[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170822_073701~2.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170822_073701~2.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
/vr/ I was looking to get some advice.
One of the worst Sins I can think of a game store doing is slapping their label over the original. I have a few games like this from collecting over the years I was wondering if anyone had a sure method to get these bastards off without damaging the original.
>>
>>4207096
there's a few that I've tried over the years that seems to work for me

first, use a blow drier over it for a few minutes. after a while, take a plastic razorblade underneath the sticker and slowly try to peal it away. then you can clean the residue off with goo gone
>>
File: s-l400[1].jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
s-l400[1].jpg
45KB, 400x400px
If it's "cured" label-on-label and the second label had as good or better adhesive it'll never come off without taking the label beneath off too. That rarely happens though, except in the case of second gen labels which for some reason have pretty shitty glue themselves.

If the tag is vintage though, might as well just leave it. The tag in the OP should come off just with a little heat. I wouldn't put goo-gone on the original label though, I personally just stick and unstick some fresh adhesive (like a loop of duct tape) to clean off remnants of old adhesive.
>>
>>4207102
No goo gone, it will at away at the glue under the label.
>>
>>4207134
If you use just a tiny bit on a glossy label, you'll be fine. I've used it many times on labels to get rid of residue. Although, I have slightly discolored one before because it was white.
>>
Depending on the type/age of the sticker, you might be able to just carefully and gently peel away at it without ripping the label off.

If that doesn't work though, try heating it up a little bit with a hair dryer. Be careful not to heat it up too much and damage the label/game, but otherwise it should make it a lot easier to get off. If you manage to get it off and there is still a tiny bit of residue, make a solution of 10:1 water and Dawn Liquid (specifically this kind because it helps cut through grease and is pretty gentle on paper), apply to a soft cloth and try rubbing it away. Don't do it rough, and dry it with another clean cloth immediately, don't let the solution get into the label.
>>
I think heating the sticker is the key here. It may cause the glue on the label to release as well but once the glue cools it will get sticky again and you can put it back down.
>>
File: 1503403068520.jpg (264KB, 1155x847px) Image search: [Google]
1503403068520.jpg
264KB, 1155x847px
>>4207164
Also maybe try peeling away at it from this corner rather than the opposite end where the edge of the label may be pulled up as well.
>>
>>4207168
>>4207160
>>4207124
>>4207102

Thank you for the suggestions I'll try this when I get home and post updates if the thread is still alive
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.