while the Mac UI has been ridiculously usable right from the absolute first version

but seriously, the Amiga hardware might have been aging and stagnant, but the Macintosh hardware was still fucking awful until the PPC days (and that's by pure virtue of the now very fast CPU handling fuck-everything, and it still took a while before it really got good because of the sheer amount of 68k code in System 7 being emulated still slowing things down)

>>4219747
running MacOS 8 on 68k kind of really sucks and you might as well just run System 7.5.5, which will run basically all 68k compatible software and be faster and have less issues overall (although it will look loads nicer, Platinum is the sexiest looking UI of all)

but you can do it, see http://shapeshifter.cebix.net/
IIRC, there's no PPC-era Mac emulator for Amiga, you emulate 68k Macs only.
>>
>>4219613
Oops, it was the previous thread that started this way.
>>4219630
>it's very rare you find clueless normies with basements finds or greedy resellers.
Not here, the latters are the one driving the prices up.
>It's not rarity that does it
Then why does they invoke rarity in their ads?
>Why the fuck should someone sell their Amiga for 100 bucks just because some faggot bitches?
Maybe because not all amiga models are worth 100€?
>go look at forums,
Amibay? Known for inflated prices for years already.
>900€ Amiga 1200 with a Blizzard and scandoubler?
Useful idiots. You can have an expanded Amiga 4000 for that price from other amiga fellows needing some space.
>Y-Your point?
Amigafags are willing to sell their shit at really lower prices or even willing to give away their shit for free to other amiga people.
>Why? Because the NEET guys in their early 20's don't want to go out for a cult computer?
But it's the NEET guys in their early 20's who usually defend those prices. This forum was mostly populated by people in their 40s.
>I'm not an Amigafag by any measure
Well it's pretty obvious if you're making such statements.
>Resellers wouldn't raise the prices if people wouldn't buy.
Except they do and they alway did. Now there are Amiga ads sitting forever with no one buying them, except a few useful idiots not knowing the value of such computers.
Then maybe the foreign amiga communities are more about financial dick waving than actually using the damn computer itself, like to the neo geo AES community.
>>
>>4220293
Is that your argument? I don't see any in it though, just bitching at "muh inflated prices" on something that has no retail price anymore and saying "Amiga guys do" while they obviously don't.
>>
File: mwb_preview.gif (51KB, 614x456px) Image search: [Google]
mwb_preview.gif
51KB, 614x456px
>>4219970
>(not the look, but more the feel, like rightclick top-menus and file management in Workbench), while the Mac UI has been ridiculously usable right from the absolute first version
Apple did it the same way....
>>
>>4220293
>Then maybe the foreign amiga communities are more about financial dick waving than actually using the damn computer itself, like to the neo geo AES community.
>people who have more money than me are automatically dickwaveing
where the fuck are you even from and where the fuck do you think amiga communities are? all of them share the same sites for the most part, people usually fly thousands of kilometers for gatherings and shit, this isn't 1994
>>
>>4220973
Im not the other anon btw
>>
>>4220984
Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
>>4219747
I'm playing the MacOS version of "The Incredible Machine" all the time on my A600.
>>
>>4220954
>something that has no retail price anymore
Actually until recently there was, you could buy a brand new Amiga 1200 for 100 £ from Amiga kit's new-old stocks.
>Is that your argument?
Is
>Y-you're just bitching cause you're too poor!
yours?
>>4220973
>>people who have more money than me are automatically dickwaveing
No. But people calling others poor for not being willing to pay 400€ for a used Amiga 1200 are.
>where the fuck do you think amiga communities are?
The US, Germany, the UK and France.
>all of them share the same sites for the most part
Pretty sure they share one or two websites per nationality and that's it.
>>
>>4221060
>Actually until recently there was, you could buy a brand new Amiga 1200 for 100 £ from Amiga kit's new-old stocks.
You mean 150£, I bought one. But now you can't, so what are you going to do? Bitch when people sell them at double that price?
>>
>>4221060
>Y-you're just bitching cause you're too poor!
Never said that, why are you pulling shit out of your arse? Making up arguments for the sake of it? You're the one who's bitching about prices, I don't even have to say something like that for everyone to think that.
>>
File: 1502469740465.png (84KB, 500x470px) Image search: [Google]
1502469740465.png
84KB, 500x470px
>>4221060
>The US, Germany, the UK and France.
even Finland has a bigger community than France
don't try to answer questions you don't know shit about
>>
>>4221245
>But now you can't, so what are you going to do? Bitch when people sell them at double that price?
No, just wait for a cheaper one to pop, because those actually still appear. I'll leave the overpriced shit to idiots who actually think they're worth that much.
>>
>>4221256
See >>4218668
>>You can 'cause for a 500 or a 1200 it IS too expensive, unless they're selling other shit with it.
>modern expansions are expensive too, too poor? then stop bitching
which was posted as an answer to
>>4218535
>>>4217256
>>You won't find one under 100€ / $100 / £100, specially a 1200.
>Actually you can but thanks to today's artificially jacked up prices it's harder than 3 years ago.
>>>4217598
>>You don't make posts like "hurr over 100 pounds is too expensive" if you're actually interested.
>You can 'cause for a 500 or a 1200 it IS too expensive, unless they're selling other shit with it.
I wasn't posting shit like "BAAAAWWW!! AMIGA PRICES ARE HIGH!!!" like you like to make it seems to be, but merely saying that paying more than 100€ for a bare Amiga 500 or 1200 is too much, because there are people out there selling them for way less. I don't know if it's you or the other retard who also compared a 30 years old low-end computer model to brand new expansions produced in limited numbers when it comes to value, but it doesn't matter, just keep on believing that you're protecting the amiga community from poor peoples and NEETs by wasting your money, I'll just spend it wisely on good Amiga deals and reasonable prices.

>>4221261
There were more Amiga sold in France than in scandinavia and benelux. Talk about not knowing shit.
>>
>See >>4218668 (You)
>>>You can 'cause for a 500 or a 1200 it IS too expensive, unless they're selling other shit with it.
>>modern expansions are expensive too, too poor? then stop bitching
>which was posted as an answer to

This is relevant how? I was talking about modern expansions, that cost as much as the machine.
Jesus, are you making arguments just to play dumb on the internet?
>>
>>4221306
>There were more Amiga sold in France than in scandinavia and benelux. Talk about not knowing shit.
so this is related to the community size 30 years latter, how?
>>
>>4221306
>I'll just spend it wisely on good Amiga deals and reasonable prices.
said like a true poorfag
>>
>>4221406
Not everybody who is sensible with their money is poor.
>>
>>4219970
>maybe it's the UI, because I hate the Amiga's UI so much (not the look, but more the feel, like rightclick top-menus and file management in Workbench), while the Mac UI has been ridiculously usable right from the absolute first version

Eh, my experience is the other way around. I started out with Amigas and found them really easy to use. When I first had to use Windows it was a struggle because nothing worked right. And Mac OS, rather than "intuitive" was virtually unusable to me.
The only intuitive interface is the nipple. Everything else is learned.
>>
>>4221481
>And Mac OS, rather than "intuitive" was virtually unusable to me
macos and amigaos are very similar in that design though
>>
>>4221481
>The only intuitive interface is the nipple.
How come normies find touchpads so much easier to use without previous experience then nipples? Elen a trackball is easier to learn then the nipple.
>>
>>4221394
>I was talking about modern expansions
While replying to a post talking about old hardware. Modern expansions being "expensive" is normal. Hell, they're not even that expensive for someone with a decent salary. But a 300€ Amiga 500 is a rip-off.
>>
File: 1487595710577.jpg (207KB, 721x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1487595710577.jpg
207KB, 721x1024px
>>4221306
>I wasn't posting shit like "BAAAAWWW!! AMIGA PRICES ARE HIGH!!!"
Reading all your posts, it sound exactly like a spoiled kid crying and screaming "BUT I WANT IT!!!!".
You know, like the ones with dumbass moms you can see in the candy/toys section in the market.

Those kids usually only think about themselves, they think they are the center of the world.
>>
>>4221557
>this printed and soldered PCB made by one guy as a hobby who has a real job and would cost 60€ as a kit costs 300€ because it's our proprietary thing and we make money out of it, but this 300€ Amiga 500 in excellent condition and boxed is a rip-off because it's not a new thing and not being manufactured anymore and will daily decrease in units left in the world
I agree, makes no sense. Fuck Amigas.
>>
>>4221557
>Modern expansions being "expensive" is normal. Hell, they're not even that expensive for someone with a decent salary.
For the price of a modern scandoubler for an Amiga 600 I could get:
- a modern 8-bit ISA PATA/IDE controller for PCs
- a modern WiFi "dial-up" modem for C64
- a modern fast loader cartridge for C64
...and I would have 10 bucks left over.
>>
>>4221060

actually the Atari ST was bigger in France because of SECAM.
>>
>>4221549

Yeah, but I guess the best way to explain it is that it was like an uncanny valley thing. It was similar enough to make my brain say "Oh, I know how to do this" but then I'd run smack into a difference that would throw me. Whereas Windows was far removed enough that I didn't constantly expect it to do things a certain way.

>>4221552

No, not the laptop "nipple", like nursing as a baby. It's the only interface we understand by pure instinct.
>>
>>4222114
>No, not the laptop "nipple", like nursing as a baby. It's the only interface we understand by pure instinct.
topkek
>>
bumping this "lovely" thread
>>
>>4218458
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCDtnQiZlSc
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.