[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Persona 2 on PS1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Persona_2_EP_cover.jpg (50KB, 300x288px) Image search: [Google]
Persona_2_EP_cover.jpg
50KB, 300x288px
Should I buy a complete-in-box, like-new copy of Persona 2 Eternal Punishment for PS1 for ~$100? It has the bonus disc, too.
>>
>>4198735
Sorry to spend your money for you, but the answer is a resoundig yes.
>>
Quit being a beta cuck virgin loser and make your own decisions.
>>
>>4198735
no and this>>4198763
>>
>>4198735
You're going to need to ascend into weebdom and by japanese 2 and 2.
>>
File: 1418942299672.png (123KB, 500x500px)
1418942299672.png
123KB, 500x500px
only if you want the game with the best waifu
>>
I'm glad I bought my copy a decade ago before prices got ridiculous. I probably only spent about $30 on it complete. My copy is different from the one in OP's pic, though. It still has both discs, but only says one disc on the cover instead of OP's two.
>>
>>4198735
Retro Persona gameplay is trash, but go right ahead.
>>
>>4198945
This. Persona 3 was the first one with good combat mechanics.
>>
>>4198997
Curious. What was wrong with persona 2: Innocent Sin's gameplay.
>>
>>4198997
persona 3 has no demon conversation system
>>
>>4198997
>directly co trol only one character
>no demon recruiting system
>snap enemy weaknesses and be untouchable in literally every battle
>"good" battle mechanics...

Go fuck yourself nigger.
P2 may be somewhat at haic to a faggot child like yourself, but it had better mechanics, more control and more dept. You just like making your mc flirt with men in P3, so you think it's 3deep5me.
>>
>>4199019
It's not a gay waifu simulator
>>
>>4198735
I got one I believe in 2003 (could be wrong) for $30, and it sat on my shelf for years. Ended up selling it for more than I paid for it and got the pan version for less than $10. Ended up playing that version and loving it, lol.

Do I regret selling it?yes. Would I pay today's prices for another one?hell fucking no. I am perfectly happy with the psn version.
>>
>>4198735
If you have the disposable income, totally get it. But actually play it. Despite what some people said in this thread, it is a great game, probably my favorite of the series outside of the DS games (which weren't really Persona games anyway) - also play the translated Innocent Sin PS game, it's just as good imo.
>>
>>4198997
>good combat mechanics
lol good joke buddy. nice one.
>>
>>4198735
Hell no, emulate both the games for free and start with Innocent Sin, $100 is bullshit.
>>
>>4200148
Only reasonable answer.
OP, if you aren't a collector or a vivid Persona fan, never buy a retro game for over $50.
>>
>>4199043
Persona 2 has fucking awful, slow negotiation. It's probably the worst negotiation in the series. The combat is just SMT but simpler, much like the later games. It has a woeful encounter rate for how slow the fights are.

Persona 2 has a better story than the later entries, but saying it has better gameplay is just bullshit.
>>
Why would anyone fork over money for an Atlus localization? You're paying for an incredibly subpar version of the game. I have no idea about Persona 2 in particular, but on average, Atlus games lose a ton of shit during localization, or are rife with arbitrary changes like re-gendered or race-altered characters.

If you can't understand a word of Japanese, there's really no purpose in wanting to play - much less collect - anything by Atlus.
>>
>>4201586

>re-gendered

When did that happen?

>race-altered characters

That happened once and it was one of the first games that they localized. I've only played these games in one language or the other so I can't compare them myself though.
>>
>>4198735
I would much rather emulate at that price
Then again I'm buying Smash soon so wtf do I know
>>
It's like 10 on PSN if you have to spend money
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.