[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vr/, what do you think about Front Mission Gun Hazard? Just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Hey /vr/, what do you think about Front Mission Gun Hazard? Just finished it. It's an awesome game... for the first half anyway (it went meh specifically after it started focusing on the Guardian vs Society stuff). I really don't like where the story went, going from country to country doing mercenary work was max comfy. Also I might be overleveled, but the second half of the game was easy as shit. I don't think any boss from the second half gave me much trouble. Final boss was crappy shit that could be beaten with the Spark Gun only (Is that the name? the thing that looks like the Proton beam from Ghostbusters). Compare this to the awesome battle with the small airship that wanted to smash your face into oblivion on the desert. I'll be honest, I never ever grinded for level, I only grinded for money for new weapons because I just want those shiny, cool new weapons as fast as I can. Also I think we can agree everybody uses only Sakata as your partner, maybe sometimes Rook but mostly Sakata because everybody else is useless.
>>
lets try that again, with paragraphs this time
>>
>>4193739
Okay here goes:
Hey /vr/, what do you think about Front Mission Gun Hazard? Just finished it. It's an awesome game... for the first half anyway (it went meh specifically after it started focusing on the Guardian vs Society stuff). I really don't like where the story went, going from country to country doing mercenary work was max comfy.
Also I might be overleveled, but the second half of the game was easy as shit. I don't think any boss from the second half gave me much trouble. Final boss was crappy shit that could be beaten with the Spark Gun only (Is that the name? the thing that looks like the Proton beam from Ghostbusters). Compare this to the awesome battle with the small airship that wanted to smash your face into oblivion on the desert.
I'll be honest, I never ever grinded for level, I only grinded for money for new weapons because I just want those shiny, cool new weapons as fast as I can. Also I think we can agree everybody uses only Sakata as your partner, maybe sometimes Rook but mostly Sakata because everybody else is useless.
>>
>>4193720

I'm playing it too, and I'm at Atlas. Turns out I was severely under leveled. I had to grind to get the last Wanzer, then the Wanzer's HP was under leveled so I had enter/leave while taking damage. I've boosted my HP by 4000. I need to gain another level to use Shotgun 05 and Lazer 05.

Setup:

>Vulkan -05
>Vertical vulkan 05
>knuckle 05
>Healing 04
>blank
>blank
>Black dude partner

No clue what to even use for the last ones. Vulkan was carrying me through most of the game, but it's starting to fall off now. Only my knuckle seems to do major damage. Healing seems to be essential as everything hits like a mofo.

I don't see any way out of this than grind a bit for shotgun.
>>
>>4193720
Been meaning to play this for awhile, is it easy? How long is it?
>>
>>4194389

Easy. Long drawn out RPG in the form of a side scroller. Lots and lots of filler. Plot is okay. Huge, huge amount of customization for your mech which is neat. But the mechs themselves are just upgraded versions instead of unique.
>>
>>4193908
Yeah, grind a bit at the final area before Sentinel (where you attack the Society's base), the area where you fight a wanzer with a huge missile pod in the end. It has an okay amount of EXP. I recommend using Shotgun as your main weapon. My main choices for sub weapons are Grenade, Missile pod, and Spark gun. Grenades are dangerous for you too, but it's pretty fucking devastating if you can use it correctly. Honestly maybe because I overleveled so I never really need the repair sub weapon, just used good ol' items for that.

Also, black dude? Use Sakata as your partner, man. He'd save you some items/repair energy for quite some time, believe it or not he's pretty convenient. Just remember make sure to tell him to get the fuck out the moment he ran out of energy.

Okay, I've made a mistake. I grinded for level once, right before Atlas because I really wanted to use the last wanzer.

>>4194389
I had quite a rough start, but when you started to understand things everything will become much easier. I started playing last weekend and finished yesterday so I think it's pretty short. Like the other anon said, the most fun part of the game is mech customization, I love that shit. About the story especially the main conflict, I really think it can go without it. Boring and predictable. Like I mentioned in the OP I really wanted you and your gang to stay as mercenaries solving problems around the world. All in all it's pretty fun.
>>
FM games usually don't have awesome final bosses. Mainly because your final opponent isn't really the best pilot (most of the time). The final boss of FM1 was some giant torso that could only hit 3 spaces in front of it, and they made it hit only 1 space in the DS version.
>>
>>4194858
Really? I heard the original (Super Famicom) first Front Mission was quite hard.
>>
File: IMG_0081.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0081.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
I actually have the super famicom cartridge of this, but I haven't played more than a little bit because I can't read moon.
>>
>>4195013
The games themselves are pretty hard (if you discount FM3), but the final bosses are usually just some mastermind that isn't a good pilot. Kinda like an executive-type that had electronics strapped to him and tries to fight you in a last ditch effort.

The final boss in FM1 is a good pilot, but not the best. He's so desperate by the end that he asks to be attached to a complete machine (it's just a torso, a head and an arm), and still fails spetacularly.
>>
>>4194849

So, I realized I was using Vulkan 04. Switching to 05 fixed everything. With just a little bit of grinding I went from under-leveled, so absurdly over powered at 9999 health. The entire end stage was a breeze.

My favorite special weapons were:

>Vertical vulkan

Hits hard, useful for some bosses. Most under rated weapon by far.

>Knuckles

Super powerful.

>Missile pod

Simple. Just a bunch of missiles.

Least liked:

>Flame thrower

No range, little ammo, and doesn't seem that powerful.

>homing missile

They always miss.

>gunpods

They don't hit hard and they go away quickly.

>Sparkgun

Press X to win. Yawn.
>>
>>4195108
I see. I finished 5 in around 2009/2010 and played 3 for a bit some years ago, but I never really got into it. Maybe I'll try playing it from the first someday.

>>4195167
Wow, that's definitely too much, even I only had like 6/7 health bars.

Vertical vulcan was useful in some bosses, but eventually I left it alone because it looked kinda lame. This is the opposite of Spark which was cool looking and pretty powerful. I never really into knuckles because everything fucking explodes and hurts you in this game. I always try to do long range battles everytime except when it gets really crazy. Missile pod I think is essential. It's simple to use and strong enough.

Flame thrower is trash. It ran out of energy really quick. Just use spark gun if you want something like it. Homing missile is also trash for me not because they always miss. It's because it's weak as fuck and you can only launch one missile each time. I thought you can do it Macross-style and spam it like crazy. Gunpods' idea was cool, like funnels in Gundam but yeah, you already said why it sucks. You're also right about sparkgun, but man I can't resist, it looks rad as fuck.
>>
>>4193720
I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the ending's music.
>>
>>4195307
>I never really into knuckles because everything fucking explodes and hurts you in this game.

The later knuckles get longer range, and are faster. Also you can just be careful to position yourself away from the enemy so the explosion doesn't hurt you.
>>
I remember playing this several years ago and loving it up until I reached a particularly long level that took me like 45 minutes to get through. I died to the boss at the end and I realised it was the first time I had died in the entire game, so I didn't know where exactly the checkpoint would be. I mean, surely for a level of that length there would have to be a checkpoint somewhere right? Wrong. I dropped the game there and then. I probably would have beaten the level the second time around, but I didn't want to bother with a game that was going to jump me with super long levels devoid of any form of checkpoint or way to continue if I died.

It's a real pity too, because it's a quality game. That kinda shit really rubs me the wrong way too. The level was far too lengthy for the kind of game that makes you start from the very beginning. I don't like having my time wasted like that.
>>
>>4196208

I think I know what stage you mean. First there's a series of mini-bosses, then a big boss fight, and then a shorter one. It just goes on and on and on. I used so much Repair kits for that.
>>
>>4196181
Really? That's pretty cool, maybe if I replay this game one day I'll use knuckles.

>>4196208
Yeah, the stages have no checkpoints. The long levels are probably the ones where you're exploring a fortress or something similar, those levels are quite long and tiring. I think I remember getting absolutely frustrated in some stages like I remember the stage in the sewer where after beating the boss bunch of bombs exploded and you have to escape and I died and had to restart all over again. I guess they really should've made some kind of checkpoint system, in the longer stages at least.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.