[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come this never got a re-release with an improved version?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: Street-Fighter-1.jpg (41KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
Street-Fighter-1.jpg
41KB, 500x374px
How come this never got a re-release with an improved version?
>>
>>4200921
>What is Street Fighter 2

Also, I 1cc'd Super 2 yesterday, was a good feeling.
>>
>>4200921
SF1 is so fundamentally a bad game that it'd need to be reworked from the ground up.
>>
>>4200945
i tried that too, two days ago, factory settings, totally failed :(

also SF1 had really low distribution, if it wouldnt be for emulation/roms no one would have ever seen it in action
>>
>>4200921
Too basic.
>>
Zero was supposed to be this, but the idea was scrapped early in development.
>>
File: C9SMLdSUwAA7YiN.jpg (88KB, 469x625px) Image search: [Google]
C9SMLdSUwAA7YiN.jpg
88KB, 469x625px
>>4201019
Street fighter zero was a proposal by loyal employee noritaka funamizu, if my memory doesnt betray me. The idea was to make a CPS1 "Street Fighter Classic" game to get rid of the stock of cps1 motherboards past the end of its life cycle. Rose was known as pamela. And the game ended up on CPS changer. Which was probably sold to get rid of the dead stock CPS1 chip sets.
>>
>>4201039
This is correct. It was intended to be a small side project, but it ended up becoming far more popular and selling far more than they had anticipated, so it ended up becoming its own subseries and part of the basis of the VS series. Humble beginnings.
>>
>>4201039
But this is when the game actually entered development.
Before we had the Bengus drawings of SF1 characters that gave the idea of a "SF Classic" to Noritaka.
>>
File: fatal-fury-king-of-fighters.png (7KB, 304x224px) Image search: [Google]
fatal-fury-king-of-fighters.png
7KB, 304x224px
>>4200921
It did. It's called Fatal Fury.
only half joking, and it's probably the reason why this game never got a revision -- the two planners who designed the original Street Fighter left for SNK and made Fatal Fury as their own "Street Fighter 2"
>>
File: sf1.png (111KB, 1110x832px) Image search: [Google]
sf1.png
111KB, 1110x832px
>>
>>4201039
That's probably explains why Alpha 1 feels so cheap despite coming out after Darkstalkers and X-Men. Alpha 2 feels more like a do-over than a sequel.
>>
As bad as it is, it's odd for Capcom to pretend it doesn't exist, it has re-released bad games before and just for novelty value people would not complain about it if it's just an extra in a compilation.

I always thought it was about the emulation being difficult.
>>
>>4202163
The original version of the game did use mechatronic pads.
>>
>>4202039
i don't buy your ONLY JOKING BS, the first fatal fury game is really close to the first street fighter game
>>
>>4202175
So is the second FF to the second SF. It's not just "same creators", SNK liked to copy Capcom's stuff. Hence Dan.
>>
>>4202039
This needs to be a subject of more discussion. What fighting games are actually in creator lineage with one another is a fascinating subject and creates an interesting image of history. In some ways Street Fighter IV is actually the real Street Fighter II. Or you could say Street Fighter EX is the real Street Fighter III. Or Guilty Gear is the successor to Vampire Savior. And other things like that.
>>
>>4202163
It was in the 6th gen compilations and the TG16 port was on the Wii VC.
>>
>>4202175
>the first fatal fury game is really close to the first street fighter game
and I gave a reason lol
It's basically a direct sequel to the original Street Fighter in terms of mechanics.

Considering that, FF1 is surprisingly okay, if not particularly great.
although it started development while SF2 was also still in development, it coming out months later with only three playable characters made it seem pretty lame next to SF2

>>4202223
everyone liked to copy Capcom's stuff at the time, SF2 was making big bucks
Art of Fighting was SNK's actual SF2 ripoff series (and they put big production values into it in an effort to compete, hence the MASSIVE sprites), hence Dan
>>
File: SFI-alphastyle.png (26KB, 491x123px) Image search: [Google]
SFI-alphastyle.png
26KB, 491x123px
>>4201684
those designs are top notch, can't believe 30 years have passed and Capcom still doesn't get what made their SF characters great, Retsu is better than any new character and he hasn't been on any other game since his debut.
>>
>>4202269
>Art of Fighting was SNK's actual SF2 ripoff series
Is it a rip-off when some of the same people worked on it?
>>
>>4202278
yes

actually, I don't know what staff worked on AOF, this is news to me
>>
>>4202087
>That's probably explains why Alpha 1 feels so cheap despite coming out after Darkstalkers and X-Men.
That's exactly why. It was a quick, low budget project intended for old hardware. Alpha 2 happened because Alpha 1 sold far better than they were expecting.
>>
>>4202278

Only some people who worked on SF1 worked on AoF. AoF copied SF2, that counts as a "ripoff" as it were, really more of a case of making a game with what works.

Also Capcom copied SNK as much as SNK copied Capcom in those days.
>>
>>4202087
Darkstalkers and X-Men were designed to go head to head against Samurai Shodown which previously had dethroned SFII as the king of graphics in the arcades
>>
SF1 is so generic and bland, you really can't help it, and it really isn't worth helping really. There are many generic fighters you could play that essentially play better and you could just skip over it and play SFII
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.