[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /vr/, i'm installing windows 98 on a spare pc, and installing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1502222534699.jpg (11KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1502222534699.jpg
11KB, 210x240px
So /vr/, i'm installing windows 98 on a spare pc, and installing all of my old games on it. The thing is, i'm probably going to need to torrent them. Can anybody recommend a torrent client that works on 98 without being a backdoored piece of shit?
>>
I can't help you but I'm bumping this thread
>>
>>4202643
Why not just download all of them on a separate pc and transfer from there?
>>
File: spooky.png (189KB, 391x571px) Image search: [Google]
spooky.png
189KB, 391x571px
>>4202647
Thanks for the bump anyways, dude
also my captcha wants me dead
>>4202649
I could if USB transfer times on 98 weren't absolute dog shit. I also don't have a spare ide to usb adapter right now either.
>>
>wanted to do this for years
>finally fix some old pc I had laying around
>install win98
>booting it for the first time
>computer freezes at the windows logo
o-ok...
>>
>>4202652
I don't know of any clients that would work. I think you can use a network share with windows 98 and get around that usb 1.1 transfer rate that way.
>>
>>4202664
make sure the computer works first anon
dual boot with xp, then you get best of both worlds

like me, i have 4 computers all 2000 - 2004 from my uncle and aunt, just because they have fucked hdds, and ya know, too lazy to take apart and all that shit. i have one on xp, one getting set-up for 98/dos, and 2 more just laying around
>>
>>4202665
maybe, i guess i'll just hook the hdd to my spare xp install
>>
>>4202643
why don't you just kill yourself instead?
>>
>>4202721
real edgy bro, wheres your youtube, i wanna subscribe
>>
Just stick a 10/100 NIC in it and transfer via Ethernet.
>>
>>4202872

This, I do it like that with my Win98 pc.
just download the discs from isozone then put them on my server and copy them to the 98 one where i mount them with daemontools.

Install the full game, apply nocd crack and delete image from 98 pc.

Done.

Done.
>>
>>4202652
install usb 2.0 driver for 98, now usb transfer times stop being shit.
>>
File: kazaa.jpg (373KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
kazaa.jpg
373KB, 1024x768px
>>4202643
here you go buddy
>>
>>4202913
i like my computers without viruses
>>4202895
i guess we'll see
>>
>>4202643
Dude, are you just intent on doing it totally wrong?
You could boot another OS, install or use a live CD. If you're going to torrent you have a network adapter. Download on your main machine and use that. Removable storage. It's been a thing for ages.
>>
>>4202643
Boot Puppy Linux from a LiveCD and use Transmission or something.
>>
Direct Download everything from Legends World.
>>
>>4202649

Network dude.
>>
>>4204248
You're going to get viruses regardless if you put a windows 98 machine online. Dual boot another OS, torrent, then mount that filesystem in windows 98.
>>
>>4207685
People still circulate viruses for dos-based windows systems?
>>
I just use uTorrent v1.8.5 but when I downloaded the ExoDOS collection it ended up being faster to just temporarily install the hard drive from the retro computer into my primary computer.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.