[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

before i play this for hours just to be disappointed do they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: boko.png (16KB, 256x220px) Image search: [Google]
boko.png
16KB, 256x220px
before i play this for hours just to be disappointed do they kill the bird? if they do i will just stop now
>>
I don't think any FF game ever kills a Chocobo
>>
>>4201916
There's a chocobo eater in X, and you can kill them yourself in Tactics and XII.
>>
>giving a fuck about some cartoon bird
>>
IIRC he gets injured or something but he ends up fine.
>>
>>4201908
No, the bird ends up living happily ever after with a wife and chick. I'm not makin' it up.
>>
If there was a FF to NOT be disappointed by it would be this one. The plot is dumb just like the rest of them, but the battle system is phenomenal. A large amount of combat freedom for a 1992 JRPG.
>>
Why's everybody lying to OP to trick him into playing this?

Straight talk: at one of the camp outs they're forced to cook him in order to not starve. The slaughter is not shown though, but if you can put 2 and 2 together you realize what happened.
>>
>>4202023
>Injured
You literally leave him behind because you go on a boat. Then you find him later, and he has a wife and egg, but he goes with Butz anyways.
>>
That big stupid yellow bird went on to spawn a universe defining species and star in his own series of Roguelites.
>>
he dies at the end of disc 1
>>
Well you be disappointed that the story is shit, even compared to most FF games, and while the job system is pretty neat (mastering the few good jobs and then just playing freelance) you better find a tv series or a bunch of movies that you like because grinding in this game is boring as hell. There are two good places, in the first game when you get the black chocobo go to one of the islands se of crescent island and fight the black flames, or in the second world fight the stone warriors in the basement of Galuf's castle. For the flame just use the water scroll from the ninja and for the stone guys use lighting scrolls and titan
>>
>>4202338
Good thing you don't actually need to grind.
>>
>>4202023
>he ends up fine.

He ends up boning a lady chocobo and making 3 kids.

The loch ness monster towing the pirate ship WILL die however, and that's not short after, so you might want to stop playing.
>>
>>4202338
>grinding on any Final Fantasy

What the fuck are you doing.
>>
>>4202338
>Well you be disappointed that the story is shit

more like it's one of the only ones where the story isn't shit. There's no rebels fighting evil empire crap, you just go on a big adventure through 3 worlds (and more). The story is there to make the worlds richer.
>>
>>4202338
Objet D'arts are vulnerable to lv5 Doom
>>
>>4202304
Chocobos were introduced in FF2
>>
>>4202357
Yeah but it's cool to master everyone as monk, ninja and summoner and then each give them one other job skill and actually be able to play freelance with any item.
>>4202370
It's fun to learn all the abilities and get the rare item drops, that's why they're there. If you don't Ike it, don't play it that way.
>>4202373
They must have fluffed up that translation patch cause the original Japanese version, I think the say クリスタルが! about 45 times in the first third of the game. Then it just switches to エクスデスが! for the other two thirds definitely not as bad as the 4 or 6. The fact that it is sparse is a plus actually not like the PlayStation ones where you stop and talk more than you actually fight shit.
>>
>>4202295
bros before hos am I right
>>
>>4202239
They took the main character killing meme too far in this one.
>>
>>4202338
>stone warriors in the basement of Galuf's castle
Yes, i did the same.
>>
>>4202439
What kind of meta gaming shit am I reading here. It's bad because of grinding you don't need to do and the game wasn't designed around you doing?
>>
File: arle ruru.png (581KB, 822x552px) Image search: [Google]
arle ruru.png
581KB, 822x552px
>>4202338
>you'll be disappointed because grinding is boring
>>
>>4201964
Also in X-2 where they appear as enemies
>>
Why is "FFV has a bad story" a meme? Its plot was just as meaty as IV imo, it had a nice atmosphere of a big fantasy adventure and a heartwarming theme of friendship (which sets it aside from other FF stories, which have been focused around romance since FF2). Just because it's more lighthearted and there isn't a character dying every 40 seconds doesn't mean it's bad. In fact it makes the heavier parts of the story hit even harder.
>>
>>4203017
It's the "bad because it's goofy" meme. You got grandpas riding around inside meteors in the first 5 minutes of the game.
>>
>>4203017
It's not a meme. It's just a reasonable reaction to someone who's playing it after 1-4 or coming to it after playing some of the newer games. It's no lie that the other games have plots that are taken more seriously or are just more epic in scope.

Though writing it off because of the plot is just a huge disservice to a game that's worth much more than that.
>>
>>4201908
he lives, knocked up a girl and got a bunch of kids.

but i'm sure you'll be more severely disappointed for its kitchen sink fantasy plot and cheap out of place drama smearing on top of it's frankly excellent gameplay that's arguably the best in the series
>>
File: whale.jpg (75KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
whale.jpg
75KB, 256x224px
>>4203249
How the fuck is that any less goofy than traveling to the moon on a silver whale
>>
File: 1500483503885.gif (174KB, 299x240px) Image search: [Google]
1500483503885.gif
174KB, 299x240px
mfw i care more about fucking Boko than main protagonists
>>
STELLAAAAA
>>
>>4203017
Agreed, it's because FF5 is upbeat for the most part and because the characters are so honest that you care for them more.
>>
>>4203017
People played IV when it came out and the story was good for the time. With V, most fans of the series could only experience it as jaded adults. If IV never got a western release until the remake era, most would also remember it as generic fantasy dreck with cheap drama slapped on top.
>>
>>4203314
Traveling to the moon is something we've done many times in the past, so it's realistic. And it's not a real whale like the animal.
>>
>>4203249
what's wrong with wizard stuff though
>>
>>4203528
I played it as a teen somewhere around 2005, had the time of my life
>>
>>4203314
Because its just a fucking ship, and actually oddly works for a giant spaceship design. FF4 by that point had already established there was crazy technology to be found and shits on anything they had.
>>
>>4202368
Slydra returns from the grave as a summon beast because he's just that badass.

I'm not making this up.
>>
Oh shit, there's only 11 days left.

http://fourjobfiesta.com/
>>
>>4202239
>>Hamlet, never forget
>>
>>4203787
>>4203934
Not that anon you're replying to, but really what asspulls are you guys pulling here? lol
>>
>>4202338
>Well you be disappointed that the story is shit
The only thing that's shit is your taste.

>>4202439
Holy shit you reek of fedora. Even by /vr/ standards.
>>
>>4203017
>Why is "FFV has a bad story" a meme?
Because people didn't grow up with it in America.

That's literally it. They've convinced themselves that IV, VI and VII are masterpieces because they're nostalgic, even though V shits all over them.
>>
File: 1404563836425.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1404563836425.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>>4202239
>>
File: wtf_mister.jpg (156KB, 492x460px) Image search: [Google]
wtf_mister.jpg
156KB, 492x460px
>>4202239
>>
>>4203314
>>4203934
It's ancient technology that's used in the context of an alien race living on the moon. How is that an asspull or goofy?

FFV has a talking turtle that the game itself pokes fun at.

You may find it goofy, that's totally subjective. I can find Terra being revealed to be a flying, white furry goofy, but it isn't meant to be. It's all about the game itself handles it. IMO
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.