[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here owns arcade PCBs? And dedicated cabs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

File: download (2).jpg (15KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
15KB, 252x200px
Who here owns arcade PCBs? And dedicated cabs?
>>
No cabs because my place is pretty small but I have a few PCBs, fun hobby if you're patient.
>>
I've got a Killer Instinct 2 cabinet that is currently running Golden Tee '99.

I'm in the process of fixing that fucking glitch though.
>>
I have a Neo Geo 1-slot that I use with a supergun, does that count? I don't have any single-use boards but I'm hoping to expand later on when I have some money
>>
I have five cabs
>>
Wanted to convert my computer into an arcade cabinet with sticks, lightguns, trackball etc. I just know it will be a long process and I'd feel more safe buying a broken cab and getting it to fit my PC for it and use the spare parts that aren't broken before I would gut it.
>>
>>4210035
Neo Geo MVS board, "fixed" 138-in-1 multicartridge, and legit Metal Slug X. I use it with a supergun.
PCBs are cool hobby, but too expensive for me
>>
File: AAMA.jpg (77KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
AAMA.jpg
77KB, 640x478px
>>4210394
>>4210370
>tfw I passed up buying paper grocery stacks full of untested arcade PCBs for $5-$30 back at AAMA auctions
>>
i have a MVC2 cab (retrofitted from an old mortal kombat cab).

just opened it up today to take out the important stuff.

speaking of, does anyone here have any experience with the naomi arcade board? i want to make sure i took out all the important stuff that the naomi and jamma board need, and that all thats left in the cab is the wiring necessary for using with any other game.

i have the jamma board, naomi board (with MVC2), vga, usb, rca(red+white) and power to jamma cables. the rest appeared to be all I/O for the cab itself.

not sure if this is the best place to ask. i didnt want to register for a slow moving arcade forum, but there doesnt seem to be a very active place here to ask newb questions either.
>>
>>4210035
got two cabs, neo geo 4 slot, and a Nintendo vs. dualsystem. Gradius and Dr. Mario PCB, as well as some Neo geo carts.
>>
>>4210582
Does MVC2 use a hard drive? If so, pull that as well. Keep it with the original board.
>>
>>4210892
i believe its a cart that is attached to the naomi board (its a box, basically a console).

they came out together as one, so ive got that. thanks for the heads up though.
>>
>>4210035
>Neo Geo MVS 4-slot cabinet
>Neo Geo 1 Slot board with Unibios
>Super Gun
>Aero Fighters 2
>Arg of Fighting 2
>Puzzle Bobble
>Crossed swords
>KoF 94,95,02
>Magical Drop 2
>Magician Lord
>Metal Slug 1-4, X
>SamSho 2
>Sengoku 3
>Shock Troopers 2nd
>Spin Master
>Street Hoop
>Strikers 1945+
>The Last Soldier
>Windjammers
Jamma/CPS2
>Megaman Power Battle
>Rival Schools
>Sunset Riders
>Marvel vs. Capcom Orange A/B
>Street Fighter Alpha 3 Grey A/B

So yeah I own a few.
>>
>>4210035
Why do people own these?
>>
>>4210991
for those who want to play arcade games on original hardware
>>
>>4210921
A barebones Naomi setup includes:

The Naomi itself
The I/O board (plugs into Naomi via USB)
GD-Rom (optional)
Power supply

Don't separate the Naomi from its PSU. It's proprietary to the Naomi as it is not powered by the cab's Jamma PSU.
>>
>>4211034
> Naomi as it is not powered by the cab's Jamma PSU
Holy shit! I had no idea!
>>
>>4211034
>>4211063
sadly the setup i have, this is not the case. it is powered through the capcom jamma converter.

the actual PSU was from midway and was hooked up to MK2's PCB. but they must have decided just to repurpose it, as there are multiple wires coming from the PSU (which has a midway sticker on it and is non-standard) that hook up to a line filter (?), that then moves on to power the jamma board/converter as well as directly power a few of the cabinet peripherals.

the psu is so old and the way it is setup and spliced and wired is so foreign to me that im gonna let it stay in the cabinet. it looks like i will just have to bite the bullet on getting a replacement PSU, but im kinda stuck on whether or not i should pull that line filter, and if i should get a PSU for the naomi, or if i should power the jamma board and let that power the naomi (which is how it was in this cab).
>>
File: 20170819_114401.jpg (2MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170819_114401.jpg
2MB, 2880x2160px
Does this count?
I'm gonna clean it up and get some pcbs for it, it's really simplistic in design so shouldnt be hard to pop the panel with those buttons and instead wire up a joystick and some buttons.
Project for another year I suppose.
Love me some garage sales though
>>
>>4210582
Make sure you grab the power supply too unless you like wiring stuff. (They also go for like 80$ last I checked on eBay too)
>>
File: IMG_20170823_132715.jpg (2MB, 4208x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170823_132715.jpg
2MB, 4208x3120px
>>4211123
yeah as mentioned above >>4211092 the psu is kinda jank.

i can pull the switching power supply/line filter thingy... but they seem to be cheap and easy to get. i may pull it anyway, but the main PSU itself will go wherever the cabinet goes. its literally bolted in the floor and im pretty shocked it actually worked to power the jamma and naomi considering it is not designed for those things.

pic related
>>
I own a Astro Invaders machine with a Ms.Pac-Man board in it & a Dig Dug machine. I also have a couple pinball machine s& 2 Mame machines I built out of garbage cabs.
I've repaired more cabinets for clients then I've owned though. Probably something like 30-40 cabs in the past year now.
>>
>>4211135
I so want a pinball machine. They're just SO fucking expensive.
>>
>>4210035
PCB's here, mostly multi's where I can and dedicated shmup pcb's where I have had money to throw at them when they are available...

2x NAOMI's with NetDIMM's
2x NAOMI carts: Virtua Tennis and 18 Wheeler
2x CPS2 A+B, 1x B (One multi previously MVC Phoenix, Puzz Loop 2, and XVSF)
1x Taito F3 and Multi
2x Taito F3 Carts (Puzzle Bobble 3, Hat Trick Hero 93 or 94)
1x Taito F3 Conversion of RayForce
2x Neo Geo 1 Slots (MV1C and MV1B)
5x NG carts: 2020 Super Baseball, Fatal Fury, World Heroes, Aero Fighters 2, Samurai Shodown II
1x Sega ST-V with Multi
2x Sega ST-V Carts (Die Hard Arcade and Super Major League)
2x CAVE PGM (Ketsui, DoDonPachi Dai Ou Jou Black Label)
5x CAVE CV1K series (Akai Katana, Espgaluda II, Ibara Kuro, Mushihimesama Futari Black Label Another Ver., Pink Sweets)
1x R-Type
1x Battle Garegga
1x Armed Police Batrider
1x Battle Bakraid
1x Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
1x Rival Schools
1x CPS3 with Multi

Hard to call these PCB's in my mind since they're practically PC's but also:
1x Sega Lindbergh Yellow with Multi
1x Taito Type X2 with Multi
>>
File: IMAG0014b.jpg (348KB, 982x829px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0014b.jpg
348KB, 982x829px
>>4211131
That is interesting. I have not seen that before. If it works I'd just leave it alone if you're planning on using the Naomi. If you're planning on selling it, it's not that uncommon for the PSU to be sold separately.

Here's my Naomi and its PSU.
>>
File: 1500970942364.gif (21KB, 352x289px) Image search: [Google]
1500970942364.gif
21KB, 352x289px
>>4210035
Currently have a Star Wars Trilogy Arcade, Ms. Pac-Man Cabaret, and a Pac-Man PCB I'm currently fixing.
Fucking love my trilogy arcade though, it's been like a childhood dream to own one.
>>
>>4211795
Always fun to have a childhood favorite. I don't give it too much play at the moment, but HotD is a cab I loved as a kid. Could do with a better tube due to screenburn, but nevertheless I'm glad to have it.

The dedicated cab I always wanted as a youth was a Battletoads, but I don't have one, just a bare PCB that I play in my Astro City candy cab when I feel like it. Maybe one day I'll try to get one.
>>
>>4211806
Mine has some nasty screen burn too, the nice part though is I found the remote to it nicely packed away, untouched. It even had the original batteries in it never used. I could even replace the bulbs because I have a bunch of PTV tubes from sony's/hitatchi's. Before I bought it from the dealer, they recently repaired the joystick force control too so it was fresh as can be.

Good luck man on your quest. The arcade journey can be long and hard but patience is the key.... along with hours of craigslist postings.
>>
>>4210035
I'll start my collection to use them with a Windy Gaming Supergun, a Brook PS4 to NEO GEO adapter (it support CPS2 kick) and a PVM monitor.

I really like this setup.

I want to buy Puo Puyo Tsu, Tetris, Wind Jammers, Metal Slug, just to name a few.
>>
>>4210035
I have a few cabs and a bunch of PCBs.

>>4210991
>why do people own things
wut
>>
>>4211528
nice, thanks for the info.

i actually have the same two boards (but no net dimm).

ideally id like to have a hookup just like yours and run it to a flat panel monitor.

so what do you use for controls and display. ideally i want to rebuild a very slim cabinet and house it in there, but with a flat panel and if i cant get a naomi psu (or its cost prohibitive) i was going to retro fit a pc PSU. and then just wire up sticks and buttons normally via jamma.

ill keep an eye on this thread, but if youd be willing to answer some questions i can grab a temp email and post it here. or otherwise if you have any links/resources that have good info/explanations/instructions and arent on an archived forum from 2004 with all the pictures broken, id be happy to read up that way too.
>>
Got a candy cab and 40 jamma games. No boots no flash carts.
>>
>>4211528
also, what is powering the I/O board? since the setup i had was getting power from the jamma edge on the I/O then sending to the naomi, all the power came from the same place (sorta).
>>
>>4213598
pics of cab? id like to grab one at some point... or build one if someone has good schematics for cutting all the parts from wood or MDF.

anyone got links to cab diagrams/schematics?
>>
>>4213598
I also went the candy cab route, though I have a few wooden lightgun games. Several MVS carts, CPS2 carts, many dedicated boards, etc
>>
File: 1.jpg (422KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
422KB, 1024x1365px
>>4213606
Weche OKBaby 29'. I got this in 2003. Totally want a SEGA cab for vertical shooters. I'd need a job first, lol.
>>
File: DSC_0040.jpg (408KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0040.jpg
408KB, 1024x768px
This one is awesome enough. Totally love the triSync monitor. One thing that really bothers me though is how expensive MVS carts have become. Ten years ago no one cared for them, you could grab them for a few euro/$. Now many of them are three figures on ebay. Should have bought zero special when it was still affordable :(
>>
>>4213604
Not >>4211528 but it looks like it's being powered by the JAMMA edge. Which IO board do you have? If you're using a SEGA one it's possible you can power it from the NAOMI if you're willing to make some quick wires.
>>
>>4210035
Joust and joust 2 cabinet. Astro city candy cab. Raiden 1, 2, dx, raise fighters jet, viper phase pcbs. Also have a jroc multi Williams pcb. Have an empty joust cab for mame machine.
>>
>>4210582
Ask on vaps.
>>
>>4210991
No emulator is 100 percent accurate. If you enjoy a specific game a lot it's worth it. Also nostalgia.
>>
>>4210991

autism
>>
>>4210991
Asperger syndrome
>>
>>4215436
angry poorbaby detected
>>
>>4210991
Multiple sclerosis
>>
I got an all original pac-man cab, a Naomi universal netbooting MVC2, and a Street Fighter II cab that is currently running Turtles in Time off of a raspberry pi.

I'm in the market for a Neo Geo big red cab, gonna keep that one all original. The only cartridge I have for it right now is Magical Drop III though.
>>
I've been considering getting a Pandora's Box multicart, but I'm not exactly sure how they work. Do they work the same way normal multicarts/flashcarts work (that is, cartridge emulation on real hardware), or are they essentially glorified emulation machines? Would hooking it up to a supergun or JAMMA cab provide a more authentic experience than the all-in-one machines with arcade sticks and video out built in? I'm kind of a purist so I want to be as true to the arcade experience as possible, but I'm also poor so buying individual PCBs isn't really viable.
>>
>>4216945
The Pandora's Box is actually pretty shitty. It's an emulator, and a poor, slow one at that.

If you really want to use one, it just plugs into your JAMMA harness, and away you go. The Pandora's box does support 6 button controls though, which the standard JAMMA harness doesn't do, so there is some minor rewiring involved. It's pretty easy though, and even in the shitty Chinglish that the instructions are written in, you can easily figure it out.
>>
>>4217050
Fuck that then, even minor slowdowns make my autism flare. What's the cheapest solution for someone that wants an authentic home arcade experience? Neo Geo with a flash cart?
>>
>>4217284
Cheapy used Dell or HP i3 with 8 gigs of ram and then load Hyperspin on it. Make a control panel with authentic Happ joysticks and buttons, they're a lot cheaper than you think.
>>
>>4217050
>chink shit is an official regulated standard and is all the same
That one deserves a wew, lad.
>>
>>4217659
>JAMMA
>chink

Pick one.
>>
>>4217303
>Make a control panel with authentic Happ joysticks and buttons
Only do this if you're only playing queer shit like Donkey Kong.
>>
>>4217790
>reading comprehension
>4chan
pick one
>>
I use to operate an arcade if that counts.
Business is folded and I don't have anything left from it sans a few lose push buttons and joysticks...
Its a savage industry that you only really make money anymore off of food or booze.
>>
>>4211169
This is cool but quite depressing to me..

Cuz i dunno whats sadder, whether not being able to have the money to be able to buy stuff like that, or being a mexican, practically aislated from any surefire contact to get access to stuff like this?

And yeah, theres ebay, but im sure the shipping prices would rape me.
>>
i was thinking about building a jamma board but seems easier to just spend about $50 more to get a windy.

also how good are those 600-800 games in 1?
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>4218802

No use anymore getting into shooters or cave boards. they are so fucking expensive makes me dizzy. And you know what the funny thing is?
Back in the day before hipsters called them SHUMPS, no one in the west wanted to play arcade shooters. Western gamers sucked at raiden and co.
>>
>>4219519
They're just shitty PCs running hyperspin.
>>
>>4210035
I have an old school commando cabinet
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.