[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should I sell my SNES collection? I got around 130 games, all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: evo-search-for-eden-02.png (144KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
evo-search-for-eden-02.png
144KB, 640x480px
should I sell my SNES collection?
I got around 130 games, all original, some CIB. total is worth around 3-4k. What do you guys says?
>>
Do you need money? If so, sure. If not, no.
>>
>>4193375
Yes. Sell it and put it towards something you can't easily replicate for $100 like you can with these games.
>>
>>4193375
If you need the cash, sure. But keep the games not supported by it and buy an sd2snes so you can play all of then again.
>>
>>4193375
Do you really need the money?
>>
OP here, no I dont really need the money but im scared it will worth nothing in the future
>>
I think it might be good to cash in on the nostalgia market at some point but is right now the best time to sell? I don't know. No one does.

If you can afford to wait it out a little while the prices might just continue to go up. SNES mini might create demand that wasn't previously there but then again it just might crash the market if normies start to think that it's enough for them and they never even consider buying authentic hardware.

Then again there might be some Chinese people who lived their young, privileged lives in the 1990s and played the shit out of SNES or some chink copy of it. They might be earning millions of dollars per year right now and they may be willing to pay a hefty premium on original, CIB stuff.

I suggest you look up some literature on collectible markets value expectations. They surely can't be as complex as stock market for example.
>>
>>4193678
The NES mini had little to no effect on game prices. I doubt the SNES mini will be any different.
>>
>>4193431
>>4193375

I think you'll regret it at some point in the future. So no, I wouldn't sell if it were me. But if you're just looking to cash in and the games hold absolutely no nostalgia value for you, then that's different.
>>
>>4193375
Only if you absolutely need money or are 100% sure you won't regret it later. I sold my Nes collection years ago and looking at the cost of reconstructing my collection, I regret it. If I had it to do over again, I would eat crow rather then sell my collection.
>>
>>4193431
It only matters what's it worth to you, man. Obviously nothing, if you only care about how much other people are willing to pay for it.
>>
thx for all the answers guys!

I think ill keep it
>>
>>4193375
You will regret it. I only sold about 10 of my games and ever time I think of them I wish I had them back.
>>
File: 1399620637176.jpg (114KB, 909x647px) Image search: [Google]
1399620637176.jpg
114KB, 909x647px
>>4193375
I bought flashcarts for NES and SNES, sold my collections of hundreds of games for both systems and haven't had a single regret. I still "have" everything I used to own, shitloads of money and FINALLY have room for things other than video game collection.
>>
>>4193375
I have never heard of someone who was happy to fully sell their collection. Most do it either for space or money, not because they want to. I say no but it's really up to you.

Here is what I suggest if you absolutely want to sell them: look over all 130 games and personally decide what you want and what you don't want. Keep the games you know you love and play later on and maybe sell those you don't love so much.
>>
Regret always come.
>>
>>4193375

I made a decision on this last week, OP.

I'm gearing up to sell all my Genesis, N46, and Dreamcast stuff. I never had these systems as a kid (I went NES > SNES > PS1) so I don't really have a nostalgic connection, and most of the games and systems I owned were picked up for a song at thrift stores and garage sales a decade ago.

My NES and SNES collections are going to be trimmed down to games I owned or rented frequently as a kid, games love, and one or two games that can't be run on Flashcarts.

Money isn't even really the major driver for me, in all I'm looking at maybe $5000; nice bonus, but not exactly life-changing money. It's more about it's clearing up space and uncluttering my life, and surrounding myself with belongings that bring me joy.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.