[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MM7 hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: MM7-Promo-Art.jpg (569KB, 724x937px) Image search: [Google]
MM7-Promo-Art.jpg
569KB, 724x937px
What's the deal with this game getting thrashed on so much? I can't think of an entry in the series that is better outside of maybe 9. The music, bosses, art, gameplay, and general feel are all fantastic, which is incredible considering the game was developed in literally 3 months. Is there just something I'm missing here?
>>
People really just hate the art direction.
>>
>>4201897

Why?
>>
>>4201897
People shit on it for a lot of reasons, art direction included.
The reality of the situation is two fold. It's not a bad game, but on the same system with X2 and X3, it's not the best on the system, to most people. People like to talk in extremes, so because it's not as good as X3, it's absolute trash.

The second part is blind NES love. There's no way you can actually have played Mega Man 1 lately, and think it's a better game than 7, but blind NES fanboyism allows it on a regular basis.

People shit on 8 too, because they read on youtube that it was bad and the funny voice acting. People are stupid.
>>
>>4201920
I dunno, that kind of shit is subjective. Saw a thread the other day that was complaining megaman was too big for the frame for instance.

>>4201926
The only part I did not like about 8 is load times (not terrible but still) and wily fortress 1. The rest I thought was pretty decent.
>>
>>4201936
I think Mega Man 8 is passable, but the Mega Ball was outright stupid. Thankfully it's not a huge part of the game though, so I suppose that's alright.
>>
>>4201893
egoraptor.
i haven't even heard someone bash megaman 7 after the video he made about megaman, where he complaint that mm7 wasn't like nes mm and thats why was bad.
i think it was a sequelitis, you can see the point he make, and normally are the same that people make when bashing mm7.
i really like mm7, and just hope people play it by their own now that megaman legacy 2 is out.
>>
It attempted to fix Charge Shot by making a full charged shot do 2 damage

Which is even more retarded than Charge Shot breaking the game.
>>
It did some clever things with the special weapon use and the graphics were great. It sure was an upgrade over the previous two games which have been lackluster expansion pack sequels.
>>
I love it personally.

At first I didn't like it because of the big scale, and the fact that quite often you couldn't see enemies up ahead, which in stages like Spring Man stage, felt unfair.

But I kept giving the game more chances, and the more I played it, the more I liked it. I've come to love it, and the issue mentionned above, is non existant once you know the game.

The only real issues left I have with it, are small issues, and every single MM game has small issues:
- the invicibility time is incredibly short, and it feels unnatural for a MM game. I still keep getting a 2nd hit after taking a first because I never remember it.
- I love all the secrets and stuff, but if you want to find everything and keep backtracking to a minimal, the level order is quite linear. Even then, you still need to beat Junk Man stage twice (letter and jet) and Shade Man stage twice (Protoman shield and energy balancer). MM6 was already guilty of somewhat linear level selection but here it's ten times worse.
- balance is thrown off the window at times, most notable points being Slash Man and the Wily Capsule.

What makes MM7 stand apart from the other classic series is the love for details and all the cool little secrets.
>>
>>4202250
The ball is amazing for the fact that it allows double jumping alone. Triple jumping even, if the situation allows it, hell in theory if the scrolling kept going upwards, you could do infinite jumps with it.
>>
>>4201893
It attempted to adopt the gameplay of a Megaman game on SNES except all the sprites are larger, which alters the core dynamic of the gameplay. It's slower and clunkier.
It's not exactly the "worst" game, more like the "least favorited".
>>
>>4201893
While I would personally rank it lower in terms f megaman games I don't get the hate either. I find the worse game overall to be 5 and even then I still think it's a above average game. With 7 the size of the sprites bothered a lot of people, many have said theat levels feel cramped. While this bothered me at first I quickly got over it and found the game to be quite fun Still, fuck the wily capsule battle.

Also I'm a freak who thinks megaman & bass is the best megaman game and has it as one of my all time favorite games so maybe it's just me.
>>
>>4203728
MM&B is great. Its level and enemy design mentality feels quite different from your classic "classic" MM game though, but that's also why I like it, it offers a welcome challenge outside of the couple BS moments.
>>
>>4203619
i meant before, not after
>>
>>4203658
after you get the letter on junk man, you die, and come back and get the jet.
the same with shademan, get first the protoshield, kill yourself, and fight the pumpkin again, and choose the other path and you get the energy balancer
>>
File: OVA2_067.jpg (236KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
OVA2_067.jpg
236KB, 720x540px
>>4205559
>dying on purpose

Fuck no.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.