[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good games like this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

What are some good games like this?
>>
pick nose
>>
File: QFG1.jpg (229KB, 644x403px) Image search: [Google]
QFG1.jpg
229KB, 644x403px
>>4195201
Try the true version.
>>
>>4195404
that looks worse
>>
>>4195637
I like the look.
>>
>>4195637
Looks? Hah! You out yourself as not a true retroman.

The OP version has a mouse interface installed which ruins the game. The original version uses a text interface as was intended.
>>
>>4195654
I was just talking about looks here. It's not a genre I'm into either way.
>>
>>4195404
>Try the true version.

Technically that's not the original either.

It's actually the Japanese port. Look at the letters.
>>
>>4195404
Is this some PC-88 shit?
>>
File: hq1.jpg (104KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
hq1.jpg
104KB, 640x400px
Heroine's Quest
>>
>>4195769
Yeah! It's neat and free.
>>
>>4195404
Wait a minute. Moon runes? What obscure Japanese computer is this running on?
>>
>>4195654
ruins the game? like I have infinite time to be trial and error typing actions 'grab item' I dont know how to do that 'lift item' PERFECT.
>>
>>4197202
It's a Sierra adventure, nothing about the game is going to be intuitive and its not related to the controls
>>
File: qfi.jpg (35KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
qfi.jpg
35KB, 460x215px
>>
File: picknose qfg1.jpg (514KB, 966x1200px) Image search: [Google]
picknose qfg1.jpg
514KB, 966x1200px
>>4195326
>>
>>4197472
Have they fixed the bugs and combat in this yet?
It had amazing potenshul.
>>
>>4195404
The Amiga ports of the Sierra games were notoriously bad too. They ported it to an at the time graphically much more capable platform like the Amiga but still mostly used this fugly CGA color palette. And on top of that the Amiga ports run as slow as molasses.
>>
>>4195769
Not retro.
>>
>>4199405
When was it released?
>>
>>4200743
2016. It was a Quest for Glory gender-reversal ripoff by someone that clearly had no idea why the originals were great. Progressiveness for progressiveness's sake is cancer.
>>
>>4201058

It's not an SJW game. Fuck off with paranoid politicizing of everything.
>>
>>4197743
Wait, does that mean you *can* pick your nose with an upgraded enough lockpicking skill?
>>
>>4201356
Yes.
>>
>>4201279
>clearly never played the game
Granted, it's not as overt as Beamdog, the game is painfully obvious as a Quest for Glory ripoff with GRRRRRRRL POWER! themes pushed throughout it. Instead of being a Hero there to save the Baron's Daughter from an ugly she-Ogre, you're a Heroine there to save the inexplicably weakly Viking Warriors from an ugly he-Ogre. The game makes reference to it being a girl of all things constantly.

Again, it's not as ham-fisted as a lot of modern games are, but it's clear that the people making the game didn't quite get Sierra. Or maybe they thought they were doing some sort of Leisure Suit Larry homage?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.