[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when I was a kid my dad had this disc of a bunch of games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: God_of_Thunder.gif (85KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
God_of_Thunder.gif
85KB, 320x400px
So when I was a kid my dad had this disc of a bunch of games on it... the only game I can remember the actual name of was God of Thunder, but there were about 20 games on this disc and I really want to play some of them again.

One of the games was where you switched between 3-4 vikings, each had a different power that you could use to progress.

Another was sort of a Space Invaders game but with a fighter jet.

Another was like a traffic game where you chose weather the light was red or green or something.

When you exit the program you hear an Arnold Schwarzenegger, saying "Hasta la vista, baby."

Does anyone know what i'm talking about!? Where can I find these games again!?
>>
>>4206362
>One of the games was where you switched between 3-4 vikings, each had a different power that you could use to progress.
That's Lost Vikings. I'm surprised you don't know it, it's very famous.
>>
>>4206368
Yeah I don't know, I've just never heard anyone IRL talk about it... it was very fun but back then I don't think I could progress much... I would like to try it again now!
>>
>>4206373
Luck you it is free from Blizzard's website right now. Pick up Blackthorn while your at it.
>>
>>4206384

I don't see it :/
>>
>>4206395
Ah, you need a Battle net (or Blizzard.net now I suppose) account and it will be under games and codes section. They are auto included with your account.
>>
>>4206412
Ah, damn..

Does anyone know the name of this disc???
>>
>>4206434
http://www.myabandonware.com/game/the-lost-vikings-1mi

here, if you don't mind setting up DOSbox on your own or have an Amiga or Genesis emulator they got you covered.
>>
>>4206451
I'm sure there is someone who knows what this disc was who can help...
>>
>>4206362

Anyone?
>>
>>4207080
It was probably a homemade disc or one of literally thousands of shareware/freeware discs.
Sorry friend, I hope you find it but it's literally a needle in a haystack type situation.
>>
>>4207114
I don't believe it to be homemade. I know it seems weird , even to me, describing it in this sense... but at the time this seemed to be a pretty legitimate source
>>
>>4206412
>>4206451

Sorry guys, I didn't say thank you.. I appreciate your help, I really do! There are just so many other games on that disc that I look forward to playing again!
>>
Wasn't there some archive for images of shareware CDs and such?

https://archive.org/details/cdbbsarchive
>>
>>4207259

Wow, that is pretty awesome.. the wizard on some of those seems really familiar, i'll have to look into those... but I just can't remember what the disc looked like :/

Thank you so much for posting that.
>>
>>4206481
Dude, there were literally an infinite amount of those Shareware discs made. You are asking for a needle in a billion haystacks.
>>
>>4207221
Are you not aware of how the shareware system worked? Those games, usually only the first "episode" of a full version, were free to distribute and re-sell. Any company on earth could bundle shareware and sell discs with hundreds of games on it.

Apogee, Epic, Id, and hundreds of no-name developers made tons and tons of games available with this method. Odds are you will never find that exact disc but there are most certainly others with those games you're looking for.
>>
>>4207453
>>4207470

I never really saw any others, or even knew where my dad got it so I did not realize there were so many of them. Kind of sucks.
>>
>>4206362
>When you exit the program you hear an Arnold Schwarzenegger, saying "Hasta la vista, baby."
HAH! Mine did that! Lets see if I can remember the games on it:
Lost Vikings
Raptor: Call Of The Shadows
Zone 66
Hocus Pocus
Duke Nukem (2d)
Magic Carpet
One Must Fall (NOT 2097)
some shitty fighting game with a Roman centurion and a gypsy (named Gypsum)
a submarine sidescroller
Baron Baltric (the clunky sidescroller, not the isometric one)
Ken's Labyrinth
Outlaw 97 (or Outlaw 1997)
I think Rise of the Triad might've been on there
Terminal Velocity
Descent
Jazz Jackrabbit
Xargon
That's all I remember. I don't recall a game about traffic lights.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.