[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is one of the better action rpgs on the NES. Just picked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: rcr.jpg (302KB, 894x1224px) Image search: [Google]
rcr.jpg
302KB, 894x1224px
This is one of the better action rpgs on the NES. Just picked it up and it's quickly becoming one of my favorite games on the NES. It's challenging, but it's greatly entertaining. The music is awesome, and the colors and graphics are great.
I love how the different gangs have their own uniqe traits and personality quips. They're not all pallete swapped clones.
Long, complex password system besides, I think it's a great game.

>Barf
>>
Agreed. One of the better beat'em ups out there.
>>
>>4198108
?
You must mean role scrolling belt player.
>>
>>4198162
I'm never calling it that
>>
My favorite NES game. You should check out the GBA remake. If you're into sports, the rest of the series is good, too. Most of it wasn't released in America. Check it out, it's called "Kunio-Kun." They're sports games, but with the same beat 'em up style and controls.
>>
>>4198162
>>4198108

It's a suburb slogger.
>>
>>4198003
It's called "Street Gangs" here in yurup, and it's hands down one of the coolest games I ever played :)

>eating roll animation
>>
One of my favorite games ever. Always wanted to make a rom hack that makes it golden axe-esque.

>>4198003
They're not all pallete swapped clones.

but you are wrong about that, their personalities are different, but the sprite sheet is very repititive and reuses the same 4 sprites. thats one reason i had trouble with my venture.
>>
>>4198375
Super Dodge Ball was my shit
>>
>>4198003
>one of the better action RPGs

Senpai, this is top-25 mandatory play on NES, some would even say it's top-10
>>
>>4198003
Love this game. Rented it over and over as a kid. It's challenging but pretty fair.
>>
File: rcr2.gif (46KB, 1067x1280px)
rcr2.gif
46KB, 1067x1280px
>>4199060
Which is why I got it.
I'm really enjoying the exaggerated facial expressions they all make.
>>
File: thumb-1920-612116.jpg (448KB, 1500x900px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-1920-612116.jpg
448KB, 1500x900px
favorite NES game, for all the reasons you described.

it's just perfect. wandering the city, grinding, learning new techniques, shopping...the music, the controls, the graphics, all of it. only thing they did wrong was make it too damn short.

the gba reboot that let you custom-build your own guys and create a gang of your own was cool. haven't played underground yet, but i will eventually and it looks like the labor of love this kind of game inspires.

10/10. nothing but good memories, replayable af.
>>
File: double dragon nes.jpg (326KB, 800x1150px)
double dragon nes.jpg
326KB, 800x1150px
Controversial opinion: RCR kinda sucks.
>>
i have to wonder if bully took inspiration from these games
>>
BARF
>>
>>4199612
>i have to wonder if bully took inspiration from these games

wandering aimlessly underpowered grinding for upgrades, alone?
>>
An oldie but a goodie, Seanbaby's classic review of the game:

>Kids, if there's one thing you take away from River City Ransom, may it be that violence is the answer to your problems. If you beat a gang member hard enough, he will become an honor student. And if you beat an honor student hard enough, he will give you his lunch money. And the final moral is: it's all about good grades and trips to the mall.
Seanbaby

http://www.seanbaby.com/nes/nes/rcr.htm
>>
It's in my top 3 favorite NES games (along with SMB3 and Zelda 2), for sure. I wish two player didn't drop the frame rate so badly, but single player is so much fun it's a negligible complaint.
>>
>>4199905
Stop shilling yourself dude
>>
Wish it got a good 32 bit sequel.
>>
>>4200156
>not knowing who seanbaby is
>posting on /vr/
>>
>>4198003
Super Dodge Ball IIRC is in the same family of games. There is also a hilarious soccer one as well.

They all feature "super" strikes that are just plain zany.
>>
>>4199602

The stores and items, though numerous, are too samey, and the special moves aren't balanced well. It does fall apart somewhat if you really look for depth in it.

It's still a cool game though.
>>
File: river city.jpg (705KB, 894x1250px) Image search: [Google]
river city.jpg
705KB, 894x1250px
>>4198003
RCR was my favorite video game for more than 20 years. Then, a couple of weeks ago, I finally played River City Tokyo Rumble on the 3DS. What a magnificent sequel.
>>
File: 3moredays.jpg (10KB, 174x197px)
3moredays.jpg
10KB, 174x197px
>>4200249
>yfw seanbaby is a SJW nowadays
>>
>>4202157
I'm sorry I didn't know e-celebrities were essential to /vr/
>>
>>4202157
I'm surprised he still dyes his hair like a fag.
>>
>>4201827
Nintendo World Cup and Nekketsu Soccer League
>>
File: double dragon.jpg (700KB, 1077x1250px)
double dragon.jpg
700KB, 1077x1250px
>>4198003
>Long, complex password system besides
youtube.com/watch?v=cDvHy4RtAek

>The music is awesome
Damn right. The whole Kunio NES/Famicom series has fantastic music. Check the Nekketsu Hokey game, it has the same "The Warriors" gangs feeling.
romhacking.net/translations/224/
>>
>>4202445
You know the rules, if they're corpses from decades ago, they're cool. If they're faggots from these days, they're shit. Basically /vr/.
>>
>>4203119
I knew Seanbaby of back when he was popular and nowadays I think he's an unfunny faggot who sold out to Cracked.
>>
>>4200232
kinda sad Kunio dint had games for the 32-128bit gen (psx,sat,n64,dc,ps2), at least there's this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuBTEk5RqC8

this is a remake of RCR, rival showdown is just a stupid name with no reason, the game is supposed to come out this year.
>>
>>4199905

That web design is straight from 96.
>>
>>4203214
He's also in his 40s. He obviously doesn't have that mean streak he had when he started his site... much like Maddox. He literally started the original version of seanbaby.com in 1994. Older than most people on 4chan.
>>
>>4203848
>He literally started the original version of seanbaby.com in 1994.
I didn't know the WWW was a thing in '94.
>>
>>4203868
Yeah, it had existed in a very primitive form for years. Hardly a traditional website, the original Seanbaby was just a few funny articles in text format. His first actual website started in 1998.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.