[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I emulating it right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8

File: Untitled.png (141KB, 816x658px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
141KB, 816x658px
Am I emulating it right?
>>
Well it's playing isn't it? So I guess you are
>>
>>4196519

THere's a PC version idiot.
>>
>>4196526
Nigger I want to play in Japanese and the Japanese PC version is hard to get.
>>
>>4196519
The resolution should be an integer multiple of the native PSX resolution for the game you're playing

try again
>>
>>4196530
Bow you idiot.
>>
>>4196519
Congrats you somehow managed to make ff7 look worse

someone mentioned it's not native resolution
>>
>>4196519
>Xebra
Nope. Use Mednafen if you insist on playing the PS1 version. It's the most accurate PSX emulator.
>>
>>4196558
Xebra is pretty fucking accurate too, infact for years it was the best choice for it.
>>
>>4196519
yes. you picked the right emulator
>>
>>4196572
Well, it makes FF7 actually look WORSE -- usually people try to process and smooth out the game

These newfags are scared to let FF7 just be FF7

>and set the battle camera angle to fixed
>>
>>4196574
it makes the game look as it should
>>
>>4196576
>There are autists that actually think that the graphical limitations of the PS1 are how the developers wanted the games to look
>>
>>4196582
You are the one that's autistic dude. You clearly did not grow up playing the game, because you don't want it to look like the actual game

You're the kind of person that thinks movies should be done and paintings should be touched up
>>
>>4196582
Do you have a shred of evidence that says they didn't?
>>
No.

Mednafen. Or RA with mednafen core.
>>
>>4196627
or just ePSXe, you know, for everybody wanting a normal emulator
>>
Looks fine. No crackling or frame issues? You're doing it right.
>>
>>4196678
Yeah, sounds and moves fine.

I also turned off bilinear in XEBRA's setting, It made the game more blurry, but I guess that's intended.
>>
>>4196680
Are you still running in a nonnative resolution you passive aggressive faggot
>>
File: Untitled.png (16KB, 813x657px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
16KB, 813x657px
>>4196693
I'm genuinely curious why you think I'm passive agressive. I guess some of your previous posts which I ignored?

Also it seems XEBRA doesn't allow you to set a custom resolution.
>>
>>4196659
The downside of mednafen is that you have to drag the .cue files to the .exe, thats retarded but its still the best emulator I've used so far, all you have to do is to get notepad ++ and check some youtube tutorials on how to run it.
>>
>>4196697
>Also it seems XEBRA doesn't allow you to set a custom resolution.

fucking KEK dude, it's the only one that allows you to set X and Y to any res you want

kek m8, seriously
>>
>>4196659
Epsxe is even more difficult to use with the hundred plugins and check boxes.
>>
>>4196716
Where?
>>
>>4196723
mouse-over on the window's edges
>>
>>4196724
Hmm, got me good.
>>
>>4196526
I still prefer the psx version, at least for ability to fast forward and how the artwork works better with fmvs
>>
no, you fail
>>
>>4196820
shut up the fuck, xebra is good choice
>>
>>4196519
starting to reek of reddit / samefag
>>
File: ps.png (15KB, 247x256px) Image search: [Google]
ps.png
15KB, 247x256px
Riddle me this, Mednafen fags.

What will you do when PSxact gets finished and destroys your beloved Mednafen?

https://github.com/adam-becker/psxact
>This project aims to emulate the PlayStation™ 1 console in an accurate fashion. No hacks or proprietary software will be used to accomplish this goal.
>This emulator is designed to work "out of the box", no plug-in hell required!
>>
>>4196519
Buy a PSP 1000 and it play it on that
>>
>>4196841
I have a PSP 2000.
>>
>>4196842
don't those have a cable to hook it up to a television too? hook that up to a CRT and have no resolution problems LOL
>>
>>4196849
I guess. But I don't have a CRT. Or the cable.
>>
>>4196850
rip in piece

/thread
>>
>>4196835
Move to PSxact. I prefer to use original consoles but if that's not an option I'll go with the most accurate emulator.
>>
>>4196835
Are you fucking for real? You think people are emulator fanboys? Gotdamn I hate people like you that think there's always sides to something. Maybe people just want an accurate emulator and still will try psxact. Fuck idiots like you make me mad.
>>
>>4196856
>underageb& autism speaks
>>
>>4196835
If it's better then it will replace it. But it will be a few years at the very least, Mednafen PSX was started in 2012 and it took a few years to reach maturity.
>>
>>4196625
The pc port?
>>
>>4196864
Now it's going to DIE
>>
>>4196724
That doesn't count. Custom resolution usually refers to the Fullscreen resolution, not the Windowed one
>>
>>4196519
>FF7 DS version
>>
>>4196880
For some reason when it comes to PS1 emulation, people just like to forget that internal resolutions matter.
>>
>>4196519
you have a controller right? please tell me your not mapping buttons?
>>
>>4196985
Yeah, I have an X360 controller.
>>
>>4196519
Why do you emulate the dithering? It's only a "feature" of early PSX consoles
>>
>>4196703
You can remedy all that with a front-end GUI.

https://github.com/AmatCoder/mednaffe
>>
How do you make mednafen PSX graphics sharp? It's blurry and no different from Xebra for me.

Which setting do I change?
>>
>>4197283
By blurry I mean jaggy and grainy(?) like the actual PSX was.

but i want it to be sharp like ePSXe can do.
>>
>>4196869

Hahahah. Good call, the fact the PC ports of the same game don't have the weird texture warping of the ps1. Same could be said of ports that mad it to the dreamcast as well. Thanks for busting that autists nuts with one short sentance.
>>
>>4196795
These are valid benefits of emulation. I can understand wanting to play a jrpg with speed toggle. I do it all the time even with platformers
>>
>>4197285
don't know if this will help you, but for one of the systems i had to turn (bi)linear interpolation off:
md.videoip 0
in the configuration file, mine is at ~/.mednafen/mednafen-09x.cfg
>>
If it's the retranslation then yes.
Or better yet, in Japanese.
>>
>>4196519
no the correct way is through steam.exe
>>
>>4197383
>PC port
>>
>>4196717
Or even a monkey could get a preconfigured version from piratebay
>>
>>4197423
Do you think I should kill myself if I say I want to read Homer in Greek instead of a translation? Or Don Quixote in Spanish?
>>
>>4197427
Yes.
Im Greek and i know translations can be perfect. Not even hard to get these days.
Also video games aren't some deep form of writting art considering their dialogues.
>>
>>4197430
So I want to read something in the original form because I don't trust translations, but I just don't know any better and they can, in fact, be perfect.
And because of that I should kill myself?
>>
>>4197445
So you are willing to invest countless days learning Latin,Greek,Japanese,German etc just because you're so paranoid to believe that translations are going to "hide the truth" from you? Not to mention that most of you people don't even know 50 words in any other language other than English and you pretend to enjoy Japanese games. Im positive you never were interested nor will be about literature and you were just trying to "outsmart" me and look like not a shitposter.
Realizing that people use these "arguments" of yours and they do always play the japanese version even in games like GTA it really makes me think...

Now if you learned Japanese just to play their games then i congratulate you on your autism but i sincerely doubt it. Most likely you're a showoff.
>>
>>4197459
>all this projecting
Jesus
>>
>>4196558
>>4196574

Okay, explain how Mednafen "LOOKS" better than Xebra. You can't seem to make the graphics sharper or smoother. it's the same as on Xebra.

And I'm talking about Mednafen, not RetroArch.

MEDNAFEN.
>>
>>4197470
>get blown out the water
>use the latest new greentext meme
Great debate my weaboo friend. You really do show your kind
>>
>>4197474
Alright then I'll actually respond and say everything that is wrong with your post.
>assumes one is going to spend countless days learning a language only not to read translations that "hide the truth"
There's a thousand other reasons to learn another language.
>assumes I only know English, and that I must pretend to enjoy other languages
I happen to know English, Portuguese, Spanish, and a little French, Italian, Greek, German, and Japanese.
>assumes one would have to "pretend" to enjoy something in its original language if they don't understand it.
Or maybe they just enjoy it. Would that trigger you?
>assumes I'm not interest in literature
First of all that is irrelevant. I used books as an example of works that get translated, could've been movies. Although you think I specifically chose books to seem smarter, but to that I say I didn't even imply I read books. I said "if I wanted to read Homer or Don Quixote", never used reading them as an actual argument. And that would be no way to "outsmart" you even, because literature is not the subject we are discussing.
Second I do happen to have read those books and have an interest in them, so you're wrong twice in this one.
>assumes that people that learn languages will play everything in that lamguage
Or maybe they will check things in their original versions just as they claim. Shocking eh? And if they don't, so what?
>assumes that Anon playing FF7 in Japanese learned it just for games
Do you really think he couldn't just know the language and want to play it that way? You got mad literally just because someone said they were gonna play a japanese game in japanese, but you assumed a hundred things in the process and made this little theatre in your head so you could get angry.
And if you were right, about everything, so what? What if they're a weeabo? It's their hobby.
>>
>>4197494
claiming to know a fuckton of languages including mine is a dangerous thing to do anon. I can just add you on skype and see what kind of moron you are. Assuming you are not a pussy whos has been waisting my time post after post.

Just how insecure are you to go all through this? Do strangers on the internet hurt your stupid feelings when they call out on your imaginary arguments?

Please keep sperging out and ill just watch. You are hillarious.
>>
>>4197503
My point is you assume a thousand things reading a post and then get angry over it like an idiot. Someone wants to play a japanese game in japanese so "oh they must be doing it just to feel smarter. It's all about elitism. There's no such thing as passions. I'll ignore the obvious assumption that he knows that language. Because of these facts I assumed, he must be a fucking idiot. I'll tell him to kill himsel."
Because yes believe it or not, when I get told to kill myself over something I like, it hurts my feelings.
>imaginary arguments
What does that even mean
>>
>>4197512
Jesus Christ. You seem so easily hurt i could drive you to hurt yourself if i tried. I could't point out a couple things more and make rage so much that you prove those to be true too but im not such an evil person.

4chan 101: People telling you to kill yourself are either messing with you or you are really dumb and think you deserve it. Take whatever pill people take when they are exploding and chill.

Im gonna bake a pizza. Have fun
>>
>>4197519
Well then I guess I must be retarded, because when I tell someone to kill themselves here I mean it, otherwise I make it obvious I'm kidding by the way I type. I assumed most were the same.
>>
>>4197473
It just does.
>>
>>4197637
G-great answer
>>
>>4197806
The only answer a reddit spacer deserves desu
>>
>>4196613
Who still plays the original Doom without at least using a source port with upscaled resolution?

You always want the games you play to look as good as they can without going full retard and throwing a bunch of filters over it...and with FF7 at least smoothing things out makes the game more consistent with FMV's.
>>
File: 1491885588923.jpg (14KB, 158x152px) Image search: [Google]
1491885588923.jpg
14KB, 158x152px
>>4196613
>because you don't want it to look like the actual game
3D graphics are intended to scale. That's the fucking point of vectors. Changing the resolution doesn't change the game.
>>
>>4197895
dog your reading comprehension in FUCKED

rip in piece
>>
>>4197898
I'm pretty sure I read it right, but it's late so who the fuck knows.
>>
>>4197904
btfo
>>
N3DS emulating snes, gb, gba, gbc, nes and some sega games, is what I like to use.
>>
>>4197423
Shush, EOP.
>>
>>4196519
The only reason I prefer the retroarch mednafen over xebra is because in xebra you have no choice but to use bilinear filtering.
Xebra is autistically accurate though and I love that, you can even do stuff like opening and closing the disc tray or plug/unplug memory cards at will, it also has Pocket Station support and it actually works, I've used it with JP ape escape.
>>
>>4196526
And it's somehow even uglier than the original Playstation version.
>>
>>4197520
If you're actually wishing death upon people then you're a fucked up cunt. KILL YOURSELF. ;)
>>
Very autistic question, is there a way to set up the PC version so the overworld displays at 240p so I don't have to deal with clean models over pixellated backgrounds, but keep the menus and battles at 1080p?
>>
File: 88dt2gfw.jpg (762KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
88dt2gfw.jpg
762KB, 1600x900px
>>4196519
No you need to install the HD texture pack with advent children crisis core pspee models.
>>
>>4196530
>Nigger I want to play in Japanese and the Japanese PC version is hard to get.
Steam offers us/weeb translation. You can very quickly use the real music instead of the included 2 bit midi.

In addition I recommend Tifa's mod. I used it to change the world model of cloud to the battle version. You can do so much with Tifa's mod, that I would think total weebo-reversion is possible.

>Pirates software
>Calls others "nigger".
>>
Here's a pretty interesting read about the porting process from PS1 to PC
http://www.pcgamer.com/why-the-hell-do-they-have-mouths-a-final-fantasy-7-pc-retrospective/

Spoiler: Nobody really remembers why they added the mouths
>>
>>4196625
>Do you have a shred of evidence that says they didn't?
An artist's work is never officially complete. They do what they can with the materials provided, and turn it out onto the public.

Games are no different.
>>
>>4199779
That honestly looks disgusting.
>>
>>4199779
That doesn't look like the psp crisis core model.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.