[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The state of retro gaming.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

File: Untitled.png (3MB, 1562x983px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3MB, 1562x983px
>>
what about it?
>>
>>4204116
Goddamn that's a sweet deal
u bought it or are selling it?
>>
>>4204116
That's a lot of sports games. I wonder if a game store is just trying to get all that shit off their hands.
>>
>>4204116
Too many sports titles. Not worth it.
>>
File: IMAG0368.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0368.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
The state being that Sega consoles and games go for dirt cheap while Nintendo anything has a premium. I avtually bought a Genesis today for 15 bucks. Came with Mortal Kombat 3 and a Boxing game. Also came with 2 controllers and all cables.
>>
I always wonder why UBER HARDCORE GAMERS like /vr/ hate sports games. Is it because the QB in high school fucked your crush or something?
>>
Somebody is actually going to pay $300+ for like 40 sports games and a ton of duplicates. Not to mention that that isn't even the best Model 1 Genesis version, there's only one controller and it's third party, that's an NES RF adapter, and there are only like 4? non-sports games.
>>
>>4204156
Most of them are shit. Not that their respective sports are shit, but not every sports game can be something awesome like Tecmo Bowl or Blades of Ice.
>>
>>4204156
Nobody likes sports games, it's not a /vr/ thing.
>>
>>4204172
What? Modern sports games are actually pretty fun. Is this a recent development or not?
>>
>>4204185
The first sports game that I can say that I had fun with was NFF2K for the Dreamcast, so, yeah, pretty new.
>>
>>4204116
>The state of retro gaming
>$0.50 genesis shit
So same as the last 20 years? lol
>>
>>4204180
>Nobody likes sports games
Tecmo Bowl, NFL Blitz and the vast majority of hockey games were fucking awesome and loved by a lot of people. And by modern standards, the 2K/Madden/The Show games do pretty well, so I imagine most of the hate towards it is "hurrdurr normies like it so I can't" attitude.

There are shitty sports games for sure but saying nobody likes sports games is a pants-on-head retarded statement
>>
>>4204180
Fifa Road to World Cup 98 was fucking great. Dynamic gameplay, indoor stadium, rare chance to play with many legendary players in your team
>>
>>4204121
they are bidding you moron, this could go several thousand if someone would bid that
>>
>>4204220
You're a pants-on-head faggot.
>>
Remember when you first started collecting and you got like 20 games for not very much? That was the good old days.
>>
>>4204251
Excellent retort m80
>>
>>4204220
The issue with the modern sports games (especially Madden and FIFA) is that they're so iterative, each game is basically the same exact game as the previous year's, and the only reason to even play a game other than the newest one is if a certain player you REALLY want to play as retired or something.

Because of this, the games have little to no value, so collectors don't want them, players don't want to actually play them, and they clog up game stores eternally. Even copies of the game signed by the cover athlete don't go for much.
>>
>>4204185
The /vr/ games were often nowhere near as exciting or strategic as certain sports would need them to be in order to be fair representations. A lot of them really dumb down the rules or don't play particularly well.

It's not really surprising that when we got enough AI players to actually field a full team that soccer/football/baseball/etc games got a lot better.
>>
>>4204292
>Remember when you first started collecting and you got like 20 games for not very much? That was the good old days.
The commons are cheap. You can always buy some normie collection for cheap.
>>
>>4204156
There ARE good sportsball games, but If I don't enjoy sportsball then why would I want or buy a video game about soprtsball?
>>
>>4204401
That can be said of any genre of games but sports games in particular get singled out a lot for this
>>
>>4204412
Because a lot of people who play video games don't like sports? This ain't rocket science, nigga.
>>
>>4204412
dude, go out and play a shitton of retro sports games. you'll realize they perfected the modern method of shitting stuff out once a year back then. it's all fucking garbage or just the exact same shit.
>>
>>4204413
>Because a lot of people who play video games don't like sports?
there's far more overlap than you think
>>
>>4204420
And evidently not enough.
>>
>>4204412
That's because they saturated the market. Sequels for non-sports games didn't come out yearly back then like they do now, yet sports games did.
>>
>>4204116
1: Genesis stuff was always cheap (that's why I collect for it)
2: angry girlfriend or wife price
3: bid, so it can go higher
4: have you seen how much Nintendo anything (especially N64 and GC) and even increasingly so PS1 stuff is going for?

Trust me the bubble won't be popping for some time yet. I look forward to when it dose though, because I'm not collecting for profit, I actually play my games and only buy games I play. I miss the days where even the most desirable PS1 games were only $25 at the most.
>>
>>4204116
Thought this was a good deal until I noticed almost all of it were sports games. Don't really hate them but I don't see the appeal of owning every rendition of Madden and NHL Hockey either enough to pay close to $300 for them.
>>
File: 1463548745581.jpg (676KB, 2644x1983px) Image search: [Google]
1463548745581.jpg
676KB, 2644x1983px
>>4204765
It *is* a good deal; for the seller. If I was him, I'd be fucking stoked to get to unload all that hot junk for top dollar.
>>
>>4204793
>which religion

that pissing contest is just plain unfair for purely demographical reasons.

Still, clever way of getting people to finance your addiction.
>>
>>4204802
It's also stupid because caring doesn't necessarily mean throwing your money at them. To some people giving them money may seem like it'd do more harm than good.
>>
>>4204116
buying online you fucked up
>>
>>4204246
>time left: 7m 16s
>>
>>4204156
Because when your goal is to emulate the real world, you can only be so innovative in your game design.

The best sports games tend to be fantastical ones (stuff like Basewars or Windjammers), older games where hardware limitations forced developers to have to make creative choices about how to simulate real world sports, or management simulators.

Beyond that, if you just want a realistic simulation of playing a sport, you basically find the one game that does it best and every other game of the same sport becomes pointless once you find your holy grail.
>>
>>4204156
Sports games are for fat kids who can't play real sports.
>>
>>4204793
what the fug is 'spiritual'
>>
>>4204116
Haha, holy shit. It's 99% sports. So many fucking duplicates too, I see 3 ones that are the same. This guy scraped a bunch of pawn shops and goodwills to pad this shitheap collection.
>>
>>4204793
>atheists clearly trying to make a point about 'religion is bad'
>buddhists give a fucking belt clip
>very little money at all from hindus or jews

This is a kek-worthy experience.
>>
>>4204153
nintendo and sega games used to be the same price before avgn but stuff like contra on genesis is more expensive than contra 3
>>
>>4204802
>>4206740
That experiment is scientifically worthless. There are so many things not answered here like
1. Where was it done?
2. When was it done?
3. What intention did the donators have?
4. Did they know if it was an experient or not? --> it seems unlikely they wouldn't know it if the person in question actually put different cups with the "right" religion labeled on it
5. How long did the experiment take?
6. Why would you even make those distinctions and do such research anyway? It only seems to increase animosity for the sake of it.

and lastly
7. How can others even check the validity of this "experiment"?

I bet it's some image from some guy on the internet who thought he'd be clever by acting pseudo-scientific without actually doing scientific research and it's shared on social media or some shit like that. I'd rather have the worst shitposting on this board more regularly than a stupidity like that.
>>
>>4204185
>Modern sports games are actually pretty fun
yeah, but they belong to /v/, and the post you answered to was answering a post asking why /vr/ never discusses sport games.
>>4204156
When I feel like playing sports I'd rather go outside and play the actual thing. If I stay inside to play Alien Soldier it's mostly because I can't turn into a huge beam-shooting humanoid eagle as easily as I can call 5 close friends and go to the nearest field with a ball.
>>
>Retro gaming = buying shit
>>
>>4207452
Some retro games are worth more than your life, anon.
>>
File: 1409350226889.png (296KB, 1600x1049px) Image search: [Google]
1409350226889.png
296KB, 1600x1049px
>>4207387
>That experiment is scientifically worthless

I agree
>>
>>4207387
What makes you think it's an experiment? All he's doing is turning his panhandling into a competition to manipulate people into throwing him more money. From your reaction to the result you're obviously a kike yourself, so surely you can appreciate his chutzpah.
>>
File: 1424486786779.jpg (7KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1424486786779.jpg
7KB, 240x240px
>>4204116

>2017
>buying 300 sports cartridges
>>
>>4208610
>2017
>Paying for ANY cartridges instead of flashcart
>>
>>4205137
>The best sports games tend to be fantastical ones (stuff like Basewars or Windjammers), older games where hardware limitations forced developers to have to make creative choices about how to simulate real world sports, or management simulators.

Activision's Ice Hockey for the 2600 is still the best sports game ever, and the fact that it's more of a stylized take on Pong than a serious attempt at simulating hockey is a huge part of that.
>>
>>4208610

Only underage children equate EA to sports games if we're talking about the Genesis.

Hell, lots of their "sports" games weren't even, like Mutant League Football.
>>
>>4204116

that's not even close to the most outrageous example of modern hording/price squatting

that copy of super metroid cart only for $150 someone posted the other day was worse imo
>>
>>4204116
"I CANT WAIT TO PLAY MY SIX DIFFERENT COPIES OF JOE MONTANA FOOTBALL!"
>>
>>4204116
I see this shit all the time. It's the fucks that start collecting & want to be the best collector as fast as possible. I know a guy who is one of those people who's like "I've been collecting my entire life" when no, he's been literally buying anything videogame related he can for the past 2 years now & has amassed a HUGE collection but has spend probably hundreds of thousands of dollars on it. Just so he can brag about it. He will also buy any CIB game he can that's expensive.
Best way to describe it is if it was 2010 & he saw a PERFECT CIB Krion Chronicles for $20 he's pass on it. BUT TODAY if he saw the exact same one for $250 he's buy it up immediately.
>>
>>4209095
Why would someone brag about collecting children's toys. It's like admitting to being a loser.
>>
>>4204180
Only the unathletic socialy retarded fags who played D&D in the library during high school PE instead of participating and didn't play a sport.
>>
File: MintGBC.png (2MB, 2368x2003px) Image search: [Google]
MintGBC.png
2MB, 2368x2003px
I found this mint condition Gameboy colour on ebay, is this a good price?
>>
>>4209635
total bargain. go for it!!!!!!!
>>
>>4209646
Well I've got 6 days left, so fingers crossed no one else bids!
>>
>>4207498
>>4207909
>criticizing something makes you a jew
Oh wow anon, you totally made me see the light by your replies. Let me guess, you are tooootally not from /pol/?
>>
File: 1462794702406.gif (1020KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1462794702406.gif
1020KB, 500x373px
>>4204156
>the QB in high school fucked your crush

Why did you have to open old wounds?
>>
>>4204180
Besides the fact that they sell like hotcakes? You need to remember that /vr/ and /v/ and reddit and whatever part of the internet you go on, is not representative of most people.

An old roommate of mine always got excited when 2K11 (?) got a new advertisement update. Literally in-game ads for real products, and he would always mention it the day it hit his PS3. This was incredibly immersive to this guy, and he would re-run career mode over and over again. And it's not like he was some 100 pound skinnyfat weakling who was trying to vicariously live the life of a respected athlete or something. He was built like the fucking Hulk and was getting some low-level endorsement deals for bodybuilding. For his age, he was decently successful in the greater 'sports industry'. I couldn't understand it, but he sure did love it. For reference, the only other games he owned [that I know of] were Far Cry 3 and Skyrim.
>>
>>4209635
>>4209731
Fuck you bro, I'm bidding that shit up now. I'm no idiot. Not gonna pass this up.
>>
>>4209116
It made him popular. Now he has a ton followers on Instgram, gets titties sent to him because of it. Plus he's invited to special events because of his social media presence. It sucks because his posts are really fucking cringey but the sheeple love it.
>>
>>4209635
How are ebay sellers THIS delusional?

I routinely see shitty condition gameboys going for £30-50 more than ones that are practically mint condition.

Usually its a shit condition gameboy, but oh look! they have a pokemon game with it, that totally justifies asking £100 for it!
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.