[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Misjudged Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

File: 10161_front.jpg (57KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
10161_front.jpg
57KB, 640x640px
Post games you like that everyone else considers shit or mediocre.

>Mix of MGS and Resident Evil
>Comfy atmosphere, set entirely on a train speeding through the european countryside during winter
>You explore the carriages and shoot terrorists you come across, occasionally picking up puzzle pieces for later or reading notes that flesh out the plot

It got shit on because the camera and controls can be janky, but they shower you with so many health pickups and ammo it's never frustrating.
>>
>>4210542
Never herd of it. thanks for bringing it up.
>>
File: 2032-7897.jpg (255KB, 945x960px) Image search: [Google]
2032-7897.jpg
255KB, 945x960px
Sounds like T.R.A.G. but worse
>>
>>4210570
I hate something awful for making a retsupurae of this game and convincing the young generations that's a really bad game.
>>
>>4210576
but if theyre awful and they say something's bad, then it means it's good
>>
>>4210576
It's not a great game though
>>
drac's night out is the shit
>>
>>4210656
The only flaw is the maps can get really confusing to navigate. The story is cheesy but so was Resident Evil.
>>
>>4210987
>Drac's Night Out is the title of an unreleased video game developed by Mark Lesser and Rex Bradford of Microsmiths that was produced for the Nintendo Entertainment System. The game featured the sponsorship of the Reebok Pump shoe.

kek what the fuck, Dracula selling basketball shoes
>>
>>4210542
>>4210570

Vampire Hunter D is better

https://youtu.be/KwCWyOTs2R8
>>
The Legsnd of Mana is my favorite game of all time!
>it has world placement which is something i love that you dont see much
>the artstyle and general design is gorgeous and the music is p-e-r-f-e-c-t
>the plot branches off into three different optional story arches, you only need to do one to reach the end game, but each is really tragic and beautiful
>the gameplay is mostly about looting and discovery and crafting to get stronger but it is a pretty easy game and it is a little clunky...i enjoy all of the fighting and wasting a lot of time making new weapons and upgrades.
>really fun bosses and a good new game+ mode
I'm definitely biased. Its the first game i ever played. But every other game I've ever enjoyed has been based on how close it was to veing Legend of Mana. <3 that aesthetic
>>
>>4211723
Do the tank controls work?

It looks extremely awkward to play.
>>
>>4210570
>>4210542
>>4210542

What do these games look like in PGXP?
>>
>>4212007
The controls work great. But, make sure you turn off the "auto lock" system, that thing is more of a burden then anything.

The problem with the game isn't the controls, but rather the hit detection. A lot of enemies frames, animations, you can't hit, mostly when THEY attack, which can seem awkward at first.

But once you get the hang of it it is awesome. It's not like DMC and stuff where you just spam stuff whenever you see an enemy. here, the best thing to do is wait for an attack, dodge it, and then attack.

I love the game personally I think it's very underrated. Navigation can be annoying because the castle is symmetrical but the map helps.
>>
>>4212142
Neat, I'll check it out
>>
File: m_geordithumbsup.jpg (33KB, 550x381px) Image search: [Google]
m_geordithumbsup.jpg
33KB, 550x381px
>>4210542
I'm getting nostalgic even though I've never played this
>>
>>4210542
A great 7/10 game + it has that charm. When people say that RE0 train part is short, I rec them this game.
>>
>>4210656
By 99/00 standards Chase The Express was decent.
>>
File: galerians-e28572.jpg (60KB, 600x513px) Image search: [Google]
galerians-e28572.jpg
60KB, 600x513px
>>4210542
Personally, I love this game. People talk shit about it because it's a RE clone.
>>
>>4214256
It's way too short, but the design, atmosphere, and music are all really cool. Sequel's alright, too.
>>
>>4214256
This looks super interesting, gonna check it out for sure
>>
File: SwordOfVermilion_TitleScreen.png (9KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
SwordOfVermilion_TitleScreen.png
9KB, 320x224px
Beat this recently, after hating the hell out of it for a while. If you sit down and figure out your sword's range in the battles it's an enjoyable hokey rpg that has a generic setting and plot, but a good atmosphere and fun, Phantasy Star 1-esque dungeoneering that doesn't require mapping out. Amazing soundtrack for its time too considering it was one of the earliest Genesis rpgs.

Will say those boss battles are a shitload of fuck though. Mainly the ones vs flying things that have random amounts of startup before they take off and land, and usually park themselves on your head and instakill you.
>>
>>4210570
There's literally nothing wrong with TRAG/Hard Edge. Where did this meme come from?

>inb4 underage tryhards can't appreciate campy writing
>>
>>4216321
>inb4 underage tryhards can't appreciate campy writing
Fucking this.
>>
I didn't like Galerians sequel, but I have to admit that the story was equally good.
>>
>>4216236
Check it if you like dark stories, violence and cyberpunk at its finest.
>>
>>4210570
It's more eurotrash focused, but it's a great game.
>>
File: 51klxmFosnL._SX425_.jpg (32KB, 425x416px) Image search: [Google]
51klxmFosnL._SX425_.jpg
32KB, 425x416px
>>4210542
Not misjudged, but no one talks about Headhunter anymore.
>>
File: missionimpossible-n64eu.jpg (46KB, 640x468px) Image search: [Google]
missionimpossible-n64eu.jpg
46KB, 640x468px
>>4210542
Mission Impossible.
>>
>>4216521
Yeah, I remember this game being pretty hard as a kid.
>>
I know it's not retro but Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts describes this perfectly for me. A lot of people wanted a classic Banjo game in the vein of 1 or Tooie, but N&B didn't satisfy that need, so it instantly became the black sheep of the series. For me, though, it was a perfect evolution for the series and I absolutely fucking love it. I think it is greatly misunderstood and people often label it a "racing sim" or something retarded like that. In reality, it's a platformer that lets you create your own abilities rather than being limited to those you acquire in the game worlds. Also, some of the most beautiful graphics I've ever seen.
>>
>>4210542
Alundra and its sequel as well

They're not really 'Zelda killers' per se and a few of the puzzles can be kinda bs at times, but they still manage to come off as decently crafted games on their own right imo.
>>
>>4216795
>still no pc port

come on microsoft, be cool
>>
>>4216521

I got this on vacation one year in Panama City Beach, FL. Tough game but the more you play it the better it gets. It's never GOAT or anything but it was fun and had more than 1 way to fulfill objectives.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.