[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought an Everdrive64 and a n64. What are some must play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: n64.jpg (37KB, 620x258px) Image search: [Google]
n64.jpg
37KB, 620x258px
Just bought an Everdrive64 and a n64.
What are some must play single-player and multiplayer games? I never played the console before since I had a psx for most of that generation.
>>
If you never played a single N64 game before, start with Super Mario 64, Pilotwings 64, Wave Race 64 and Mario Kart 64.
>>
>>4205606
Just load up a full romset. The n64 only has around 200 games anyway.
>>
>>4205606
>single-player
Ogre Battle
Conkers
banjo
>>
Paper Mario
Mario Golf
>>
Hope you like collectathons and first person shooters.
>>
goldeneye
>>
File: 58779R2.jpg (338KB, 1728x1728px) Image search: [Google]
58779R2.jpg
338KB, 1728x1728px
>>4205658
Or rail/cabal shooters
>>
Have you guys heard of Ocarina of Time? it's the most impossibly great that has ever existed.
>>
Paper Mario
Both Zelda's
Robotron 64
Starfox 64
Harvest Moon 64
Mystic Ninja
Shadowman
Kirby The Krystal Shards
SM64

BK, BT, and DK64 are all optional because they are niche.
>>
>>4205804
>are optional because they are niche.
conformist sheep faggot
>>
>>4205606
download your pack here
https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?101715-MULTI-ROM-SET-EverDrive-Packs-Release-Thread
heres a list of good games
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_64
>>
Mario 64
Banjo
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Two zeldas
Bomberman 64
Mario kart
Snowboard kids
>>
To this day, MK64 is probably the single greatest racing game ever made. It's still better than the newer versions like Double Dash and whatnot.
>>
>>4205840
Gtfo
Its not even better than The one on super nintendo
>>
>>4205823
Add in starfox and wwf no mercy/wcw nwo revenge and that is a solid list
>>
>>4205843
Gtfo
No it's not.
>>
>>4205606
Why not a ps1 and a stack of JVCs or Taiyo Yudens? You would save at least a hundred-something that way.
>>
>>4205606
>Just bought an Everdrive64

Why? There's maybe a dozen of games for N64 worth playing that aren't multiplats. Not all of them are even compatible with an ED. Would have been better off getting a used Wii a softmodding it to run pirated VC WADs.
>>
>>4205948

The Wii VC selection is pretty rough though, no Rare games and almost entirely first party. If you already have the console the ED isn't a big investment, far cheaper than what getting the key games yourself would run you back.

>Not all of them are even compatible with an ED

That's just wrong, compatibility is 100%. You may be thinking of the SNES Everdrive.
>>
BLAST
CORPS
>>
>>4205948
>>4206023
Some games need to be patched but even the $70 china cart will play everything but Animal Forest and DD games. (The v3 by krikkz can run all of these however)
>>
>>4206023
>the ED isn't a big investment

Yes it is. I'd hardly even call it an "investment." "Investment" implies you're getting something back. Unless you plan to dump dozens of indiscriminate ROMs on your ED, I just don't see any incentive to shell out that kind of dough. You could in fact just buy the import versions of the handful of N64 games you're actually likely to play, and it would still be cheaper than "investing" in an ED.

>compatibility is 100%

No, it's not
http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=147.0
>>
>>4205948
nigger why
>>
>>4206212
The link you posted says right there which goodset roms will work.
>>
Bomberman 64 and Bomberman Hero are both awesome. Great soundtracks, lots of extra stuff to do on the side too.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.