[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Crystal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: pokemon_crystal_full.jpg (34KB, 581x593px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_crystal_full.jpg
34KB, 581x593px
What's the best option for a starter in Crystal? I liked some of the newer games on the DS so I thought I would go back and emulate the older versions as well to try them out
>>
It is up to preference but chikorita will be the hardest if you plan on using your starter
>>
Probably cyndaquil since totodile only got gud after the physical/special split.
There are plenty of water types to take his place, Suicune, Gyarados, starmie, azumarill if you want a qt
>>
>>4197871
lol but how long until you can actually gget them though
>>
Considering the amount of water pokemon you can get I think Cyndaquil is the best (theres a lack of good fire pokemons imo) but I had an easier time using Totodile. Chikorita is fun if you make it wall type but theres Shuckles and Umbreon available so you'd probably go for those if you want a wall pokemon.
>>
>>4197878
you can get a whooper early on, and poliwags too iirc
>>
>>4197854
Just use whichever one you like the best, it's not a big deal.
>>
>>4197854
Fire is almost always the "best" choice because grass and water pokemon are far more common. But it also doesn't really matter. I always just look at the final evolutions and pick based on which I think looks coolest.

I went with Chicorita in my play and was happy with it. Meganium looks awesome.
>>
>>4198756
>pick based on which I think looks coolest.

If you're not playing most games like this you are a fuck

>mynigga.jpg
>>
>>4198756
>>4198781
Yeah OP, just pick based on what your gut tells you. You'll have a good time no matter what.

Some of the puristfags might disagree, but I personally recommend this ROM hack of Crystal: http://tppdevs.com/crystal.html
It's the most fun I've ever had with Pokemon, period.
>>
>>4198806
This hack is great but if OP didnt watch the stream or catched some memes I doubt it will be the same enjoyment.
>>
Just play Pure Heart Gold or whatever they're called. I realize we're on /vr/ but that doesn't mean you should play outdated, broken, games that have since been improved
>>
>>4198889
I never caught any of the streams myself. So to me, Anniversary Crystal is just Crystal with more content and a better difficulty curve. If there's any meme-ing in there, I never picked up on any of it.
>>
>>4197854
>581x593
>>
>>4197854
if you're okay with romhacks, you should try polished crystal
>>
>>4197854
Pick the one you like best. Pokemon is piss easy anyway.
>>
>>4199020
Damn... I guarantee its a lot better if you grasp all the meems
>>
>>4199160
It's a solid-ass hack, in any case. Polished Crystal seems cool too but I don't like how it swaps some of the original 251 Pokemon out. When they figure out how to get around that limitation it'll be fantastic.

Whether you play vanilla, Anniversary, or Polished, I think we can all agree Crystal is tops
>>
>>4199090

Could the install instructions be any more convoluted? Holy shit.

There is no point to have it hosted on fucking github, and you have to load it to a crystal rom yourself? The guy couldn't be bothered to just make "polished crystal" as a single folder or file and just upload it?
>>
>>4199442
If you find that convoluted why are you on /vr/? Setting up emulators and buying old games is more convoluted than you not understanding legalities.
>>
>>4199442
if you can't put in the minimal effort required there's no hope for you and you don't deserve to play it.
>>
>>4198756
>Meganium looks awesome.

okay...?
>>
Chikorita is cute as fuck and Meganium is cool as fuck.

Haters gonna hate.
>>
It's a fucking Pokemon game, OP. It's aimed at 10 year olds mostly so who gives a fuck which starter you pick.
>>
>>4199610
If you don't think it looks cool you shouldn't choose it then.
>>
>>4198975
Crystal is hardly broken, it's a colossal improvement over RBY in stability.
>>
>>4200739
don't know about you, but the RNG on gold / silver (maybe not crystal?) is so predictable I KNOW when I will be poisoned or a move will miss
>>
>>4200739
>Crystal is hardly broken,
Crystal is extremely dated and if you no even a single bit of code you can tell it's also extremely broken.
>>
>>4198781
This is the only way to play in my opinion.

Choose the pokemon that you like best, and level them up until they can fuck up everything regardless of type weakness.

>>4197854
Get all 3.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.