[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Playstation Scph-1001 Laser replacement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: scph 1001.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
scph 1001.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Where do I get pic related?

ripped from an old model psx (mine). The old one basically is shot. It barely reads cds.

Is there a hardware specific site that would offer new 1st/3rd party drop in replacement?

I would rather pay more to know I am dealing with experts than what has happened already. Id like to get the correct part AND working....Just once please internet...
>>
Is it not possible to rip the laser component from a PSOne and substitute it? They're far more reliable and if you have any retro game shops around you they usually go for like 25-35 bucks (around here anyway)

Just a possible convenience thing
>>
>>4199486
>Is it not possible to rip the laser component from a PSOne and substitute it?
I think that it could be very possible to rip/tear but I do not know enough about the differences between models. Some places say some things, and others sites say that the 1001 models had a different setup.....They are set up totally wonky (well documented). I have 2 of these beasts sitting around here....this is the guts of #2 that took a dump. My #1 system is still chugging away, but I really want to fix this and get replacements before they become unavailable.

Somewhat looking forward to the SD card serial attachments.....As soon as they get out of beta, we can move away from this gear-grinding cd reading format.
>>
(op) yet again.

I may have to check with some audiophile forums....These things are popular enough there that I am sure one of them would also know what is what.
>>
>>4199479
Have you tried adjusting the laser pot?
>>
>>4199520
get the PSOne one
there'll be a bit of casemodding, but the PSOne had the best laser out of all of them
>>
>>4200348
There's no casemodding required.

Just substitute the grey top plate on the PsOne laser for the black one on your original and it drops right in.
>>
>>4200348
What's so good about the PSOne laser?
I thought the 550X models completely fixed the laser of the troubled original 100X models.
How does the PSOne laser improve on earlier lasers?
>>
>>4200386
You need a longer cable still but most of the chinkshit replacements include it.

OP needs to go oem BAM model if anything.
>>
>>4199520
Or you can just buy a psp go for a fraction of the price.
>>
>>4200665
You don't need anything whatsoever to fit a PsOne laser into a 100x. Just swap the top plates and you're done.

The ribbon cable is identical.
>>
https://www.amazon.com/KSM-440BAM-Laser-Drive-PlayStation-Repair-Parts/dp/B00CW5NMXI
these people sell legit new old stock sony lasers
>>
>>4200669
>Or you can just buy a psp go for a fraction of the price.
Id prefer original hardware. I already own the hardware, and would like to restore 1/3 of my collection of 1001 series.
>>4201754
>these people sell legit new old stock sony lasers
>>4201754
Thank you anon!

I was looking to see another seller than the one I had. these have different packages. The one I ordered simply did not work, and it seemed that it was not getting power at all.

>>4200637
>I thought the 550X models completely fixed the laser of the troubled original 100X models.
It wasn't so much an issue with the laser, as much as its location in the case. It was a certain type of plastic, and it was near a heat source (psu) and they degraded. The solution was to move the laser away from the PSU.

Another aftermarket solution is to remove the power supply and put it into its own brick like most of the current systems do. I have watched what the "audiophiles" have done to increase lifespans, and plan to steal a few of their mods. I plan on having a working psx.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.