[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Console mice/keyboards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 200px-PlayStation_Mouse.jpg (7KB, 200x167px) Image search: [Google]
200px-PlayStation_Mouse.jpg
7KB, 200x167px
I'm currently playing Policenauts using a controller and the aiming is such ass that it's making me really consider getting a Playstation Mouse but I don't know if it would be worth it for just one game. Are there any other good games that make use of it?

I'm also thinking of getting a SNES mouse sometime. Mice and keyboards for consoles in general are kind of interesting to me.
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Mouse

There is a list of games at the bottom. I never even knew there was a mouse for the Playstation.
>>
File: splitfishedgefx-back[1].jpg (25KB, 613x310px) Image search: [Google]
splitfishedgefx-back[1].jpg
25KB, 613x310px
>>
>>4209075
the Saturn version supports the 3D pad so you can use the analog stick instead of dpad.
>>
>>4209106
>I never even knew there was a mouse for the Playstation.
It was advertised on the side of my PS1.
>>
>>4209121

Don't have a Saturn, sadly. The PS1 version doesn't support the Dualshock's analog stick either. Not sure whether that would have been possible as I don't know the date either came out but it still sucks that I can't even use the analog stick. It would still not be great but it would be better than fucking digital movement for a cursor.
>>
Funny you should say that OP. I own the SNES Mouse and I just ordered the PSX Mouse the other day. I love the console PC ports that support a mouse, being able to play the games with mouse on my CRT TV is fantastic. Not many games support the mouse on the SNES, but you are much better off if you have it for those that do. The games worth playing with the mouse are Might and Magic 3, Eye of the Beholder, Lemmings 2, King Arthur's World, Utopia, Nobunaga's Ambition, SimAnt, Populous 2, and maybe Mario Paint if you like to dick around. Add Super Castles to that list if you speak moonrunes. Not a huge list but the SNES Mouse isn't that pricey either, and all the games are flashcart compatible.

I'm thinking I'll be getting a lot more enjoyment with the PSX Mouse. C&C Red Alert, Dune 2000, Myst, Riven, Quake 2, X-Com, Railroad Tycoon 2, and SimCity 2000 are at the top of my list.
>>
>>4209162

I think I picked up the SFC version of King Arthur's World at a con (it was something medieval themed that had mouse support) so I guess I already have something for that. Does Wonder Project J support the mouse? I know SNES Clocktower surprisingly doesn't despite being a point and click.

Speaking of Clocktower, apparently the PS1 game does support the mouse so I might have to pick those up sometime too.
>>
ps1 mouse is best for PS1 first person shooters.
>>
File: psx boxes.jpg (367KB, 2400x1300px) Image search: [Google]
psx boxes.jpg
367KB, 2400x1300px
>>4209075
>>4209106
>I never even knew there was a mouse for the Playstation.
>>4209130
>It was advertised on the side of my PS1.

Back in the day I had a pair of mice. We would serial play command and conquer. It was good times. I think I had dune 2000 also that the mouse worked with.

My wife did have one for the snes with the mousepad etc..fully complete. Worked great with mario paint. It was fun swatting the skeeters.

pic somewhat related, and not to be a jerk at all. I just happened to be sitting here and could snap a quick pic.
>>
>>4209106
I can't imagine playing X-Com without one.
>>
Panzer dragoon zwei is insanely fun with the mouse. Its snappy and fast. If you have a saturn mouse you gotta try it, just make sure you adjust the controls first.
>>
File: Dreamcast_mouse_01.jpg (31KB, 1200x909px) Image search: [Google]
Dreamcast_mouse_01.jpg
31KB, 1200x909px
Just looked up the Dreamcast Mouse and man, it didn't get much support, did it? Mostly western games too.
>>
>Policenauts
There's a guncon patch, did anyone try it?
>>
>Policenauts
>aiming is such ass
>guncon patch
You know you can press the shoulder buttons to instantly snap to another target, right? It can't get much easier than that.
I wonder how you're going to pass the final shootout with a mouse.
>>
>>4211145

I'm guessing that would only be usable on a hacked PS1 or PS2, yeah? Or maybe emulating on a CRT?

>>4211187

Just discovered that you can do that, actually. That's a big lifesaver.
>>
File: hqdefault[3].jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[3].jpg
17KB, 480x360px
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.