[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The map system in this game sucks!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

File: dino2box.jpg (232KB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
dino2box.jpg
232KB, 1425x1425px
The map system in this game sucks!
>>
>>4206219
What didn't you like about it?
>>
YOU SUCKS
>>
>>4206219
DC2 is so linear that you don't really need the map.

The only time you'll get stuck is when you need to find that keycard in the fucking water.
>>
Dino Crisis 2 is 10/10 and an underrated action game on ps1.
>>
>>4207005
One of the best action games. Unfortunately everyone tought it was just another RE clone like the first
>>
>>4206219
you can press X in the map menu to zoom in you dong
>>
>>4207005
I love DC2, but 10/10 is overrating it.

It completely drops the cake half through the game and replaces most of the amazing chore gameplay by a bunch of stupid mini games.

The game is also an absolute gigantic cocktease:
>Regina all over the cover
>you only play as her half of the time
>half of that half she either wears a mask or a full underwater body suit so you don't actually see her
>the entire story is centered on some blonde faggot

Fuck you Capcom
>>
>>4207028
>NESfag
you're not fooling anyone, imposter wannabe, kek
>>
>>4207028
What you call "bunch of stupid mini games" I call refreshing variety and great pacing.
Also hating a fucking ps1 game that runs at potato resolution because you can't see your waifus face is fucking retarded and you should sudoku yourself.
>>
>>4207028
>underage autism speaks
>failed impostor
>overall failure
recommend suicide
>>
>>4207042
>What you call "bunch of stupid mini games" I call refreshing variety and great pacing.

Really the whole game flow was amazing. Not to mention on top of being fun you could rack up some great cash on those mini games
>>
File: Regina0.png (407KB, 707x1260px) Image search: [Google]
Regina0.png
407KB, 707x1260px
Regina, akimbo MP5K,utterly destroying those dinos that rise from the water after the hovercraft shootem up part is one of the most fun times i've ever had. As far as I'm concerned they found the real Dino Crisis with 2
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (32KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
32KB, 1280x720px
>>4207064
>when you unlock the anti-tank rifle
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 240x210px
>>4206853
It's so far from linear. There is a lot of backtracking in it. Gotta get the key and can only hold one key at a time. I just wish there was a map on the gameplay screen, like in the corner or something similar to metroid. I find myself checking the map way too often. Thats its biggest weakness, is that it gets in the way of gameplay flow, especially considering its more of an action title than DC, RE, RE2 etc.
>>
>>4207564
>. I find myself checking the map way too often. Thats its biggest weakness,

No that's YOUR biggest weakness. It's a terribly habit you picked up because modern games coddle players. There's not even anywhere to get lost it's mostly straight corridors that occasionally Y split. This isn't resident evil.
>>
>>4207064
I bet Regina wears granny panties.
>>
File: 1501248448519.jpg (21KB, 258x322px) Image search: [Google]
1501248448519.jpg
21KB, 258x322px
>>4208668
And what makes you say this?
>>
>>4208089
Oh man getting lost while backtracking is so fucking immersive. I love challenging retro games that never tell me where to go. Fuck off, old man.
>>
I never played 2, so 1 is still a great game to me. I even still have the disc somewhere
>>
File: 14 year olds, dude.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
14 year olds, dude.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>4208969
>getting lost in an action game
>>
>>4207067
I am become death. You wise guy.
>>
>>4208986
I emulated both and ended buying only the first one.
DC2 is a fun arcade shooter, and I was looking for survival horror games.
>>
>>4208998
>buying PS1 CDs
What for, modchip that bitch
>>
>>4208987
hence the problem with Dino Crisis 2. It wants to be an action game but it peddles too much off the mystery genre of RE.
>>
>>4208998
I played 1 on the console, my friends would talk about 2 all the time, but during those years I was on a "earn-your-games" basis. Maybe I'll emulate it one day, or buy it if it crosses my path.
>>4209005
My PlayStation was modchipped because south America. No one cared about people selling pirated games, so everyone with a burner and an internet connection was selling games out of their house. Less than $1 for each too kek. We got Japanese games, EU games with NTSC/PAL selector screens, and at one point I even had a 1000 in 1 disc that had SNES and NES games on it. Good times
>>
>>4209023

and once again we're back to you being retarded. It never gets more complex than

>There's a spot that's locked
>Oh hey here's the key that unlocks that previous path.

you're a retard
>>
>>4209041
Whoa, man, calm down.
>>
>>4209005
>What for, modchip that bitch
I'm a collector. I tend to emulate a lot, but some games I want to own them.
>>
>loved DC1, even more than RE
>DC2 is just balls to the wall running and shooting
>>
>>4209064
Dick2 is the better game.
>>
>>4209064
>loved DC1, even more than RE
At the time I thought it was a cash grab and didn't play the game until 2015. It's a shame because it has better puzzles than RE and RE2.
>>
>>4209041
yes i am retarded. thank you for contributing something positive to 4chan
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
16KB, 480x360px
is DC1 technically the most difficult horror title on the system?

>little ammo
>constant respawns of enemies
>obtuse and unclear fusing/combining items system
>obtuse health system without clear indicators like in RE
>even more backtracking than in RE
>>
>>4209354
Add to that more challenging puzzles. I think it may be my favorite survival horror (it's a close one between it and og RE)
>>
>>4209354
Most difficult I don't think so. Some other RE clones are much more difficult due to being glitchy, and have harder puzzles too. Try Martian Gothic for instance.

I think it's the best "AITD/RE" style survival horror personally
>>
File: new nightmare.jpg (107KB, 642x650px) Image search: [Google]
new nightmare.jpg
107KB, 642x650px
>>4209354
>>4209863
New Nightmare is much worse

>Respawning zombie enemies that take 9 shotgun shells (3 shots from your triple barreled shotgun) in tight as fuck corridor hallways
>Doors don't tell you which keys work on what like RE does
>HUGE ASS FUCKING BOOKS with obscure clues
>>
>>4207006
>just another RE clone like the first
But the first wasn't a RE clone, it was literally the evolution of RE
>>
>>4209867
>>Doors don't tell you which keys work on what like RE does
>>HUGE ASS FUCKING BOOKS with obscure clues
Whoa, it's like you hate to use your brain anon
>>
>>4209903
I'm sorry a better game series of games like the Resident Evil trilogy kept shit simple and didn't do retarded shit.
>>
>>4209354
>is DC1 technically the most difficult horror title on the system?
Nope, Martian Gothic is retarded in every way possible except for the inventory system.
Overblood freezes you to death in the first 10 minutes if you don't know what to do and if you survive that, you can miss the item that lets you save.
>>
>>4209023
>the mystery genre of RE

Survival horror you fucking pleb, and DC2 isn't confusing at all. You're just retarded.
>>
>>4209354
>raptors can follow you and open doors
Was this a random thing or scripted?
>>
>>4212702
Random, but you have laser gates that the raptors can't open.
So kind of cheating.
>>
>>4212702
>>4212712
It's not random. They can only follow you in certain rooms.
>>
>>4212754
It's not scripted like Nemesis in RE3.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.