[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to emulate OoT on Windows nowadays?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: u.png (50KB, 320x237px) Image search: [Google]
u.png
50KB, 320x237px
What's the best way to emulate OoT on Windows nowadays?
>>
>>4203359
>google, what's that??
>>
>>4203362
SEO abuse means that google is no longer reliable and that actual people giving actual opinions is much more preferable.
>>
If only there was sticky to answer stupid questions that don't generate discussion so threads in that vein aren't made.
>>
Same as before
>>
>>4203362
holy shit for a second I thought it was 2007 again when google was actually reliable
>>
>>4203374
yeah because emulation doesn't get updated and asking for new information is just stupid
>>
>>4203425
which is? not everyone is wired up into the same bubble
>>
Try to get the game working in dolphin. I'm pretty sure it was re-released on the Gamecube so you should be covered. N64 emulation is pretty much just a lost cause.
>>
>>4203467
last time i tried 4 years ago was on project 64 with everything default. didn't notice anything that off
>>
>>4203464
The /vr/ sticky links to an emulation wiki that is regularly updated, retard.
>>
>What's the best way to emulate OoT on Windows nowadays?

There isn't. N64 emulation has been shit ever since its conception, and there's no improvement in sight.

Buy a used Wii and banana bomb it. You'll be able to load up VC WADs for free. Alternatively, try to track down one of the Zelda collections for GC. There are two. I'm sure both are pretty expensive on the reseller market, though. You can probably buy a used Wii for the same price.

>>4203362

Google is just promoted links and clickbait sites with keyword spam. I fail to understand why you even felt it worthwhile to solve a CAPTCHA just to post such a useless suggestion.
>>
>>4203484
What about emulating the 3DS version?
>>
If you use Windows, Project64. Unfortunately, it's still the better one.

Elsewhere, use mupen64plus. Maybe the core in RetroArch. ParaLLEl is not good enough these days.
>>
>>4203508
Honestly, which is better? VC or Collectors? I have access to both. Not OP btw.
>>
I googled "best n64 emulator" and got no ads, one clickbait article on the first page, and /vr/'s urls in the sticky showed up, which are accurate.

You just didn't try, you'd rather just shit on a board you don't care about instead.
>>
I wish I could answer you guys, but I went the Flashcart route for my n64, and I kinda want a rgb mod. Other than that fuck, it would take the same amount of time just to answer this game and let the thread prune as it does to leave a snarky as fuck comment which helps no one and make you look autistic.
>>
>>4203572
Lookin' pretty autistic there, anon.
>>
>>4203576
How? Cause I called you out on your shitty attitude?
>>
>>4203484
This. I pick Wii VC on Dolphin over PJ64 any time the option's there
>>
Just use Project64, the only issue is that it takes like half a second to open the menu screen compared to console.
>>
>>4203556
>Honestly, which is better? VC or Collectors?

I don't have a clue. I might assume the VC version is more stable since Nintendo has had time to improve the quality of emulation, but that assumption may be wrong.

There are two GC Zelda collections: One with OoT and Master Quest, and one with Zelda I, Zelda 2, OoT and Majora's Mask. I had both collections at one point, but I ultimately decided to part with the one that had MM because the emulation quality seemed worse. MM was borderline unplayable. Both of these collections are also prone to lock-ups. I think it has to do with poor memory management. I haven't experienced this, but I think it's triggered by playing for hours on end without ever saving and reloading.
>>
>>4203359

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Nintendo_64_emulators

anytime you have a question about the best emulators and shit, consult this site.
>>
>>4203987
Still has minor audio and graphical issues. Does run better than straight off the GC though.
>>
>>4203905

should I play the original on hardware or the VC version? Can I get VC version 240p?
>>
>>4203484
>dolphin emu
>collectors edition iso
>awesome widescreen patch
>high def textures (optional)
got that running on my old emu box and it couldn't keep up. very sad. needs beef.
>>
>>4204379
Dolphin's CPU needs to be overclocked to 200%.
Did you try that?
>>
>>4203508
If you get the Wii / GCN version of OoT then you will get the shitty Fire Temple music because Nintendo thought the original one was too offensive.
>>
>>4204069
No even though some Wii VC titles support 240p no n64 do. I use dolphin to emulate the Wii VC on my CRT at 240p though
>>
>>4204390
Probably not. Will check tomorrow. Thanks anon.
>>
>>4203556
Wii fag here. VC is "better", if by VC we assume you're injecting the v1.0 of the game with all the censored stuff. It plays just fine and you don't need anything fancy to play it.
>>
File: The moment has arrived.jpg (12KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
The moment has arrived.jpg
12KB, 222x227px
>>4206537
>if by VC we assume you're injecting the v1.0 of the game with all the censored stuff.

How do, anon?
>>
>>4203359
Dolphin. The forums have codes to make the game run at 30fps farily well, widescreen, and can grab a texture pack if you like them.
>>
gliden64 widescreen
>>
>>4203359
Project64 and probably GlideN64. Or angrylion if you have a 10GHz cpu.
>>
File: 1415470107849.jpg (412KB, 724x904px) Image search: [Google]
1415470107849.jpg
412KB, 724x904px
>>4206537
Just curious; Was there anything censored in later carts other than the blood color and Mirror Shield symbol?
>>
Recently replayed both oot and mm on project 64 2.something and it worked pretty flawless in my opinion. Used a real N64 controller with adapter. No graphical errors and shit everything worked, lens of truth, map screens inventory screens picture box photos worked in major as mask.
>>
>>4203459
>>4203364
It's asking for emulation advice, not where the next Stormfag meeting is.
>>
>>4206984
fire temple chanting
>>
>>4206961
If only Angrylion didn't need a super computer
>>
File: oscar.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
oscar.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
>>4206984
>that pic
>>
>>4203359

Just go buy a flash cart. N64 emulation is shit. And the "best" one, Project 64, is filled with adware nowadays.
>>
Download Citra and play the 3DS version.
>>
File: sharpen.png (464KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
sharpen.png
464KB, 1280x960px
>>4203359
LIKE THIS
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.