[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bestest Beltscroller

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: X3_Gunmetal_Brown_belt_grande.jpg (18KB, 600x365px) Image search: [Google]
X3_Gunmetal_Brown_belt_grande.jpg
18KB, 600x365px
What is the finest sidescrolling beat em up that ever hit the arcades? I am looking for one game to make my own, to play on a regular basis and eventually master it.

So far I was planning on going for Denjin Makai 2. It is not as blatant a quarter muncher as most Capcom games and I really like the amount of variation, the moves and combos.

Now I just saw how many incredible brawlers IGS made. Now I am on the fence of switching to The Gladiator or Knights Of Valour 2 Plus, since 3 is apparently not yet playable in MAME.

Has anyone played those IGS games? How hard are they to 1CC, are they fun long term? From a first glance they seem to be massive and offer lots of replayability.

So far Denjin Makai 2 is my favourite.
>>
>>4207216
That's like asking for the shiniest turd.
>>
You're not going to have a lot of options if you consider Capcom games to be quarter munchers. Most belt-them-ups are a lot worse than those.

Try Double Dragon, Golden Axe, or Light Bringer. Denjin Makai 2 is probably your best bet though.
>>
>>4207216
4+ STR 4+ STAM LEATHER BELT? ARGH!
LEVEL 18?
>>
So, hasn't anyone tried out Gladiator or Knights Of Valour?
>>
>>4207328
I have, gladiator is fucking top tier absolute gem of a game. Look up pasky on youtube for loads of 1ccs of that game and knights of valour, he also streams on twitch.

>>4207216
My fav to date is irems undercover cops but make sure its the jap version which has all moves intact, it's well balanced and fair but still a good 1cc challenge also stunning looks and sound.
>>
I love D&D Tower of Doom mostly for all the "above-and-beyond" normal beltscroller stuff they have in there, like spells, inventory, leveling, etc... I'm sure there are better games out there though.
>>
My 3 favorite:
Magic Sword
Black Tiger
Shinobi
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.