[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

game recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: gaming.jpg (1MB, 2160x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gaming.jpg
1MB, 2160x1200px
I've been in a rut with gaming for a while now and am wondering if you guys would be willing to recommend me a game or two to try out

pic is a jumbled mess of games that I love - I'm sure there's a ton I'm not thinking of atm but that's sort of the gist of it.

I really like games that are sort of action/adventure/dungeon crawlish rpgs where you can collect all kinds of loot that have a good atmosphere (whether its cozy like harvest moon/shining in the darkness or kind of dark like king's field or system shock)

I also am a big fan of rpgs with a twist in terms of game mechanics like elemental gearbolt being a lightgun shooter rpg or metal walker being a billiards simulator rpg
>>
>>4202874
why

do

you

need

to

use

such

obnoxious

spacing?
>>
>>4202875
I'm dyslexic, cant look at big blocks of text without wracking my brain so i hit enter a lot
>>
>>4202874
>I really like games that are sort of action/adventure/dungeon crawlish rpgs where you can collect all kinds of loot that have a good atmosphere (whether its cozy like harvest moon/shining in the darkness or kind of dark like king's field or system shock)
Play Azure Dreams, I think you'll like it
>>
I'll tell you what I've played recently.

Cybernator (SNES) -- pretty good, varied mech game. It's a platform/shooter. I need to play Front Mission too.

Final Fight 3 (SNES) -- There was a Final Fight 3 and I never knew. It's well polished, I really like the music on level two. The gameplay doesn't feel too repetitive for a scrolling beat 'em up. But it's pretty easy.

Ninja Warrior (SNES) -- Wow I never heard of the game before. It is very cool. The controls are interesting and there are a variety of moves. Each of the three characters has different moves so they play differently. I really like the graphics and art a lot.
>>
>>4202887
This honestly looks spot on, thank you!
>>
>>4202874
Try Dragon Warrior Monsters. It's basically the next place to go after Pokemon.

Not Retro, but Radiata Stories also may appeal to you.
>>
>>4202875
it's called paragraph breaks. not everyone communicates in formless walls of text. when will the "reddit spacing" meme die?
>>
File: Landstalker-Artwork12.jpg (31KB, 250x233px) Image search: [Google]
Landstalker-Artwork12.jpg
31KB, 250x233px
>>4202878
Interesting, I'm dyslexic too but I find that the so called 'reddit spacing' actually makes things harder to read. Well, it comes in many forms, I guess.

>>4202874
So, based on the fact that you like both Shhining in the Darkness and Wonder Boy in Monster World I am recommending Landstalker. I think you will like it.
>>
Wario Land 2
Dragonheart

Both for game boy
>>
Since you have King's Field on there, have you played the rest of the series? KF3 goes a similar route as Elder Scrolls, moving away from claustrophobic dungeons and allowing you to explore large outdoor areas. KF4 (on PS2) feels something like a proto-Demon's Souls. You have a hub area called the Ancient City, which branches out to a few other regions. As you complete tasks in one region, you head back to the city and advance to the next branch, eventually taking you to the very bottom of the city where your ultimate objective lies.

I didn't notice Vagrant Story on that list. You seem to like dungeon crawlers with gimmicky or experimental mechanics, so I think that will be right up your alley.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.