[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crusador of Centy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: gfs_46719_2_2.jpg (83KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_46719_2_2.jpg
83KB, 960x720px
Anyone play this before? I saw a quick glance of it and noticed it played like LoZ, but I haven't seen it mentioned here
>>
Looks cool, I'd give it a try. What is it for? SNES?
>>
>>4195297
Sega Genesis
>>
Its mentioned here enough. At the very least its reached a sort of cult status and I hear hard copies of it now fetch up to 100 bucks.
>>
It looked really... casual? Like you needed to do a bunch of arbitrary things in order to progress. You can't compare it to something grand like Zelda where you constantly felt that time was ticking.
>>
>>4195205
Good game, this is one of the few games ever where the ending actually infuriated me. Typically I rarely am ever effected by story but the ending was genuinely rage inducing to me.
>>
>>4195205
No idea this existed. How does it compare to LoZ?
>>
Probably the closest thing to Zelda a non Nintendo system ever got, almost a ripoff. Game itself is a bit meh, too kiddie for my tastes with some pacing problems but you can have fun with it.
>>
>>4195603
lolwut
>>
>>4196119
For kids
>>
>>4196164
no i mean i never got the sense that time was ticking with zelda. this game just feels the same as zelda to the point of being a ripoff. they're both casual af games and zelda is king of doing arbitrary shit to progress
>>
>>4196203
Not even in Majora's Mask?
>>
>>4196219
especially not in that lol, you could just turn back time whenever you wanted.
>>
its like a zelda game if zelda games were actually fun to play and not rigid and boring.
>>
I'd like to see some praise of this game put into words other than "better than Zelda" I'm genuinely interested in some details but all you fuckwits ever do is compare it to Zelda in non-specific terms.
>>
>>4196246
How long is the game? Can I play it and report back to you? Zeldafag here who has never played the game.
>>
>>4195205
>Played and beat it. Somewhat like Zelda LttP. Honestly if you're looking for a Zelda style game you're better off with Alundra or Shining Wisdom, they're a bit closer to Link to the Past.
>>
I played it like 20 years ago, I thought it was fun then. It didn't really stick in my mind like the Zelda games but I remember enjoying it. I would have to replay it to really form a strong opinion.

>>4196310
who are you quoting?
>>
Just played it for about half an hour. It plays pretty smoothly and I really quite like it so far. The translation is a bit iffy (apparently the EU version has a better English translation?).

It's honestly much more inviting than LttP so far, which it no doubt takes inspiration from. The game more reminds me of a Quintet game than Zelda though, especially the flower and animal communication. There's also more interaction between the player and NPCs than the usual Zelda game and there's a point-to-point world map.

The only con so far is the sword having really shitty range. I keep getting hit instead of hitting enemies, and I'm not sure how to get the dog's skill working.

Really neat game, thanks OP. The MD always gets ignored online and it's the one console I haven't really explored outside of the usual Sanic and Phantasy Star games for that reason.
>>
File: cos_2434.png (16KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
cos_2434.png
16KB, 320x224px
>>4196246
You unlock little animal companions that are mostly used to save puzzles. IMO the coolest thing this game has over LttP are the running and Jumping physics.
>>
Crusaders of Henty
>>
>>4196398
I'm quoting you back to /jp/
>>
>Every top-down action RPG is a Zelda clone
>>
>>4196428
In this case the game plays VERY similarly to LttP though.
>>
It's better than Zelda.
>>
This game is really boring
t. someone who has actually beaten it
>>
>>4196428
>Zelda is an ARPG

You are a special retard.
>>
>>4196427
We're full.
>>
>>4195630
Yeah, it's kind of 'you fight monsters yet come to understand they're misunderstood and people hunt them on the basis of being monsters, yet you meet the source of all monsters and it just decides 'now isn't the time for monsters to live amongst humans, we'll go dormant'' It's a copout but can't deny I love the game, especially some of the music, the Tower of Babel was driving as fuck, some of the boss tunes kick absolute ass, and the final area sounds really tragic and sad.

I can't deny I fucking love the training grounds music too, even though you hear it a fuckload.
>>
>>4196428
Zelda isn't an rpg. No skills, no classes, no experience points, no picking builds - it lacks all RPG elements so it can't be RPG.
>>
File: Adventure of Link.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Adventure of Link.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
>>4199436
Um...
>>
File: comfy dog.jpg (182KB, 1803x1351px) Image search: [Google]
comfy dog.jpg
182KB, 1803x1351px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exFFGILj54s
>>
>>4199845
One game doesn't define a series.
>>
>>4196046
?
That would be any of the 1:1 Zelda clones, such as Golden Warrior Axe or the other Megadrive 1:1 zelda with less quality.
Or Neutopia 1 & 2, which is still shitty Zelda with worse hitboxes and quality control.

>>4196246
Its a overhead platformer, with some really nice running and jumping physics.
The animal companion stuff and combat is just a bonus at that point, which makes it a great game.
>>
>>4199436
Not again this shitty post.
>>
I played it, it's not bad but honestly the combat is not terribly good either.

A pattern I noticed with many Zelda clones or similar games is that the combat in most cases is clunkier or just not as good. Alundra is one of my favorite games on the PS1, but I will always praise it for the puzzles, rather than the combat.
>>
File: serveimage (19).jpg (48KB, 317x585px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage (19).jpg
48KB, 317x585px
I still think Gunparu: Gunman's Proof is the best AlttP clone.
>>
>>4195302
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>4195205
i finally got a copy for pretty cheap, its really cool me and my brother played a lot of it when we were younger and use to rent mega drives and games from the local video shop
>>
>>4200330
If you wanna play Zelda for the combat try out the Ys series.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.