[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NES Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: NesWall.jpg (663KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NesWall.jpg
663KB, 1920x1080px
Let's have a NES thread. All I'm seeing is 4th and 5th gen threads recently. Discuss your favorite and/or underrated games and recommend games to each other.
I've been playing Willow, Devil World and Blaster Master recently, among other things. I don't usually like puzzle games, but really like Devil World. Willow is fun so far, but slow and clunky in spots and Blaster Master is fun but hard. Has anyone played these, especially Devil World, or want to recommend NES games?
>>
Haha, I played some of Devil World for the first time not long ago.

I was looking through random ROM names and saw 'Devil World' and thought it would be good for a laugh. I was not familiar with the manga at the time.

It's a really cool game. I played up until the underground maze area.

I had a lot of fun in the beginning trying to figure out what the hell I was supposed to do. Meanwhile the town had been turned into demons. I really got the sense that it starts of in an ordinary town with ordinary friendships, suddenly the people of the world become demons. I'm actually interested in reading the manga now.

Recommended games from me, one game that might be a little underrated is Sword Master. I really like the music of this game. The gameplay is satisfying too.

Another game that really surprised me when I played it through for the first time about 10 years ago was Kid Icarus. When I played it as a kid I never made it to the first dungeon. I thought the whole game was vertical scrolling. The game is very rewarding when you put in the effort.
>>
There are better shooters on the system, but there's something so charming about Dragon Spirit. It's my go-to game when I just wanna chill.
>>
>>4205280
I'm loving Devil World. The graphics are so cute, great music and super fun gameplay. I had no idea it was a manga. I need to find that. I'll check out Sword Master, sounds promising. >>4205507
Thanks, I'll check this out, too.
>>
>>4205146
I have never found a puzzle game as cozy as Dr. Mario. Any /vr/ recs? Is Puyo Puyo at all similar?
>>
>>4207305
Tetris Attack/Pokémon Puzzle League (aka Panel de Pon) is pretty badass.
>>
>>4207305
NES Puyo sucks compared to other versions.

I really dig Pipe Dream and Flipull.
>>
>>4207305
I have enjoyed both Yoshi and Yoshi's Cookie.
>>
Kabuki Quantum fighter is a really fun game. It plays like shantae because you can attack with your hair, but it has the level design and enemy of a game like ninja gaiden
>>
>>4207305
Dr. Mario is fucking comfy.
>>4209254
I'll check out Kabuki Quantum Fighter, thanks.
>>
File: Spelunker.gif (7KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Spelunker.gif
7KB, 256x224px
Spelunker is one my favorites. Fairly difficult, but short enough to get it down without wasting weeks of your life. Not sure how it compares to the c64 and arcade ports though.
>>
File: 1503324357196.jpg (830KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1503324357196.jpg
830KB, 1920x1080px
ftfy
>>
>>4210718
you have shit taste, anon.
>>
>>4210806
nice comeback
>>
>>4210806
I mean seriously, who doesn't like Maniac Mansion?
>>
File: 1503078344372.jpg (42KB, 361x691px) Image search: [Google]
1503078344372.jpg
42KB, 361x691px
>>4210829
>>
>>4210718
Hooooooly shit 10/10 you absolute madman
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.