[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no lowballs >I know what I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: 00v0v_jaAUiknnbDz_600x450.jpg (25KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
00v0v_jaAUiknnbDz_600x450.jpg
25KB, 337x450px
>no lowballs
>I know what I have
>>
Impressive but I doubt they're worth even half as much as my one of a kind NES-001 (L@@K rare Nintendo retro free shipping earthbound)
>>
>>4201008
>L@@K

LATATK

Are these aliens on ebay?
>>
>>4200958
What do you mean by lowball? Landfill games?
>>
File: CdJNTNRXEAA6G0a.jpg (28KB, 364x400px) Image search: [Google]
CdJNTNRXEAA6G0a.jpg
28KB, 364x400px
>>4200958
>SNES
>VINTAGE

>NO HAGGLE. 175 DOLLARS. NO CORDS OR CONTROLLERS
>>
File: genesis_aliensoldier_front.png (213KB, 300x411px) Image search: [Google]
genesis_aliensoldier_front.png
213KB, 300x411px
>$$$RARE $$$
>low print NA Alien Soldier!!!1!
>Very Few Made!
>...make offer
>>
File: nintendo ds.jpg (133KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo ds.jpg
133KB, 800x600px
-~*^| NINTENDO DS |^*~- *EXCELLENT CONDITION* LIKE NEW

CONSOLE ONLY. $250 FIRM. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY. WILL THROW IN SUPER MARIO FOR AN ADDITIONAL $50
>>
>>4200958
Spy Hunter alone is worth $40. That game is great.
>>
>>4200958
Don't know any NES prices, but WotBM and Milon were pretty fun games.
>>
>>4200958
Clearly if you have no lowballs you have balls that haven't dropped yet. Not surprising you can'f afford games.
>>
>>4201661
you forgot ADULT OWNED
>>
There's a retro shop in Roseville MN that states all Mario, Zelda and Pokemon games are rare and expensive.
>>
>>4201661
original DS are ugly as sin .
>>
>>4204350
But those beautifully crisp screens and the god tier D-pad make up for it.
>>
>>4200958

Now that Wrath of the Black Manta is being played on Game Grumps, the price might go up a bit.
>>
>Feeling out offers
>>
>>4204845
I remember the original DS screens being kinda crap compared to future models.
>>
>>4201661
jej
>>
>>4201426
>UNTESTED
>AS-IS
>NO RETURNS
>VERY RARE, FOR COLLECTORS
>>
>>4200958
The absolute worst:
>Looking to buy RETRO video games!!! Do you have old video games taking up space in your attic! I'll take them off your hands! NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, PS1, Saturn, Game Boy, you name it! I won't pay ebay prices, so DON'T WASTE MY TIME!
The worst thing is that I feel like people fall for this a lot.
>>
>>4206535
The classic "I'll fuck you over while acting like I'm the one doing *you* the favor" routine.
>>
>I know what these go for on ebay
>no lowballs
>only serious offers considered
>Super Rare
>Full head smashing scene
>$50
>>
>>4200958
T.craigslist
>>
>>4200958
lol eat my fart
>>
>>4206535
god, those spamming faggots deserve death
>>
>see game on ebay that I want
>Buy it now, $15, also taking best offers
>offer $10
>DECLINED, no counteroffer
>offer $12
>offer $13
What the fuck, dude? Why bother accepting offers if you aren't even going to entertain them? Now I'm going to buy this game from someone else, even if it's for more than $15, just to spite you.
>>
>>4206535
This is why I can't even use craigslist anymore. When I search for "video games", more than half the posts are people looking to scam you out of your shit. The rest are people trying to sell overpriced NES classics, or soliciting for their reseller booth at the flea market.
>>
>>4201661
so it's a GBA now
>>
>>4207182
>offered $10 less than the buy it now price
Declined with counter offer of $2.50 less than buy it now
>counter offer with $5 less
Declined no counter offer
>offered $10 less than the buy it now option again with a note saying he could keep/resell the cart since I already owned it and just wanted the case 'n' booklet.
>DECLINED no counter offer

Ended up buying it for a couple bucks more from someone else then sold the loose cart and in the end payed less than I wound have with him.
>>
>>4207215
I didn't think you could make offers lower than previous ones. At least you definitely couldn't before. Maybe they've changed it.
>>
>>4207182
This reminds me of that reseller anon who was bitching about the best offer feature, saying he hates buyers for being dishonest by offering a lower price than they are willing to pay at first, like he thinks buyers have to offer one price, the absolute highest they will go and not change it, otherwise they are abusing the system. These fuckers really are this entitled.
>>
>>4207231
>I didn't think you could make offers lower than previous ones. At least you definitely couldn't before. Maybe they've changed it.
This was only a year or so ago and assuming I'm not forgetting something that's exactly how it went down. After my 3rd offer I was locked out of offering again but I believe I could still do the buy it now option.
>>
>>4207297
Yeah, as far as I remember, that's how it works, you get three offers, and if they're all declined with no counteroffers, you can still take the buy it now price, but otherwise your fucked.

But I'm pretty damn sure that every time an offer is declined, your next one has to be higher, unless they've changed how it works. I'll try it later on some seller I don't care about pissing off.
>>
>mfw flashcart/emulator

god it feels so good. resellers are utter cancer
>>
>>4206535
difference is they actually get results instead of bitching about it online
>>
>>4207182
I just keep offering less
>>
>>4207332
Found the reseller scum. How big is your pannus?
>>
>>4201661
How do you fix scratched sceens on handhelds?
I use glad furniture polish on tissue paper.
This takes many times to get out medium scratches and deep ones don't go away.

Does anyone know if there's a better way?
>>
>>4205215
That's correct. The original DS screen has terrible blur and backlight bleed compared to the DSlite.

What I want to know is:
How much better is the DSi screen compared to the DSlite?
How does the DSi XL screen compare to the DSi (did ninty cheap out on the larger screens)?
How does the various 3DS and new 3DS screens compare to the various DS screens?
>>
>>4204350
It's by far the most comfortable to use though, and the bottom screen is fucking sturdy.
>>
>>4207231
Not sure if I've ever tried lowering my offer. However, one time I was selling an autographed book on eBay and got a best offer, which I countered, then the buyer countered back with something even higher than my counter. I let her (?) know and sold it to her for my original counter offer amount. eBay might let you just offer whatever you want.

In all, BiN OBO listings are generally a blight. It makes things too personal and the lack of listing fees for however many items a month does nothing to discourage average sellers from sitting on insanely priced items for months at a time. Plus, you never know the temperament of a particular seller when offering. For instance, I made an opening offer on some overpriced listing and was flat out declined with a message informing me that my offer was insulting, to which I countered with a $1 higher offer (I think, can't remember the amount for sure, maybe it was even a $1 offer?) and a comment that his asking price was insulting. Other times I've used best offer and wound up paying less than half of the initial list price after a brief back and forth, and without any catty declines.
>>
>>4207417
>Other times I've used best offer and wound up paying less than half of the initial list price after a brief back and forth, and without any catty declines.
It's worth it just for the one or two times this has actually happened to me. Some people on ebay are reasonable. Others are jobless scalpers who need your money to pay their rent, and I don't think the site was designed with that function in mind.
>>
Resellers are incredibly rude. Every time I deal with one irl it's always some bitter, obese individual who is only capable of one word replies.
>>
>>4207662
This. I know one reseller at my flea market who is chill. He's an older, scruffy dude who just loves video games and wants to help other people play them. His prices are always 5 to 10 bucks lower than anyone else, and if you buy multiple games, he always gives you a discount on top of that. If you buy a system, he throws in a few free cheapo games to get you started, too. I usually see him once a month. The only downside is that his stock is small, but it's always changing because he prices shit to move, unlike other resellers who end up sitting on the same overpriced carts for months into years.

But yeah, everyone else, obese, rude, and total fucking jews.
>>
>>4202019
Ice Hockey is an actual """underrated gem""", no one talks about it. Also it only ever got a cartridge release in the US, so that's kind of cool, it was an FDS game in japan.
>>
>>4205215
D-Pad and buttons are about 100x better than the DS Lite, a trade-off worth considering. The screen is dimmer than a DSL, but there's no blur to speak of.
>>4207413
3DS screens are all way, way better and have pixel perfect mode for DS software. 2DS XL in pixel-perfect mode is godly.
>>
>>4207457
Yeah, I think I've had it happen to me twice in recent memory. One time was a barter back and forth, the other was just accepted outright, in part based on the end price of one of his open auction sales of a similar item.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.