[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite Mega Man game or series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: X.jpg (79KB, 783x1240px) Image search: [Google]
X.jpg
79KB, 783x1240px
What's your favorite Mega Man game or series?
>>
Mega Man 1 2 and 3

Fuck literally everything else.
>>
>>4200654
>not including 4
Yeah fuck off
>>
>>4200650
Mega Man Zero 1.
>>
>>4200650
>Favorite MM game
Legends 2
>Favorite series
Legends

I also really like Mega Man and Bass
>>
All, even megaman soccer and my favorite of all my favorites is MM3 MM7 MMX MMX2 MMX3 MMX4 and MMX5
>>
megaman x6 fuck y'all
>>
File: 1502491396433.jpg (1MB, 1720x2496px) Image search: [Google]
1502491396433.jpg
1MB, 1720x2496px
X and X
>>
Classic, 9.

But I like everthing, BN/Starforce which i've never tried, and except of course the truly awful games like X5.
>>
3 (with improvement patch)
7 (8-bit demake)
In no particular order
>>
>>4203004
>7 (8-bit demake)

Come on now, the demake is pretty cool, but there are too many cool things it got rid of. Also, the enemy placement/design of MM7 is clearly designed for the bigger scale, there are less enemies and they're slower, taking them as is and putting them in the NES scale doesn't work, it makes everything too empty and easy.

MM7 is cool exactly because of its style, once you get over the scale it's a great game.
>>
>>4203057
MM7 is not really any easier in 8-bit. I'm sure there are some small moments that might be easier but Bass, HannyaNED and Wily Machine/Capsule are just as challenging.
Turbo Man, Slash Man, Burst Man, Freeze Man and Slash Man's stages are no slouches either. In fact the only RM's I beat in one go was Shade Man and Spring Man.

The style was I imagine very cool at the time of release. But I only started Mega Man last year and marathonned the entire series and jumping to 16/32bit just for 7 and 8 is too jarring.
This counts doubly for 8. Mega Man 7 still does look cool but there is no way in hell I ever want to see Robot Masters that look like rubber, or hear Aqua Man call himself a handsome guy. I can live without fighting Duo.
>>
>>4203073
Whoops wrote Slash Man twice
>>
>>4203073
Come on the MM8 demake got rid of even more things than the 7 ones, including entire parts of stages.

As for the voices you can always play the Jap version. It's less silly. Do yourself a favour and play the Jap Saturn version, it even has some different enemy placement, more enemies, unique to that particular version.

What about Rockman&Forte?
>>
>>4203080
Again, I don't care for opening stages and the MM8FC stages were already so fucking hard I am glad to hear that it's not their complete versions, so I don't feel like I'm missing much.
MM8FC drove me fucking insane anyway what with Astro Man's stage of bottomless pits and Flame Man's puzzle sequences. And Wily Castle Stage 1 made me want to commit sudowoodo.

Aside from that I really enjoyed the RM fights and their stages. Tengu Man and Flame Man are some of my favourite RMs, and I really enjoyed bosses Bliking and Green Devil.
Snowboarding sections I could have very happily done without. And seriously... Mega Ball? Really?
I know Mega Man isn't the most serious franchise but they made MM8 way too childish with the voice acting, the Mega Ball, the rubbery kids-toy-aesthetic. MM8FC salvages it to a degree but there's a reason majority of MM fans hate 8.

I don't really have an interest in R&F, even if it received an 8-bit demake eventually. The stages seem to be designed only with Bass in mind and it keeps the disgusting aesthetic. Astro Man and Tengu Man returning also bugs me.
Funnily enough I love Pirate Man and Magic Man's designs. Ground Man and Burner Man look ugly as sin, overcomplicated and impractical. Cold Man and Dynamo Man look very classic and good.
Still, I don't see myself ever finding the desire to play R&F in any form.
>>
>>4203057
the worst thing about the demake is the music. Tracks like Bass or Wily 1 just don't work without the SNES instruments.
>>
>>4203101
Legends and Battle Network 3
>>
>>4200650
only the NES ones
>>
>>4200650
1, 2, 3, X, X2, and X4
>>
>>4203097
Hey I don't like this
>>
File: 1482264213397-v.jpg (112KB, 628x700px) Image search: [Google]
1482264213397-v.jpg
112KB, 628x700px
>>4202270
This.
>>
2, 3, and X1.
>>
GODS OF THE OLYMPUS TIER, ONLY DUMB VR CONTRARIANS HATE THESE
MM2
MM9
MM4
MM3
MM10

DEMI-GOD TIER, ONLY PEOPLE WHO SUCK AT VIDEO GAMES HATE THIS
MM1

HIGH TIER
MMX1
MM&B
MMX4

SEVERELY UNDERRATED TIER
MM7

GREAT TIER
MMX2
MMX3

OKAY TIER
MM6
MM8 (ignore cutscenes)

LOW TIER
MM5
MMX5

GARBAGE TIER
Every other X game

Never played any of the Zero games
>>
>>4205451
> MM8 (ignore cutscenes)

Jesus fucking christ. Save from the VA, those animated cutscenes are great, and is the closest thing we've gotten from a good MM animation save from the 3 episode Japanese OVA.
>>
>>4205460
>Save from the VA, those animated cutscenes are great

Yes but the voice acting is so otherworldly bad that I can't bear to watch it. That or mute it
>>
>>4201954
dude zero 1 was the worst of them

well okay zero 4 was the worst but come on, 2 and 3 are way better
>>
>>4205460
>tfw we'll never see more of mega man online https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpC7ZvhI6YQ
>>
>>4206767
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWgK0k6P5a4
>>
>>4203097
Oh fuck me dead I have no idea why I kept writing Flame Man. I meant Sword Man.
>>
>>4206760

they're all Dark Souls of Megaman tho
>>
Original 7 games were pretty solid imo (2,3 and 4 being the best). Couldn't stand 8's voice acting. Haven't played 9 or 10
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.