[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RPG's on SNES/Genesis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: FF2 North American version.jpg (973KB, 2100x1535px) Image search: [Google]
FF2 North American version.jpg
973KB, 2100x1535px
Hi /vr/,
I just got a Raspberry Pi and have set it up for Emulation.

I'm looking for a good RPG a-la Final Fantasy 2 & 3 (NA versions, see pic). I want to come home from work, boot up a game, sit down, have fun, and play.

What recommendations have you got for me? I've never been a big RPG guy besides Pokemon, and I really enjoyed FF2&3. Thanks.
>>
I recommend you get yourself a snes and a copy of the game
>>
Fuck off emubaby faggot. Just look up a list of top RPGs. Retard.
>>
As someone that enjoyed FF2 and FF3 when I was little, I would suggest ones like:
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
Lufia 2
Super Mario RPG

You might enjoy some other ones but they might be a bit odd or "off" depending on your taste like:

Earthbound
Secret of Evermore
Breath of Fire
7th Saga
Robotech
just naming a few off the top of my head.
>>
>>4206316
>Super Mario RPG

Completely forgot about this. Thanks anon.
>>
>Hello, /vr/. I was born yesterday. Please inform me of the most popular RPGs for the most popular video game platforms in existence. I fail to comprehend the purpose of a search engine.

>>>/wsr/
>>
I'll add obligatory mention of Dragon Quest series, V and the remake of III are my favorite titles of that series on the system.

Also Live-a-Live, Terranigma, and Adventures of Hourai High if you need some more obscure ones (LaL and Hourai both require fan-translation patches).

>>4206316
You meant Robotrek. Would've been crazy to have an actual Robotech game on snes tho
>>
>>4206427
>I'll add obligatory mention of Dragon Quest series
>obligatory

DQ is incredibly niche, even though everyone and his brother has probably heard of the series by now. And why wouldn't it be niche? It's notorious for being a lifeless grindfest. While redundant gameplay appeals to the Japanese for whatever reason, these games find little audience anywhere else.
>>
>>4206479
>It's notorious for being a lifeless grindfest.
>While redundant gameplay appeals to the Japanese for whatever reason
You've pretty much described most if not all JRPGs anon. I also similar have gripes to yours towards series such as FF and most other Square/Enix-developed games as well. There's a good reason why the genre in general was considered pretty niche until the marketing juggernaut that was FF7
>>
Yea I loved Cecil without the Dark Wave ability and Heal potions that cure everything.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.