[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vectorman Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

Holy fuck how is there so much TECHNOLOGY in this game?
The physics knock my socks off and every level has cooler GRAPHIX than the last.
This game right here, pushes blast processing to the MAX
>>
>>4201729
certified fucking cool and that sega genesis techno
>>
>>4201729
Yeah, I wish the game played as good as it looks tho. At least it's waaayy better than the sequel.
>>
>>4201782
Game plays fine.
>>
Is it me or is the hitbox for the jump attack smaller in the sequel? It feels like most of the time I went for it I'd get hit in Vectorman 2, while I had no problems with it in the first game.
>>
>>4201860
it isn't it doesn't feel as flexible as it should
>>
>>4201885
>>4201782
>jump
>shoot shit
i don't see what the problem is
>>
>>4201885

Except it's very flexible. It's almost like Sonic. You need to get good with the boost jump which is literally the best double jump implementation ever.
>>
>>4201860
>>4201921
I mispoke. The game PLAYS fine. It just isn't that much fun after the first couple levels. It did so much right but unfortunately it fails at being great.

>>4201935
>best double jump
Amen brother
>>
>>4201968
then it's a level design issue
>>
>>4201968
>>4201971
damn u really think that?
I felt like the levels just got better and better
>>
>>4202013
I do. If i ever get the itch to play some vectorman I always end up stop playing at the windmill looking bell level. Never cared for the game from that point on.
>>
>>4202041
that's where i got game overed
boss wrecked my shit
>>
>>4202041
Funny, my favorite levels are all in the second half of the game. Hydroponic Lab, Dark Ruins, Underground Vault, and Worldlink Center. I actually don't like having to play through all the easy early game levels just to get to the ones I really like.
>>
>>4201729
GENESIS DOES...
>>
How many codes can you remember off the top of your head... two for me.
>>
File: vec water.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
vec water.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
they should have promoted this when donkey kong was out because sega fell far behind during this time. I had never heard of this game until emulation and the graphics are truley breathtaking.
>>
>>4203095
It was advertised during that time.
I got the game back in the day and enjoyed it. Best Sega of America game.
>>
>>4202827
Dracula
call a cab
>>
>>4203106
Abracadabra
>>
>>4203095
The game got promoted enough, I remember it was always in the genesis demo stations.

The problem is the game lacked an iconic character design which bored the average player like me.
>>
>>4203519

This.

It didn't have a marketable 90s cool MC or a memorable setting.
They just miscalculated design-wise.

Also overall the gameplay and level layour remind me of Cool Spot.
>>
For a game where you shoot at things the camera seems way too close to the character and the character's size is too large for the screen.

Just my observation from playing the game a bit.
>>
>>4202827
>>4203106
>>4203194
bad lads detected
>>
>>4203095
Sega tried to push it pretty hard. there was even a contest to win a cash prize for whoever beat it first
>>
>>4203519
>>4203537

Except it does have an iconic character design.
>>
>>4203537
translation: it's not a nintendo game so its garbo
>>
>>4201729
I love Vectorman a lot.
Just replayed it yesterday night and now I realize why I played it so much as a kid.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.