[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jurassic Park Sega Master System

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Jurassic Park.jpg (48KB, 260x226px) Image search: [Google]
Jurassic Park.jpg
48KB, 260x226px
Anyone else played this?
It used to be one of my favorite Master System games, the level and boss fight variety was really good in my babby mind.
>>
File: gear.png (4KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
gear.png
4KB, 160x144px
>>4200681
I've heard the GG version is basically the same, but stars a special-ops sort of dude instead of classic Grant
>>
Never played it but I"m in the Jurassic Park mood.

I just played the GameGear Power Rangers game and I think it's better than the SNES/Genesis versions.

Why is the JP master system game good?
>>
>>4200695
I played the GG version as a kid and the MS version as an adult and as far as I can tell that's the only difference...maybe the MS version looks a little better?
>>
>>4202168
The game allows you to do the levels in any order you want, each level has two different game-play stages with a boss at the end. Each boss has a unique level layout with different level gimmicks, attacks and strategy.
I think what I like the most is the variety of the game, also, it's a really short game that can be completed easily in a sitting, so you don't lose much by trying it.
>>
Played the SNES/Genesis versions and they're so so.

Surprised it came out for SMS. Would think the system would be extinct by then, no pun intended.
>>
>>4202527
It's not a port though, this is its own game.
>>
>>4202527
No, the Master System was supported directly by Sega in Europe until 1996. Longer in Brazil, but only under license by Sega.
>>
So, JP games:

Master System/Game Gear: same game, different main character, larger screen in MS.

NES/: Mostly same game, I think the GB version lacked some levels or parts of a level though.

SNES: Very similar in mechanics to the NES game but it has first person segments and a very different map and in general the better game though more difficult since it's less linear.

Genesis: It's own game.

Sequels:
JP//: SNES/ Game Boy, mostly the same game but the GB version obviously being a downgraded version with a chibi character but it takes most of the levels/story/music from SNES and only downgrades them/makes them easier/linear.

Genesis: Rampage Edition, unlike the name would imply an improved version of the original is actually a sequel, same engine but all the levels are new.

The Lost World:
SNES: no dino games :(

Game Boy: Sidescroller shooter

Genesis: A game that has a top down view similar to the SNES games.

Game Gear: Different game from Gneesis & Gameboy, it's a shooter like the JP GG game.

Playstation/Saturn: TLW The Game, the PS eventually got a "special edition" with an extra level.
Other:
PC: Chaos Island an RTS and Tresspasser
Warpath: Playstation fighting game
>>
Jurassic Park ///:

GBA: Park Builder a decent park sim. DNA factor, an ok shooter, island attack, apparently an isometric game, i need to play this one

Operation Genesis: a modern park sim at the time, it was awesome, especially PC.

And that's it for retro games of JP, only the two farmville-esque mobile games, a lego one and the QTE game have been released since.
>>
I played it on the Game Gear. It is very good, though it is on the easy side.
>>
yes, i had this game and loved it.
>>
>>4200681
It was and its is one of my most favorite games friend.
I still replay it from times to times. The music is amazing. Its a shame they didn't made a sequel for the system, though the JP games for the Mega Drive and the Game Gear were great too.
>>
>>4203515

There's also an arcade game.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.