[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /vr/ think of Sunset Riders?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: sunset riders sex worker.jpg (233KB, 972x729px) Image search: [Google]
sunset riders sex worker.jpg
233KB, 972x729px
What does /vr/ think of Sunset Riders?
>>
>>4210705
It's a lot of fun. One of Konami's underrated releases for the Genesis.
>>
>>4210705
pretty good game desu. port isn't terrible and the arcade is goat. lot of memories at the cabinet playing this one back in the day.
>>
It's one of those games that makes me think this would probably be fun in co-op
>>
>>4210705

I wish we'd get a proper PS4/XBone port, akin to Wild Guns Reloaded.
>>
Arcade version is the only way to go. Snes and Mega Drive ports sucks very bad.
>>
>>4210949
snes port is fine, only downside is it doesn't have indians in the mountain stage. the toned down difficulty is a good thing
>>
Solid game, the presentation especially is p. great
>>
It's a spaghetti western-themed Contra clone.

In other words, fucking awesome.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPAbWy6Dpk8
>>
BURY ME WITH MY MONEY
>>
File: bmwmm.gif (25KB, 374x272px) Image search: [Google]
bmwmm.gif
25KB, 374x272px
>>4211271
Came here for this and only this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1eNW7GG_Q8
>>
File: thinking.jpg (34KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.jpg
34KB, 250x333px
So I just played this for the first time few weeks ago. Why would you choose characters with puny revolver over the ones with shotgun/rifle? Do they have any advantages?
>>
>>4211515
Faster rate of fire, IIRC. Better for bosses.
Not sure if the shotgun spread counts each bullet as an individual hit or not though. I presume not, but you know what they say about making a pre of you and me.
>>
>>4211682
>Not sure if the shotgun spread counts each bullet as an individual hit or not though

they dont, the spread counts as a single hit. The pistol guys with double guns do count as 2 individual shots though, they do a lot more damage per second than the shotgun characters due to fire rate, especially with the rapid fire powerup.
>>
Rank 'em, faggots.
In b4
>gee bill how come sunset riders is on there twice
I kinda feel like even though the SNES and Arcade versions are pretty similar, the SMD version is just different enough to warrant a separate entry.
>>
>>4211693
Thanks.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (199KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
199KB, 1280x1024px
>>4211698
COW BOYS of Moo Mesa is amazing, I think I like it more than Sunset Riders even
>>
File: thumbs.jpg (23KB, 540x541px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs.jpg
23KB, 540x541px
>>4211682
>>4211693
I'm >>4211515 Thanks for the answer anons.
>>
>>4211462
>Marry me with my money.
>>
>>4210705
Like virtually all arcade games the origenal is better than the port.

Very good use of color and the boss fights are definitly above average for a shooter.

There are only 3 complaints I have.
-The lengthy animations of interacting with the girls gets tiring, escpially on the first level where there are so many of them
-There is a severe lack of power ups. We only have 2 upgrades and a few point items (and the points don't matter since if I recall you can only earn a single 1up and it doesn't take much effort to get that much score). Some temporary power ups such as invulnerability or different options for power ups (ie different types of guns) would have really been nice
-The stage where you fight the fat member of Richard Rose's gang is terrible. It feels like it was rushed. You have only one background image for the entire stage with no set pieces at all. The boss is easily the worst in the game and is downright boring. The game would actually be improved if the stage was axed entirly.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.