[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is S-Video supposed to have more visible scanlines than component?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: S-Video.jpg (824KB, 1296x972px) Image search: [Google]
S-Video.jpg
824KB, 1296x972px
this is the snes using a s-video cable.
>>
File: Xbox component Zsnes.jpg (742KB, 1296x972px) Image search: [Google]
Xbox component Zsnes.jpg
742KB, 1296x972px
this is the og xbox running zsnesxbox through component cable. both on crt tv.
>>
>>4198056
this is 240p video. 240pee produces thickest scanlines.
>>4198061
this is 480i or 480p video from xbox emulator. little or no scanlines.
>>
>>4198056
cable type doesnt matter. its the SD 240p signal that makes scanlines.
>>
>>4198071
>>4198072
so there's nothing i can do except play on the xbox to unsee that thick scanline?
>>
>>4198101
you're problem is obviously caused by sitting an inch away from the tv.
>>
>>4198101
you want scanlines. scanlines are your friends. dont fall for the fake emulator meme scamlines
>>
>>4198271
they are fucking ugly
>>
>>4198370
You should buy a shittier TV and/or switch back to composite cables.
>>
>>4198056

The type of cable that you used has nothing to do with the appearance of scanlines. Og Xbox emulators output at 480i on a crt which will not have scanlines. You need to use original hardware or a Wii for 240p.
>>
>>4198547
its an obvious troll thread.
i refuse to believe a person this stupid exists.
>>
>>4198061
>>4198056

Also wanted to point out that SMW is the game that even at native res is filled with jaggies, both in-game and in the logo. It's thus a terrible game for testing image quality. It will never look "perfect" regardless of your setup.
>>
>>4198558
a lot of people are new to this shit cause nobody cared about the specifics back in the day. and the majority of new friends can't google.

ops if you want an authentic look play on the wii, but wii has some lag that's hard to get over
>>
>>4198370
Hey fuck you.
Scanlines make everything looks better.
>>
>>4198071
>this is 480i or 480p video from xbox emulator. little or no scanlines.

Or rather, there are twice as many scanlines, that blend together because they are smaller.
>>
>>4199464
there are same ammount of scan lines with 240p too, the second one is just empty

we are talking about visible scan lines here
>>
File: 1501300546204.jpg (23KB, 600x331px) Image search: [Google]
1501300546204.jpg
23KB, 600x331px
wait, why do we like scan lines again?
>>
>>4198056

just play on the SNES retard, and don't sit an inch away from the TV. I have to get really close and strain to see scanlines when I play on my SNES, and I can only notice them on big flat colors.
>>
>>4199630
It's kinda like anti-aliasing, it tricks the mind into thinking that the image is more smoother.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.