[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I buy retro shit? Fuck Amazon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Capture.png (220KB, 1675x800px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
220KB, 1675x800px
Where do I buy retro shit? Fuck Amazon
>>
Locally searching is your best bet to find good deals. Goodwills, garage sales, local retro game stores, there's lots of options if you keep your eyes open.

eBay is also essential, I'd say.
>>
>>4193114
-Game stores know their shit.
-Goodwill is a waste of gas because they only have good shit like 10% of the time.
-Garage Sales are the same as above, if not worse.
-Ebay is alright.
>>
Forums can be a good place to check.
>>
jus emulate brah
>>
lukiegames is decent
>>
The goodwill website has some sick deals, especially for consoles
>>
>>4193105
If you don't want to spend a fortune/don't care if you own a physical copy, then just emulate them. If you have money to burn of you want to have physical copies, then here's your options:
1. Ebay
2. Retro game store
3. Flea Markets are an option, but these guys are sometimes worse than amazon.
4. Garage sales/Goodwill but don't expect much and don't expect it to pan out often.
5. If you live in a area with a larger gaming community game swaps might be an option.
>>
>>4193105
Buying in loonies and toonies
lol, silly canooks, go back to your iglous eh
>>
>>4193105
>CDN

Well, there's your first problem.
>>
>>4193176
Do they ship to Canada?
>>
>>4193121

Craigslist faggot

>Inb4 (insert excuse here)

Kys then
>>
>>4193184
Retro game stores are fucking trash. They either price match with ebay or price higher what's being sold because not dealing with shipping.
>>
>>4193492
The only real advantage is that you can feel the condition of the product irl, whereas eBay is a bit more of a guessing game.
>>
>>4193172
They are overpriced shit.
>>
>>4193492
Best deals are at thrift shops but many times you will find nothing.

Just recently found a MITB Battle Chess for $0.50. N64 controller like new for $1.00. A good Logitech usb gamepad for $2.00. Two official wii nunchucks and a remote in good condition bundle together for $2.00.

I pass the store everyday on my way to work so I run in and take a quick browse frequently.

I can't afford to buy a lot. Most retro items are getting so expensive now. I buy what I find cheap and just emulate the rest. If I decide to get into speedrunning or other comps I will buy what I need.

Nothing wrong with emulation. Especially If it's between that or nothing. If collecting is more important than playing to you, then you are just going to have to empty your wallet.
>>
Ebay is the easiest way to get a decent deal, sometimes you gotta wait for the right price though. Flea markets and goodwill can be cheaper but the stuff is more likely to be broken. My flea market is basically little mexico and the sellers are less trustworthy than a chinese.
>>
Theres a guy two threads up trying to sell his SNES collection
>>
>>4193105
You're a canook so just use kijiji or whatever it's called.
>>
>>4193105
92 Canadian dollars is like $60 USD, that's not too bad
>>
File: 1456188377898.jpg (537KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1456188377898.jpg
537KB, 3000x3000px
Swapmeets used to be a better option years ago before the sellers caught on, nowadays the dude behind the stall will look up everything on his phone that people ask the price of and want the highest ebay buy it now prices for his non-refundable untested sun-baked wares.

Good wills and most other thriftstores are pretty dried up nowadays too, since anything worth anything just gets listed on ebay.

Fuck i hate ebay, i used to have so much fun going out and finding consoles and games in the wild for pennies on the dollar.
>>
>>4193492
>Retro game stores are fucking trash.

I agree but it is an option, not the best one, but an option none the less.
>>
Problem is, no matter where you go (amazon, ebay, swap meet, retro store, flea market, pawnshop, etc) everyone bases their prices on ebay or amazon, which ever is higher. No one wants to haggle, no one wants to give you a deal, everyone just wants to be an asshole. (I shell out the funds if it's something I really want, so fuck off with that poor fag shit). I'm just tired of every seller thinking that every game is a golden brick that they're just waiting to cash in. (Also I realize some sellers are fair, by the vast majority should fuck right off).
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.