[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Verdict!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: Capture.png (516KB, 1027x440px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
516KB, 1027x440px
The Verdict!
>>
>>4194836
The GBA version is a fine port for what it is but there's not really any reason to not play the original these days.
>>
Shit thread. Kill yourself.
>>
you cant even fucking bonk over pits in the GBA port, which was an intended mechanic in the original. i wonder what how much bath salt they did at nintendo HQ the day they decided to patch that out?
>>
GBA port has the same graphics, the same content, the same story, the same controls, the same everything. On top of that, it's mobile, can also be played on a GB Player if you prefer a TV, and comes with an awesome little multiplayer game. Only the most severely autistic individuals will attempt to argue that the GBA port isn't better or at least identical, and they will use retarded, meaningless arguments like >>4194871 to validate their opinion.

GBA is better. Fact.
>>
Remake.
>>
>>4194876
>removes core mechanic from game
>"its identical!"
kys
>>
>>4194882
>Nintendo fixes a few glitches and exploits that were present in the original game
>Is other completely identical and superior in every way
>"WAHHHHH CORE MECHANICS REMOVED, KILL YOURSELF WAHHH"
How does it feel to wake up every day, look in the mirror, and know that you are a fucking faggot?
>>
>>4194871
You can't? I'm pretty sure there's a puzzle in the bonus dungeon that requires it.
>>
File: Zelda_ALttP_bounce_back.png (9KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda_ALttP_bounce_back.png
9KB, 256x224px
>>4194892
>glitches and exploits
so i guess you are just supposed magically fly over this pit? it was an intended mechanic.
removing the ability to bonk over pits severely crippes the pegasus boots which was one of the core items in the game, making the game much less enjoyable. its a shit port.
>>
>>4194846
>shit thread
took the time to click on it
took the time to reply it

No you kill your self faggot!
>>
>>4194905
>removing the ability to bonk over pits
[citation needed]
Go to 8:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnfVeMHYjOM
>>
>>4194876
It's virtually identical but the lower viewing field and unnecessary OoT voice effects make it the weaker of the two.
>>
>>4194905
>so i guess you are just supposed magically fly over this pit?
You'r supposed to use the hookshot you dumb piece of shit, as >>4194934 demonstrated. How fucking stupid can you be?

>its a shit port.
No, you're just a shit human with a fecal opinion.
>>
>>4194876
GBA version has worse color, worse music, worse field of view, butchers the Ice Palace to punish players who have a modicum of ingenuity, and has annoying voice effects. The only positives the GBA version added were the ability to dig vertically and keeping the shovel after getting the ocarina.
>>
>>4194952
>GBA version has worse color
Wrong. Nostalgia goggles.
>worse music
Wrong. Nostalgia goggles.
>worse field of view
I have never noticed any difference, but even if this is true, it's a retarded complaint.
>butchers the Ice Palace to punish players who have a modicum of ingenuity
"butchers", lol... sure dude.
>and has annoying voice effects
Seriously who the fuck cares?
>The only positives the GBA version added were the ability to dig vertically and keeping the shovel after getting the ocarina.
The "only positives", right. Being able to play on a handheld or TV, having an entire seperate multiplayer game included aren't positives...
>>
It's a good port. I'd still say the SNES version is technically better just for the screen size, but that's it.

The complaints in this thread are from people going over the two versions with microscopes. If you want to play ALTTP and randomly choose one over the other, you're going to get an experience that is 99.999999999999999% the same as the other version.
>>
>>4194962
>Wrong. Nostalgia goggles.

that's not a valid argument you mong

>I have never noticed any difference

than you obviously haven't played much of the game

>Seriously who the fuck cares?

people with ears
go home kid you're embarrassing yourself
>>
>>4194978
/thread
>>
>>4194995
>that's not a valid argument you mong
Yes it is, because both color and music are fucking identical and you're retarded for even comparing them.
>than you obviously haven't played much of the game
Pot, meet kettle.
>people with ears
I think you mean "retards who get triggered by additional sound effects"

What a fucking waste of skin. Your mother should have swallowed you, the shit you would've turned into would've been better used to feed bacteria.
>>
>>4195042
The color pallet was washed out for the original GBA's screen.
>>
File: lttp_gba_pt-br_005.png (8KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
lttp_gba_pt-br_005.png
8KB, 240x160px
>>4195042
>>
File: 011.png (4KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
011.png
4KB, 256x224px
>>4195343
>>
>>4194836
>gba version ever being better than snes version
>with a 160p resolution
>>
File: snesvsgba.png (22KB, 768x672px) Image search: [Google]
snesvsgba.png
22KB, 768x672px
>>
File: link.png (577KB, 753x435px) Image search: [Google]
link.png
577KB, 753x435px
>>4195343
there is a brigtness adjustment
btw I use the Game Boy Interface but not everyone has a GBPlayer or even a Gamecube.
>>
>>4194836
Hylia help you!

A-hyuck!
>>
>>4194836
Left - timeless classic the way the developers intended the game to be

right - HYAT HYAT HYAT HYAT HYUT HYUT HYAT HYAT WAAAAAA HYAT HYAT HYAT HYAT WAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAA HYUT HYAT
>>
In a parallel universe where the SNES version had voice clips and the GBA version removed them, the originalists would be bitching about that too.

They were fine in Mario 64, they were fine in OoT, they were fine in MM. It's only bad because it's different.
>>
>>4194943
This is embarrassing. you might want to actually look at that video.

The game is fucking short, enjoyable to play through multiple times and both versions are easily obtainable. Enjoy the differences in both.
GBA has maple, though.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.